#30 - 07/03/09 - Ross County (h)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It`s all been said.

One dimentional.Punt Holmes .Left back situation . Midfield bypassed . Lack of imagination.No pace in the team etc etc .

I have stayed out of the Holmes debate as I thought he wasn`t too bad but the fact that he is there encourages everyone to punt the ball in his direction.

We played really well in the first half against Rangers with Holmes in the team so they can play without the continual punt.

The game itself was poor with no one getting pass marks. Craig was poor. Why was he at left back when we brought someone in for that position. Was it because Liam was poor in midfield & del thought he was now in defensive mod & would play better at left back or was it to make way for Sheerin or Samual.

Barrett did ok but has to get studs in his boots.

Ruti`s long punts were overhit all day.

Finally. We would not be top of the league & everyone would be calling for Del to go if it wasn`t that there was nobody in this league good enough to go up to the SPL.

Another abysmal display!

Pass marks to Main, Ruti, Caff, Moon And Barratt.

Craig - Looks heavy and unfit, needs to lose a stone.

Irvine- Doesn't get on the ball enough and direct play down the flanks.

Millar - Not good enough

Sheerin - Must have a sore neck watching the ball getting launched every two minutes

Samuel- Good in flashes, looked uninterested for the majority of the game

Holmes- Looks like he is towing a caravan!

Milne - We have given him another years contract. Why?

We play with 9 behind the ball and a 40 yard gap between midfield and the front two against a team that come here playing for a draw. We should have taken Holmes off so he could watch Brewster and learn how to bring a ball down and lay it off.

We must improve the level of performance / entertainment. This is NOT good enough!!

Another abysmal display!

Pass marks to Main, Ruti, Caff, Moon And Barratt.

Craig - Looks heavy and unfit, needs to lose a stone.

Irvine- Doesn't get on the ball enough and direct play down the flanks.

Millar - Not good enough

Sheerin - Must have a sore neck watching the ball getting launched every two minutes

Samuel- Good in flashes, looked uninterested for the majority of the game

Holmes- Looks like he is towing a caravan!

Milne - We have given him another years contract. Why?

We play with 9 behind the ball and a 40 yard gap between midfield and the front two against a team that come here playing for a draw. We should have taken Holmes off so he could watch Brewster and learn how to bring a ball down and lay it off.

We must improve the level of performance / entertainment. This is NOT good enough!!

absolutely spot on

From where? His hair, his wet t-shirt? Michty me, if he needs to lose weight we're all fat wankers!

He had the same problem at Falkirk, he was given extra sessions to try and lose the extra weight.

Against Dundee he struggled to get up and down the left hand side and offered nothing coming forward from full back today.

He is a good player but if he wants to play at a higher level he has to lose some weight.

Solid at the back but no creativity up the front. Barrett and Moon looked good.

Simply that wasn't good enough. Must do so much better. Teams play for a draw with us and we can't seem to break them down.

Got to win games not draw.

As for that arse Adams in the County dugout. wtf?

Finally got the will power to switch the laptop on. For the first time since our last defeat a little bit of doubt has crept into my mind about our destiny for this season. We must change, and change now.

I didnt think we should of went with Homer today, I am now asbsolutely certain he should not play from the start against clyde. His workrate is good, and if we used him correctly could be an asset but this punt up the park is not saints, it doesnt suit the players that we have. Its utter shite! Boring to watch, and very rarely an end product. Leave that garbage to your Mortons of the league.

I thought Sammy was ok today, taken a bit of flack but he looked lively in patches. The ball on the deck would suit him and we would see more for him if we are playing this way. Moon was OK, Caff was OK (see his cross from the left wing - who the F needs swankie!), Barrett was very lively we lost a lot when he went off. Ruti didnt have as good a game as he has done recently but still pass marks. Savo OK when he came on. Generally I dont think anybody did much wrong today, just the way we are playing games would be more suited to a relegation dogfight than a championship push!

Why was Byrne on the Bench? Craig in midfield for gods sake, or as has been suggested, give him a reality check and let him watch one from the bench.

Good Cross in from Swankie but not really much involvement.

We should have this league wrapped up and about 15 points clear now!!

Its beginning to get to me now!

Im sure draw after draw isnt going to win us this league ...

This is when we need to take our chances!!:shock:

Only positive thing for me was i served swankie in dominos tonight..

He looked well pissed off!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Saints are struggling at the wrong time, they have had their fun and Dundee are starting to warm up now. Our injuries are clearing up as well .

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

another couple of wins and you'll be clear of relegation at last.

Of all our players, Rusty is certainly the one least deserving of abuse. Fair play to the guy, showing exactly what he thought of it.

