Accounts

Radford 72

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's an awful lot of you getting your knickers in a twist. Admin costs is a very good story, and partially true, but ultimately the club want to bring back the vast majority of the scattered shareholding to the club for two simple reasons. They are well documented on this forum and most of the shareholders and lurkers on this forum know fine well what is happening at the club.

I don't understand why folk are offended at being offered 30p a share. If you don't wanna sell, don't sell. Retaining your shares will not harm the club.

You want Saints to cut wages?

I think he wants players to take a wage cut, not just saints but across the board.

I hope that's what he means. I wouldn't swap my £17K job for life in order to play football for Saints wages - unless the club offering me terms were Saints!! A fitba player's career is short and the money at Saints ain't good by anyone's standards.

Yea Joe is correct I am talking about across the board, Yes I accept its a short career and players do deserve to be paid for entertaining us. The problem teams like Saints have is knowing the level we need to be paying at. The higher the wages get in the premiership the higher the wages get in the Championship etc. It filters down the leagues in England and has an effect up here. Now don't get me wrong there is no way we should try and cut the wages on our own. We will end up with a poor team and be unable to attract any players. The wages we are paying now are what we have to pay but at a time when many peoples wages will be going down you can bet in a few years Saints will have to pay out even more, thus whether fans like myself are earning any more the prices will have to go up or the club will not be able to run.

It will take the Premership bubble to burst (and it will one day) for wages to fall and then whether the clubs pass on the reduction in cost or not to the fans will be for the directors of the future to decide.

Tonight's crowd shows people are short of cash and if the games not on the season ticket they think twice about going.

Tonights crowd shows how awful our support has become. It appears that success has breeds contempt.

It was a piss-poor attendance right enough but it would be foolhardy to read too much into it. The bairns have all gone back to school, and parents have just shelled out hundreds, more likely than not, in paying for uniforms, stationary and so on. Paying to see Saints edge past a mediocre first division outfit on a chilly August evening just isn't a justifyable expense for many people, particularly so near payday when money gets tight. I'm as embarassed as anyone else at how fickle and fairweather many of our fans appear to be, but there's not much we can do about it for now.

It was a piss-poor attendance right enough but it would be foolhardy to read too much into it. The bairns have all gone back to school, and parents have just shelled out hundreds, more likely than not, in paying for uniforms, stationary and so on. Paying to see Saints edge past a mediocre first division outfit on a chilly August evening just isn't a justifyable expense for many people, particularly so near payday when money gets tight. I'm as embarassed as anyone else at how fickle and fairweather many of our fans appear to be, but there's not much we can do about it for now.

So much for summer football being the answer then.

midweek games do not always suit folk. Just becasue some missed the match tehy should not be classed as "fickle and fairweather many of our fans appear to be" I did not go tonight due to work comitments and the travelling. all the games had relatively poor attendances.

I say we leave it to goeff brown as he has more of a clue than the rest of you put together.

Just for the best

Thread really should have been stopped here.

It appears not only to a fair section of our fans think they would be better managers, they also would be better businessmen then Geoff.....

Tonights crowd shows how awful our support has become. It appears that success has breeds contempt.

I can see what you're saying, I'm sure it applies to some who didn't attend, but not everyone. To make the game last night, I would've had to have taken an hour out of my yearly holiday allocation so I could try and catch a cheaper train. If I hadn't caught that non-peak time train, the trip through would likely have cost me about £50. I can't justify spending that kind of money on the 2nd round of the League Cup. I'm sure there would be other Saintees in similar positions, and others working etc too.

How many travelling fans were through? I don't think 1500 fans going to a non-season ticket game against lower league opposition is too bad an attendance to be honest. Especially when you consider we've not got *that* many more season ticket holders.

For what it's worth, i missed the game last night due to a lack of funds (Payday 31st) and a pre -arranged community meeting.In simple terms i just could not afford it!!If it had been £25, plus what i had to pay for my son i would never be able to afford it.i have a Season ticket my son and i and don't miss many home games due to that!! but if it was cash at the gate choice for me at £25 i would HAVE to miss a number of games as it would be well over my afforability!!

I can see what you're saying, I'm sure it applies to some who didn't attend, but not everyone. To make the game last night, I would've had to have taken an hour out of my yearly holiday allocation so I could try and catch a cheaper train. If I hadn't caught that non-peak time train, the trip through would likely have cost me about £50. I can't justify spending that kind of money on the 2nd round of the League Cup. I'm sure there would be other Saintees in similar positions, and others working etc too.

How many travelling fans were through? I don't think 1500 fans going to a non-season ticket game against lower league opposition is too bad an attendance to be honest. Especially when you consider we've not got *that* many more season ticket holders.

I commented on the crowd at the game. It was poor, i only went because my brothers up from Cardiff and it was about the only chance i'll get to see him. If i was Geoff i would have given loads of tickets to the schools, although not sure if we could, due to it being a cup game and gates being split.

The bottom line is we all have excuses not to go. It's all about priorities. I could have went to the Aberdeen game, I chose not to. Most folks chose not to be in attendance last night. Trouble is, they'll still claim to be die hards.

Anybody reading this IS a die hard.

Well done you all. It only takes one game .........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think you are being slightly unfair.Dougie's interpersonal skills were a bit rusty but he has given tremendous unpaid service over 26yrs as a director .He was the man responsible for starting the Saints Lottery which has brought a lot of money into the club over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a wee update fae the shareholders' MTM night, Grant stated that a grand total of 1 person had agreed to sell their shareholding back to the club. Said person had had the shares passed down through the family.

Everyone else was apparently 'emotionally attached' to their certificates.:wink: