Dundee in Administration on Wednesday

Real Madrid

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't realise that thanks. Strange decision then. Maybe they want to see history being made by covering Dundee's last ever cup tie.

I would presume that, as BBC took the Rangers match, that Sky see this as a potential upset given that it will be, technically, the worst side in Division 1 against the best non-OF side in Scotland at present (arguably).

• 1 month later...

I feel sorry for the real fans like this lot

From DFC Site

In addition there was help for the groundstaff as they worked during the night - and it was much needed, Brian Robertson and Ian had been at Dens all Saturday and were back at work at midnight - they were soon joined by four teenagers who had seen the floodlights on and who went up to Dens to help - while at around 3am a fan came into the ground, wearing a suit, on his way home from a night out and stayed till 7am to help

I feel sorry for the real fans like this lot

From DFC Site

In addition there was help for the groundstaff as they worked during the night - and it was much needed, Brian Robertson and Ian had been at Dens all Saturday and were back at work at midnight - they were soon joined by four teenagers who had seen the floodlights on and who went up to Dens to help - while at around 3am a fan came into the ground, wearing a suit, on his way home from a night out and stayed till 7am to help

At least they put in an effort unlike the Dundee players, how can that lot have won so many games in a row is beyond me.

Douglas - way too fat, could not catch the ball and way past it

Lockwood - What a joke, did not have a clue what he was doing and the Motherwell wingers must have loved playing against him

Harkins - Did they really pay 100k for that! :laugh:

Griffiths - First division player, no better and is always off side

Higgins - Almost invisible on the pitch

The rest - Could not string 2 passes together.

It amazes me that all the crap Dundee have put themselves through it shows that their supporters do come out to help when it is backs against the wall but where were all these folk when they were throwing money about and dodging bills??

Sooner they get the punishment for what they have done, not once but twice in a short timescale, the better.

At least they put in an effort unlike the Dundee players, how can that lot have won so many games in a row is beyond me.

Douglas - way too fat, could not catch the ball and way past it

Lockwood - What a joke, did not have a clue what he was doing and the Motherwell wingers must have loved playing against him

Harkins - Did they really pay 100k for that! :laugh:

Griffiths - First division player, no better and is always off side

Higgins - Almost invisible on the pitch

The rest - Could not string 2 passes together.

LG was flagged incorrectly in the 1st half but still pulled his shot wide

Higgins ALMOST - visible for that horror tackle

Got to hand it to the Dees fans for their fund raising efforts on behalf of the club

Complete idiots. It's a great effort and shows commendable, if misguided, commitment to their club. What they are actually doing is raising money to line the pockets of the administrator and pay back the millionaire creditors Bennett and Melville. They should let it go bust and start again or they will continue in this debt-sugar daddy-administration cycle.

Complete idiots. It's a great effort and shows commendable, if misguided, commitment to their club. What they are actually doing is raising money to line the pockets of the administrator and pay back the millionaire creditors Bennett and Melville. They should let it go bust and start again or they will continue in this debt-sugar daddy-administration cycle.

Now, read my post again...

Now, read my post again...

No thanks, it wasn't that interesting. :neutral:

I used your post to bring up the fans fundraising issue as I heard that a Dundee board member was reading out the names of fundraisers at the game yesterday. Ordinary, well intentioned punters giving relatively large sums of money in the belief that they're saving the club. Seems a bit tragic to me.