Player contracts and transfers

David123

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I wouldn't mind do much if there was more communication from the club. I'm not expecting them to say "we're trying to sign Swanson but Hibs want 20% of his wages paid" or that, but let us know stuffs moving along. There's a week left of the window and all we've had is TW halfway through saying we're after two wingers. 

There was a bit came out last week about the Killie player etc then it all went quiet ,so probably better least said least embarrassment.

I don't honestly think though that we will see anyone other than a panic signing in before the window comes crashing down.

7 minutes ago, mainstand said:

MOH not even in the Rangers squad for the Aberdeen game and with them about to sign Docherty. I can see Mikey being available again.

Docherty plays a completely different position. I'd be stunned if MOH returned now, Murty spent plenty of time of time talking about giving him a chance over the past month. 

Saints will not sign anyone...to be honest we will be paying 3 injury prone guys not knowing if or when they,l be fit to play more than a couple of games. What they could do is promote from within . Young,hungry ,fit players is the way ahead........im so fed up watching macca never shoot or win a header and watch Midge sitting on the bench or Hendry in the stand. Id say saints would be a dam good team if we get the balance right. A good mix of youngsters and old heads is the way to go ......but thats down to the manager. Also with fixture conjestion this is the perfect time blood a couple of youngsters. COYS.

1 hour ago, fergiefootball said:

Saints will not sign anyone...to be honest we will be paying 3 injury prone guys not knowing if or when they,l be fit to play more than a couple of games. What they could do is promote from within . Young,hungry ,fit players is the way ahead........im so fed up watching macca never shoot or win a header and watch Midge sitting on the bench or Hendry in the stand. Id say saints would be a dam good team if we get the balance right. A good mix of youngsters and old heads is the way to go ......but thats down to the manager. Also with fixture conjestion this is the perfect time blood a couple of youngsters. COYS.

Hendry is one of those injured at present. Not sure how long he is out for. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Docherty plays a completely different position. I'd be stunned if MOH returned now, Murty spent plenty of time of time talking about giving him a chance over the past month. 

Yes I know that but as a matchday squad consists of 18 players and he is already out of it and they have dorrans miller and docherty all to fit in. Then my view is that he will be even further down the ladder. 

On 13/01/2018 at 6:07 PM, mainstand said:

Now breath and take your tablets random.:roll:

Continuity in the management team with callum moving up if Tommy goes will not impact on transfers.

Saw tw and cd talking to a very well thought of player this morning who is presently in discussions with us. If as expected it comes off even you will be cock a hoop.

There you heard it here first.

Looks like rubbish.

12 minutes ago, Abbots Deuglie Saint said:

Looks like rubbish.

Yep it was a lot of bull. I made it up to calm random down. Ask bankfoot saint as he asked me right after I put it up and I told him.:laugh:

So deuglie there you go. You have not been on that much these days. Not like the old days under your previous names when you were like a wee sewer the proverbial that used to come out. 

9 hours ago, mainstand said:

Yep it was a lot of bull. I made it up to calm random down. Ask bankfoot saint as he asked me right after I put it up and I told him.:laugh:

So deuglie there you go. You have not been on that much these days. Not like the old days under your previous names when you were like a wee sewer the proverbial that used to come out. 

He did!! Messaged me just after posting it to say it was crap 

Think Tommy has a suprise up his sleeve, saints have two games in hand against other teams round about us,I hope Tommy play's midge we are alot better with him,I also hope Watson gets his chance, good player when fit and can stay fit also got a few goals in the games he did play

44 minutes ago, tucker said:

Think Tommy has a suprise up his sleeve, saints have two games in hand against other teams round about us,I hope Tommy play's midge we are alot better with him,I also hope Watson gets his chance, good player when fit and can stay fit also got a few goals in the games he did play

Agree on Watson - sounds like he's got his fitness and form back to what it should be and I'd like to think we could benefit from that and he could be like a new signing. Similar with Kerr - if he wasn't already our player and we'd just signed a guy widely credited as being the best centre half in the Championship, we'd be pretty excited about that and see it as a bit of a coup. Add in McMillan and Kane and, at the very least, the squad has been freshened up a bit. If Hendry can step up a bit more in the second half of the season that'd help too.

Of course the big thing that's missing is MOH's replacement - personally I wouldn't be surprised if we end up not getting anyone for that role, but like always Tommy and CD will find a way to make it work.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Agree on Watson - sounds like he's got his fitness and form back to what it should be and I'd like to think we could benefit from that and he could be like a new signing. Similar with Kerr - if he wasn't already our player and we'd just signed a guy widely credited as being the best centre half in the Championship, we'd be pretty excited about that and see it as a bit of a coup. Add in McMillan and Kane and, at the very least, the squad has been freshened up a bit. If Hendry can step up a bit more in the second half of the season that'd help too.

Of course the big thing that's missing is MOH's replacement - personally I wouldn't be surprised if we end up not getting anyone for that role, but like always Tommy and CD will find a way to make it work.

I don't know about anyone else but I sick to freaking death of this thread: too many people on here speculate and raise our expectations only for them to be dashed. There are likely no high profile signings of note coming in so lets leave it until someone from the OS informs us differently.

16 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I don't know about anyone else but I sick to freaking death of this thread: too many people on here speculate and raise our expectations only for them to be dashed. There are likely no high profile signings of note coming in so lets leave it until someone from the OS informs us differently.

What are we supposed to do on a fans forum? We don't have any matches to discuss and the transfer window is open. Mainstand's daft post aside - all the names/speculation recently have either come from the press or from the manager himself.

I agree on the last point though. I've got visions of Tommy saying that we've exhausted all of our options and there will be no more signings coming in during this window. Lets hope we're both wrong, but the silence after the wee burst of news last week doesn't suggest things are coming off the way the manager hoped.