How many on here are TRUE Muirton Punters?

25e Ainslie Place

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

born and bred muirton, mum and dad still stay there. Sean and heather were my neighbours for years, i used to do errands for them all the time and clean the buses as a very young lad. Sean also used to take me to work with him, and one of my fondest memories of the big old irish chap was him taking me to dalwhinnie to drop of some rubble it tooks hours to get there. i also used to get his mums evening tele. Muirton is very close to my heart and it was a shame that it slowly went down hill due to anti social families etc. My mum and dads block is still in great condition and so is there gardens, along with a couple of blocks at bottom of balhousie and gowans, sad to see it all go

sc

Three months before I move to Canada I lived in Ainslie Place, so I guess I don't qualify as TRUE Muirton, thank Griff.

I was a Hunter Crescent kid and therefore superior in every way to Muirton folk.

I remember being in the Glennie, a pub on the High Street, one Saturday night and some Muirton hardman giving out the guff about the place. I made a remark and, summoning all two digits of his I.Q., he informed me that sarcasm was the lowest form of wit. I responded, "Yeah, pal, but I only use it on the lowest form of life".

Fisticuffs ensued. We were both ejected, barred and bloodied. So we went to the Auld Hoose, got even more blootered and became the best of friends.

Griff bless ya, Dunc. I bet you still can't punch your way out of a paper bag, ya shannis!

Smudge

Malvina Place. Left decades ago right enough. I remember lying in my bed with measles or something and being able to hear the cheering from the West Ham game when the Muirton floodlights wre officially turned on. Got knocked down by a motorbike one winter at shops on Balhousie St on my way hame from Northern District. Don't remember much about the place apart from being able to watch my old class grow up from PA's my granny sent through to Greenock. Stuff old Cappy, surely if you could hear the crowd at a game you're genuine !

Still huvny lost ma accent , Ken ! :wink:

I LIVED IN GOWANS TERRACE, AINSLIE PLACE+ AINSLIE GARDENS.WENT TO THE GRAMMAR (well i was meant to go,usually skived it+hid myself in woody island) PISSED IT UP IN THE TAY MOTEL.WORKED WITH MY UNCLES ICE CREAM VAN INSIDE MUIRTON PARK.LOST MY VIRGINITY IN MUIRTON....MUST RETURN ONE DAY....ANDY LITTLE-JOHNSTONE(JOHNSTONE WAS MY LEGION NAME FOR A WHILE+IS MY MOTHERS maiden name ,but shes no saint).