#22 - 11/01/11 - Hearts 0-1 Saints - Scottish Cup

sjfc.spl.09-10

I take it it is a closed doors game on the main pitch. Quite surprised that they are going to all that bother of clearing the pitch for a friendly,

Not sure to be honest,mate was getting back to me to confirm.The pitch has been snow free all week as far as i could see,having been working in Perth.Man Utd v Liverpool just edges it for me!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure to be honest,mate was getting back to me to confirm.The pitch has been snow free all week as far as i could see,having been working in Perth.Man Utd v Liverpool just edges it for me!

Players were using Ravenscraig for training yesterday, but given the cost of hiring the pitch it is not something they can afford to do every day. An incredible £220 per hour for a indoor pitch,

Players were using Ravenscraig for training yesterday, but given the cost of hiring the pitch it is not something they can afford to do every day. An incredible £220 per hour for a indoor pitch,

Ouch...often wondered how much it would cost to put up a roof over the all weather pitch here. does not have to be anything too fancy just a very basic structure to keep the weather out

As the previous poster said, they hired in port-a-loos for that game.

Obviously we are tooo "diddy" to waste money on hiring them in this weekend.

So no doubt the media will pick up on this and call for heads to roll at Tynecastle and reduced / free admission for Saints fans for the rearranged game and travel costs to be paid etc.

...or does that only apply when it's us against TFOD:evil:

The astro at Mcd park costs £87 for half pitch for an hour, so its not much cheaper and no roof:wink:

Jambos think they are smart arses and by calling off the game we loose more money by a lower gate in mid week ? Now unless i am mistaken who actully needs the money more we are at least wiping our erses but the Jambos who knows what their finicial situation is

You could look on the flip side, they are lucky as 'F' Geoff demanded it was full price now. If it was reduced prices they would not be looking to make very much. :laugh:

I do wonder if this will go ahead on Tuesday though. Seems a bit rash to make it 2 1/2 days later in the current weather situation. :roll:

Weather in Embra is fine - the problem is that the tip that is Swinecastle is falling to bits and they need to get the plumbers in

That and the fact that they had 4 or 5 players who were probably going to miss the game today because of illness or injury. Now they've got an extra few days to get them back. Could be a reason why they weren't trying too hard to ensure it went ahead today?

Looking forward to this now, Not sure how the atmosphere will be like with only 3 stands open but if we play like we did in the 4-2 league cup win in the 90's all us Saints fans will be happy. Were we not 2-0 down that night?

One of the great Saints performances that is often overlooked.

Hearts 2-0 up and then they had someone sent off...wasn't it a certain Jim Weir?...after which Sturrock did some rearranging and we played them off the park. Even allowing for 10 v 11 it was immense as we scored 4 without reply.

Standout was the much maligned Davie Irons who gave a master class in splitting a defence open from sweeper/back four with a succession of superb passes.

I think Tommy McLean had replaced Clark as Hearts manager by then although not 100% sure.

A great night that's for sure.

It was Steve Frail that was sent off for deliberate handball just before half time. O'Boyle missed the resultant penalty. Absolutely hammered them in second half with four goals. McLean was the manager and we were in the main stand right next to his dugout where he was given loads of abuse.

Sadly lost 3-1 at home to Raith in quarters in what was wide open competition. Raith went on to win it if course against Celtic after beating Airdrie at McDiarmid in the semi.

Looking forward to this now, Not sure how the atmosphere will be like with only 3 stands open but if we play like we did in the 4-2 league cup win in the 90's all us Saints fans will be happy. Were we not 2-0 down that night?

Found 50p on the terrace and thought to myself that was half a quid that the tight git Mercer wasn't getting. :laugh:

Great night for Saints. As Al C said, we lost to the Rovers in a match we failed to turn up for. A great disappointment following the high of the Hearts success.

Sums up following Saints. :laugh:

It was Steve Frail that was sent off for deliberate handball just before half time. O'Boyle missed the resultant penalty. Absolutely hammered them in second half with four goals. McLean was the manager and we were in the main stand right next to his dugout where he was given loads of abuse.

Sadly lost 3-1 at home to Raith in quarters in what was wide open competition. Raith went on to win it if course against Celtic after beating Airdrie at McDiarmid in the semi.

Sorry Mr Weir. I can remember it being the first time I'd seen him play and not being impressed despite all the hype that had surrounded his move to Hearts. That's probably why I thought it was him that was sent off. With hindsight, it was probably because he got torn to shreds as we ripped them apart down both wings in the second half.

Forgot about the pen miss but I remember being in the main stand. Think my knees have about recovered!

Sorry Mr Weir. I can remember it being the first time I'd seen him play and not being impressed despite all the hype that had surrounded his move to Hearts. That's probably why I thought it was him that was sent off. With hindsight, it was probably because he got torn to shreds as we ripped them apart down both wings in the second half.

Forgot about the pen miss but I remember being in the main stand. Think my knees have about recovered!

We signed him a couple of months later as part of a swap for Colin Miller who scored one of the goals that night!!