#28 - 05/02/11 - Saints 2-0 Partick Thistle - Scottish Cup

Hopefully Del will field the same front line for this one. Grainger will be back so will Liam drop down to the bench? Great chance to progress to the quarters but I hope we don't just turn up expecting to roll Thistle over . I am sure they will give us a good game and will knock us out if our attitude is in anyway wrong.

Jags, what sort of crowd are your mob likely to bring and will you be sitting with us again?

COYS.:D

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go with the team and formation that started the second half tonight with the exception of Grainger back in for Maybury. Keep the new guy on the bench and use him as an impact sub while he gets used to his new team mates

Cup tied. played against us.

Same team with Grainger back at LB & Liam moving forward.

I would rest May on to the bench for this, let's not over expose him straight away. Start with Sammy and MacDonald up front.

While I agree we should not start May every game I do think he should start against Plastic.

He will still be hot after last night and I presume the Plastic defenders will be slower, more slugish, than most SPL teams.

With Muzz and Jody bossing midfield I suspect May will get plenty chances.

Please don't play Peaso:cry:

I would rest May on to the bench for this, let's not over expose him straight away. Start with Sammy and MacDonald up front.

A young player full of confidence bursts into the team and looks to be forming a great partnership with Samuel and has a chance to continue his great form and development of himself and his understanding with Sammy against a lower league team and you think we should drop him? :shock:

The guys only started two games, he will hardly have burned himself out.

I would say let him start.. see how he gets on and if it's not working del can pull him at half time. the confidence he will have gotten from last night will be doing him the world of good.

A young player full of confidence bursts into the team and looks to be forming a great partnership with Samuel and has a chance to continue his great form and development of himself and his understanding with Sammy against a lower league team and you think we should drop him? :shock:

The guys only started two games, he will hardly have burned himself out.

Agree, it's not as if he'll be featuring in the U19s at the moment as well.

After my outstanding prediction of the Saints line up and subs before the Hamilton game, I reckon we should line up as follows on Saturday:

Enckelman.

Mackay, Duberry, Anderson, Grainger.

Millar, Morris, Davidson, Craig.

Samuel, May.

Subs: Smith, Macdonald, Adams, Maybury, Caddis.

Assume it is five subs and two under-21 outfield players in the squad?

Think May has to keep his place - he will be full of confidence and looked quality against Accies. We've got Peaso on the bench there who loves a goal against Thistle as well, with Maybury and Adams providing cover in plenty of positions across the midfield and defence.

From what I've heard of May I'd say he's exactly the kind of player that would profit from playing against our defence. I reckon Archibald and Kinniburgh would relish a physical battle against the likes of Parkin, but they're not too hot when faced with a nippy, direct opponent.

You playing with much width? In Paton and Boyle we arguably have the two best fullbacks in the First, looking at it from this season alone. Both did a great spoiling job against Dunfermline's vaunted wingers on Saturday.

I'd expect us to start with Doolan and Erskine upfront. Both are in good form, but neither have been tested by SPL-quality defences. The midfield battle should be interesting. Rowson's hitting peak form and could see a tussle developing between him and Morris. We've never looked particularly clever against Davison, though, and Craig has often excelled against us, barring the pumping we handed to you at Firhill a few season back where he looked a forlorn figure.

We dont use the width as much as wee should, very rarely play with wingers.

I wouldnt imagin we will be playing it on the floor again and I thikn Davidson is picking p form, plus the defence is solid agaiin.

I would expect a tough game mind, but with us proving just too strong.