Jean Rattray Deed

Watty

Saw big Hector the marathon man in town recently. His jacket a wee bit on the small side. I remember many years ago now, I was in the Post Office in South Street, and was putting stamps on my letters. He was beside me, and proudly told me he had written a letter himself and had addressed the envelope. Well it looked like a drunken chicken had walked across the envelope.

The envelope was addressed to a tv quiz programme, which was popular at the time. He went on to tell me, how we wanted to be on the programme.

Hector, then stuck the stamp to the envelope. WHAM WHAM WHAM, "It has to be stuck on properly, or it might fall off".

Many years ago now. I remember seeing Jean Rattray sitting outside Boots, she had a bit of cardboard with "Hungry and Homeless, Sleeping under the Stars. Any spare change. Thank you".

She had a small cardboard tray for the cash which was EMPTY.

I remember a story from a mate who used to work in the DSS at Mill St. Jean Rattray went in the day after Giro day, saying she'd lost her purse, looking for some more money. My man took the piss a wee bit, then offered her a "crisis loan" which she'd need to pay back. She muttered a few obscenities and then headed for the waiting room out of the wee interview booths. As she passed through the public area, she shouted at my man "Hie son - lick ma f*d". To which my man replied "I wouldnae let ma dug dae that missus". I understand some disciplinary action might have followed....

Edited by babychunder

Jean and chums would stand outside the DSS in Mill Street, having a smoke and a 'wee refreshment' or three. One of them was stationed inside, to listen out for those outside. Then come out and say whose appointment it was. After all, couldn't keep them from the booze now.

My-hat-a-maghandi... forgot about him.

There's also the wee guy that buys a mega-rider and just goes on different buses all day annoying the drivers!!! Has loads of badges on his jacket...

Haven't spotted this bloke in ages. He had a couple of bus driver jackets, and I reckoned he was doing a pretend shift. Some years ago I was away though to Glasgow on a Citylink coach. He got on at Leonard Street, and bought a return to Stirling. Got off at Stirling and joined the queue for the return coach.

DO THIS

1. Scroll up,

2. Check out Wee Jean's loving look, just love in those eyes

3. Come back down, and leave a comment, share your memories..

With so so many wannabes, it is great that we celebrate someone who was a never-be, devoid of WAG looks or any magical skill.....we still remember her well.....

RIP JEAN!

She led the life she loved! Can't think many people on this forum who will be given the send off she was! Perthshire Advertiser report, flower tributes & a funeral march down South Street with the traffic stopped! Mind you where was the PA photographer when she was peeing up the close at Banks Ski hire! (On a regular basis, I may add)

you see a colourful person who is begging and claims to be hungry and homeless, did YOU or did YOU not help in anyway?

if no, any thing you day Post Mortum is just total post shitum, i see in black and white

fuque the wanna be bourgoisies

Alright, I'll bite on that. In my life I've paid Hector the inspector way more than £1m in taxes and NI. Jean's had her slice of that, along wi a the other Jakies, scroungers, welfare witches, and lazy chunts who won't work - so excuse me if the only thing I throw in the hats o her and her ilk is a docker's oyster.

Here we go!

I hear you babychunder - it sucks leg to graft and see people glide through on an prawn sandwich! I hate it too....but must admit to holding a soft spot for Alkies and Jakies...... lest face it, they are poor scraps and not the shunts who really do the scamming, cheating and lording it up on the rest of us.

The "1%" as they are called can suck leg first, then the other rag tag bunch of offshore "true Brit" shills can lick damp sweat fae ma dugz baws...already!

EDIT: And for context, let's face it..... auld jean was best off on the steps of the PO....god forgive the lot of us if she had been in there working!!!! Holy sheet, take my taxes to keep her out!!!!!!!

Edited by MySpazz

more than a million? so fuquing what

did you ever spare a dime to Jeannie, or a donation of any kind of sort, as you casted your eyes at her misery....there,right in front of you

you only paid your taxes...because you do not want to go to jail, spare me yer 'i pay more than, i work more than and i wanque more than any mf ( ten a penny the 1 pc, these days

I give generously to good causes, but I've nothing to spare for lost causes. As an example, these past six years I've paid the school fees, books, travel and housing for two wee orphan girls in Uganda through a charity called Abaana. I also went out there a while back and helped them wire up a schoolhouse and dig a well, all at my own expense.

I agree that better off members of society should help the less well off ones, and by paying more in taxes (50% last year) I feel that I've done my bit.

You really don't have any grounds at all to criticise me for choosing not to give money to Jean Rattray. That cash will go via her digestive system and straight into Viccy Wine's pocket. Whereas the money I spend in Uganda will have an end product of two wee girls who'll have a better start in life and a chance to make something of themselves. Jean's misery is entirely of her own making, whereas these wee lassies were born into it and had nae choice. So you can call me Mr 1% or whatever you like but it's water off a duck's back mate, I have nothing to be ashamed of and no reason to envy others more successful than me (of which there are many). Don't you phuccing suggest for one minute that I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth and that I'm a member of any ruling elite. I grew up as a schemie in a shitey part of Letham. My auld man was a lorry driver. Everything I have, I earned with the sweat of my own labour.

Agree with babychunder.

Many more deserving causes out there to "spare some change for" than Jeanie.  

Throwing her a couple of quid was effectively buying her a tin of Tennants Super, which would then be found rolling about the pavement or left sitting on a park bench.  

Edited by Nick

Andy, the thread has been going a long time. I "flamed" it by adding a photo. No malice to Auld Jean.....

Don't be getting too mental about sh*t..... some have, and some have more. You will know having traveled that there are many millions sleeping under tarpalen.... so Jean lived a very royal life by comparison, likewise all the other alchies and jakes.....and don't be giving them money, or YOU are the problem!

Peace!

I for one had given Jean a cigarette or two in the past,i have also made her dinner etc. Before anyone on here makes some snarky comment or any innuendos i work within the homeless community as a support worker.

Yes she was a pain in the arse with her foul mouth and kerbside manners,people would rather cross the street when they saw her,her drinking habits etc were all her own doing.Sure i can see why people get upset when they believe that their hard earned taxes go to folk the same as she was,it bugs me too when we assume their own issues are all self inflicted,some want help others dont,but some are beyond help.Addiction is a b****** of an illness whatever form it takes.

• 5 months later...