Liverpool in a crisis ?

bobby kemp

• 4 weeks later...
possibility of 2 cup wins ........crisis over??????

The supporters of Liverpool, whilst they will enjoy cup success, want to be challenging for the league title again. Until they are in a real position to do so, the fans will not be happy.

To that end, their performances in the league to me suggest that as a club, they are still in crisis

• 2 weeks later...

Sacked for not getting L'pool into the Champions League?

Oh well - pity for Kenny that Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs hadn't heard. How silly of these four to spend loads of money and try to get into the Champs League themselves. Damned irresponsible of them if you ask me - clearly don't recognise the inalienable right of L'pool to play in the top European comp. Ach well - you can go home and give Marina a wee cuddle (euphamism) and get it out of your system (metaphor).

I'm pretty glad he's gone. I've always been a big fan of Kenny - Scottish hero and all that - but last season he was an embarrassment. Totally negative, aggressive, almost paranoid. I used to cringe when he came on with that shifty, wild-eyed stare and start lambasting the world for Liverpool not winning.

Totally agree. Best he just gracefully retires and appears at events and awards.

Kenny Dalgleish will always be a hero to me and you can't suddenly dis him for a relatively poor season by Liverpool's standards. He did improve the team in the run-in last season after taking over from the current England manager. Yes he did make some bad signings like Charlie Adam and Henderson, in fact I know Sunderland fans that thought it was fantastic getting money for Henderson. Downing and Carrol are potentially very good and wee racist Suarez is totally brillian in footballing terms.

I'd like to pay a tribute to Kenny since this may be his last act. I seen him score agaimnst Saints I'm sure. The first time I seen him was in a Texaco Cup game at Firhill one Wednesday evening one August which was a semi-final where Celtic beat Saints 4-2 and where Celtic introduced a further two youngsters - Lou Macari and Vic Davidson. Good game.I'm convinced I seen him score at Muirton.

I seen him, Jmmy Johnstone, David Hay, Danny McGrain, Billy McNeil, Bobby Murdoch and the whole Celtic team play Stirling Univesity and they won 10-1. Great stuff by Jock Stein, a man of the people.

The next time I seen him was in the Windsor Bar [brennans] with Graeme Souness, Kenny Burns, and Gordon McQueen in June 1978 when they were staying at Gleneagles before the 1978 World Cup.

Anyway here

As a player -

Won 4 Scottish 1st Division titles; won 4 Scottish Cups; 1 League Cup.

He was sold for a British transfer record of £440,000 from Celtic to Liverpool - what an investment!

won 7 English 1st Division titles; 3 FA Cups; 2 League Cups; 3 Champions Leagues (European Cups) .

As a manager -

Liverpool. 3 English 1st Division titles; 2 FA Cups.

Blackburn. 2nd Division title, 1st Division title.

Newcastle. 2nd in Premier League, runners-up in FA Cup.

Celtic. Director of Football ending up caretaker manager after ICT Highlanders thrashed the John Barnes' Celts. He left one of the two great Irish influenced religious sectarian sides 1 year later in what's described as an acrimonious departure.

Liverpool. Returned as caretaker manager.

Good video this -

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud_D7NJeCxA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud_D7NJeCxA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Well said Ronaldo..

Kenny was part of 3 of the greatest games played by scotland. It will always be a pleasure to say i was at that game v spain in 86.

You set up archie for his wonder goal and scored in THE BEST game...

I will have a wee toast for ye in florida next week.....:laugh:

Edited by Hubands House

I must have been about twelve. Straight over the barrier at Muirton with my saints scarf on, straight up to King Kenny warming up for Celtic. "can I have yer autograph please Kenny". Signed my book, ruffled my hair and said "enjoy the game wee man". I had just met my boyhood hero. A moment that will live with me forever and still as clear as day.