Craig again invisible (at LB, not on the right, contrary to my earlier ramblings :oops:). Ridiculous to get a LB on loan, and then not even bloody play him. Moon taken off, again, for no apparent reason other than he actually tried to play the ball on the deck, tackle players, and show some attacking mindedness, all of which don't seem to be enough for one of our midfielders :roll: Samuel was hot and cold, fantastic run in the first half, lethargic for large periods of the rest of the game. Sheerin one of the few players who attempted to keep the ball down, and it would then swiftly be wasted with a poor pass, attempt of a shot or aimless cross. Barratt was taken off for no good reason I could see, and the ref was awful. It actually looked like Swankie was about to do something we'd been waiting for, when he knocked the ball past one of their players and chased after it, only to be barged to the ground. The County players' attitude, as well as their manager's, was abysmal. Diving everywhere, fouling and getting away with it, then Derek Adams running out of his box to play ball-boy.

Not good enough.

I've not had time to read the entire thread, but I thought Saints were absolutely awful yesterday and I don't think a neutral observer would ever have realised that one of the teams playing yesterday was top of the league and apparently on course for promotion to the top flight. I don't think I've ever heard of a team being top of their league in March yet playing so poorly, with no real stand out players, no creative spark, no particular shape or apparent game plan, no strikers who look like scoring or no general confidence or spring in the step. The difference between the current side and our past First Division-winning teams of the late 80s and late 90s is like night and day. Could we end up being one of the poorest teams ever to win their league? I don't like to be too scathing because I don't get to see every Saints game these days, but from what I've seen of us this season I think that could well be the case.

The main positive about us at the moment appears to be not from within our own camp, but from the fact that the entire league is so poor that nobody looks like catching us. Why has the First Division become such an awful league?

I thought everything about our shape yesterday was wrong - and I'd really love to know why Peaso isn't getting a sniff of first team action this season, because he's a far better player than a lot of the guys we've got struggling through matches every time I watch us. Part of me dreads what will happen to some of these players if they make it to the SPL, but then I also think that perhaps it's not much better up there, as teams like Hamilton appear to have hardly strengthened at all yet are doing okay. I really think, though, that no matter where we finish at the end of this season there are quite a few players in the team at the moment who just aren't good enough to be at Saints.

I also have to say though that I thought some of the stuff coming from the fans around me was truly embarrassing. A group of blokes to the right of me at the scoreboard end seemed more interested in watching the Ross County manager and attempting to be heard by him than paying attention to/encouraging our own players, and there were some guys behind me trying to start chants of "we're shite and we know we are" towards the end of the game. To me that's really poor behaviour and I think we all (I include myself in that) need to be more encouraging.

On the plus side, I thought Barratt looked like he could be quite good for us, and Hardie looked like a bit of sharpness might perhaps be returning. Sheerin still shows some flashes of the old wizard's magic, and Kevin Moon always looks promising. We also seem to be decent at the back, if we can just get a settled left-back in place. I reckon it's time to abandon the traditional approach to finding players, and see if we can't get some Goran Stanic DNA and try to build a new left-back of our own.:neutral:

What puzzles me is that most contributors on this site complain that we are one dimensional. High ball to Homer and thats yer lot. Why can everyone else except Derek McInnes see it? Or does he not care? Does he think we can/should win the league ugly??

Our football at present is boring, unattractive , toothless and will not win us the league.

I agree its better to win ugly than lose but 3 goals in our last 6 home games- thats not even winning ugly. And anyway I don't subscribe to the view that this league can ONLY be won that way.

We have the players who are capable of winning this league in style. Come on Del- get them playing football again and we can still run away with it.

Just decided to read up on yesterdays disaster.

That totally spoilt my week, we lacked anything of any substance.

Think that game cost us the title yesterday.

?????wtf????

the last time I looked at the table we were 4 points clear and even if teams won their games in hand we would still be 4 points clear!

It seems to me the fans are losing their bottle much more than can be said of the team. We have hit the inevitable sticky patch are yet are still grinding out points. Any other team's supporters would rather be in our position just now. Go on, look on the bright side.

why are people having a pop at sammy? he was absolutely knackered and didnt look fit to be playing.

mcinnes needs to get his act together, its his bloody team and he needs to sort it now, everyf**kin time its a punt. punt after f**kin punt, the way this team has been performing is completely unacceptable

i couldnt give a monkeys toss about 21 unbeaten if we are playing absolute mince that 10 years can do, and if we cannot win

the fact we are still top is unbelievable, god knows how mcinnes has got us in this position, it wouldnt surprise me if the gap was further closed on tuesday

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
?????wtf????

the last time I looked at the table we were 4 points clear and even if teams won their games in hand we would still be 4 points clear!

It seems to me the fans are losing their bottle much more than can be said of the team. We have hit the inevitable sticky patch are yet are still grinding out points. Any other team's supporters would rather be in our position just now. Go on, look on the bright side.

I agree most teams would rather be in our position and on paper we have a great advantage but I think the general opinion (see most of the posts after the game) is that our recent performances have been worrying to say the least. All it would need is for a team, from the 4 on our tail, to put a 3 or 4 game winning streak together and for us to play the way we have been doing and we could be in trouble. I'm still very hopefull we can do it but I just worry about our lack of goals and overall performance levels of late.