I Was Wrong About....?

soulfulsaint

Everyone makes mistakes on the forum (with the obvious exception of 101) So this thread is a truth commission where you can admit you were wrong about a player, or Saints in general.

I think I was wrong about Gary Irvine - never fully convinced he was the real deal, saw him getting exposed last season at Dunfermline, his distribution has been erratic, but over the last two months he has grown in my estimation.

I admit I may have got it wrong. Who or what were you wrong about?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember getting gubbed, 3-0 I think. at East End Park early in the Sturrock reign and I really wanted him out. :oops:

Needless to say I have never shouted for a manager's head since

I'm guilty of the same. I think I even wrote a letter to Geoff Brown asking him to sack Sturrock for being a useless Arab bar-steward. :oops:

On the subject of managers, I thought Billy Stark was a really bad appointment, that didn't even come close to it.

I think I was wrong about Gary Irvine - never fully convinced he was the real deal, saw him getting exposed last season at Dunfermline, his distribution has been erratic, but over the last two months he has grown in my estimation.

I don't think you were wrong, I just think he's improved massively this season. Much, much better defensively. Positioning is better, covering is better and most importantly the way he handles one-on-one situations is massively improved. Credit to both the player and coaching staff. He was always better going forward and the only criticism I'd have of him now is he could show a bit more composure in danger areas.

I was totally wrong about Kenny Deuchar. Never rated him at Gretna and thought he'd be a terrible signing.

Hardie looked totally out of sorts when he first came. He got played wide then up front and it didn't suit him at all. The game that turned me was against Motherwell at Fir Park when my mate (who wasn't at the game but watching on telly) said he was impressed with Hardie pinging the ball all over the park. I watched the game the next day and he was right. It pains me to compare him now to then. It's a pity he has had these injuries to contend with.

Sheerin signed the day before the season curtain-raiser (Ayr I think) and I was really excited by him. He didn't impress me all that much at the start but now I can't speak highly enough of him. He is pure genius in a peanut shaped form.

Everyone makes mistakes on the forum (with the obvious exception of 101) So this thread is a truth commission where you can admit you were wrong about a player, or Saints in general.

I admit I may have got it wrong. Who or what were you wrong about?

I admit I was wrong about Darren Sheridan..

He was actualy worse than I thought:laugh: