Airdrie v St.Johnstone..9/5/09

I am massively disappointed got to easterhouse and had to turn round and come back!!! I never wanted to ever be in easterhouse ever but the further you go on that train line the worse it gets :)

It had been raining heavily since yesterday but I have suffered a power cut in maryhill since 9 last night. never even considered the rain to be a problem, its the west coast it rains all the time here.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the stadium early today and the chat was that the ref had done an earlier pitch inspection and wanted to call the game off then and there (it would have been if it was a january fixture) but since it was the last game of the season they had to wait until last possible moment to decide. The annoying thing is, as soon as the 2pm pitch inspection was announced, the groundsmen gave up trying to get rid of the surface water as it wasnt going anywhere. I reckon delaying the kick off for an hour might have been the way forward but it give the under 17s a chance to shine now

Some interesting points St Tommy, the car park attendant paints a different picture about the ground staff, he claimed they had been "working flat-out" to clear it since the first inspection. :?

I'm not sure delaying the game would have been the right idea as I don't think the pitch would have been any better, also what would we be saying if we had waited around for another hour only for the game to then be called off?

Got to Bonnybridge wit SJC and turned back.

You would have thought by working hard and reading the weather forecasts that the rain was always going to win. Makes it very difficult now for the SFL to get an agreement from both us and Airdrie to play the match, even though it really doesn't mean anything.

But, we win and we would win the league by 10 points! :o)

:laugh:Disappointed not to get a game to watch this afternoon but the Craic in the Rowan Suite at the ground was great Chris Millar arrived just after the game was called off looking for his father and was seen to give us all a little sing song

Del and The Doc then arrived and we got a heartfelt thanks for all our efforts this season from the gaffer

Well that is the season that was :laugh:

Roll on Next SEASON :D:D

:laugh:Disappointed not to get a game to watch this afternoon but the Craic in the Rowan Suite at the ground was great Chris Millar arrived just after the game was called off looking for his father and was seen to give us all a little sing song

Del and The Doc then arrived and we got a heartfelt thanks for all our efforts this season from the gaffer

Well that is the season that was :laugh:

Roll on Next SEASON :D:D

Indeed. There aren't many clubs where one of your star players and the manager turns up togetehr after a cancelled game for some banter. Millar seems a great guy, too. Magic.

Strage day.. We arrived at about ten to two and were told by the carpark attendant that the game was in doubt. Not put off, we all decanted to the bar. I spoke to Savo as I was going in and he painted a very bleak picture saying there was NO CHANCE of the game being on. So we had a few drinks before heading back to the Saints club for a few more.. A huge anti-climax but hey-ho...I am not sure if I will travel on Monday especially if Saints play the under 17s...Very bad day for Airdrie. Lost thousands on the gate money with a very decent Saints support going to be in attendance ( many of whom will not be back on Monday), failed to avoid the play-offs and lost money on the piesand sausage rolls.But every cloud etc.. They brough trays and trays of them into the bar and we got stuck in....

Man thanks to Airdrie for their hospitality today the pies and sandwiches were much appreciated - the 3 hours or so we were in the Suite will have gone some way towards their loses on the day but they bent over backwards to allow us to have a party.:D

As to the game being called off so late, we were told as soon as we arrived that the chances of it going ahead were very slim but the ref was under pressure to get the game played and at one time they were trying for a 4 o'clock kick-off.

Very little Airdrie could do about it.

We were parked up in car park just about 1.40pm, the wee steward wearing glasses said that the goal at the away support end was badly water logged and that prior to that an earlier inspection was showing the ball travelling no more than about 5 metres on certain parts of the pitch due to the water on it. Myself and the wee lad were dissapointed not to get to display our Coconut Bras and yellow Grass Skirts:shock: maybe next season at some point.

Ghostie was that yourself sitting at the front of your bus with the Shirt, Sunglasses and hat:cool::?: Myself and wee lad, etc were parked in green 4x4.

...the 3 hours or so we were in the Suite will have gone some way towards their loses on the day but they bent over backwards to allow us to have a party...

What time did everyone stay in the Suite to?

When we arrived at 2:25 we were discouraged from going in to the bar by the car park attendant. He said the bar staff were just in the process of rounding everyone up to clear out.

Would have been a small consolation to have spent a wee while their before heading back home :sad:

We got there by Car about 230 and thought, mmmm this looks unusually quiet. We were listening to the OF Game and there was mention of the Livvy Game being in doubt but heard nothing of our game. Was this announced? What a strange end to the season......

Here was me in a bright yellow short sleeved shirt a sombrerro and sunglasses what no place to go. Went into the town centre (what a dump!) to find somewhere to kill sometime before heading back. Understandably got some strange looks.

I dont think I will be able to go to the re-arranged game, meaningless game. With the celebrations on Tuesday I am pretty sure I wont be allowed out 2 nights running........

Don't think the game will be on Monday night as Saints have the sponsors doo in McDairmid. Can't see Saints upseting the sponsors.

The game is confirmed for Monday Night. The Sponsor's Event could be moved to Tuesday before the parade? Or if it is the Under 17's, then the first team will go to Sponsor's event

on Monday as planned.

If we lived in a world of common sense, the game would be at McDiarmid with Airdrie getting 35% of the net profit. We could get a decent turn out at £10 per head. They'll get very little at Airdrie, the part time Saints ain't going and there own fans have two or three extra games to shell out for. I'd also presume they'd rather not have any extra action on their pitch.

From our point of view, we get to thank our heros and the Sponsors soiree would need little or no adjustment.

If we lived in a world of common sense, the game would be at McDiarmid with Airdrie getting 35% of the net profit. We could get a decent turn out at £10 per head. They'll get very little at Airdrie, the part time Saints ain't going and there own fans have two or three extra games to shell out for. I'd also presume they'd rather not have any extra action on their pitch.

From our point of view, we get to thank our heros and the Sponsors soiree would need little or no adjustment.

That makes a lot of sense, but won't happen.

im not going to Airdrie! Shame as I had been looking for a party last game of the season. Just another twist in this league campaign that has just been strange in all respects! Fact we are Championeees :)

Like the idea of switching the game to McD :) I think the other 8 league clubs would need to vote on that matter to get agreement, and time is short. I certainly will not be betting on this game!

a win, will have us 10points ahead! now that is a massive margin to win the league, lets hope we do the biz, good and proper!

I'd go even further than that and play it as a pre-season 'friendly' at Airdrie. The game is pointless and will attract next to no fans particularly as Airdrie (and possibly Saints) are going to put out very young teams. The current situation is bad for the fans, players and clubs, if Airdrie charge full price they should be ashamed of themselves, I'd like to see Saints put on some free buses too.

I find it amazing our own website doesn't state the game will be played on Monday night but the Airdrie one does. Does anyone at McDiarmid Park work on a Sunday?

Our main website is always soo slow in being updated. Hopefully gets better we are in the Big League :o)

I find it amazing our own website doesn't state the game will be played on Monday night but the Airdrie one does. Does anyone at McDiarmid Park work on a Sunday?

Our main website is always soo slow in being updated. Hopefully gets better we are in the Big League :o)

I find it amazing you cant read.It clearly states the game is on Monday at 7.45