#45 - 10/05/11 - Saints 1-0 Hamilton Accies - SPL

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Pars and Midden slogging it out to avoid relegation next season

Going by Dunfermlines signing targets, the yes they will be down there, it will be a 5 way battle with us, st mirren, ICT, dunfermline and Killie, IMHO

But by the end of it, I reckon it will be Mirren and Dunfie and the bottom, with 7 or 8 clubs, within about 10 points of each other, it will be really close.

Good solid performance - Accies never threatened.

Mensing is a thug, and Imrie is a petulant wee c*nt. Wouldn't want either of them at McD next year.

Sad to see Peaso effectively waving goodbye to us tonight. Also looked like Doobs confirming he is leaving tonight. Will miss that man.

Comfortable in the end but it could have been 3 all before we got the opener. Was quite open up until that point. Accies should have taken the lead after a disastrous corner from Liam and then Alan Maybury done his best just to ignore the boy on his left. Fortunately for us the boy in possession dithered Chris Millar style and got us out of jail.

Too many times we had a runner through the middle and the pass either never came or we dithered in possession and our striker strayed off side because of that.

After the sending off it was a bit of a non event with the penalty miss being about the only thing that happened. We stepped off the pedal a bit while Accies just huffed and puffed away and got no where.

Delighted that we are the team that relegated these ****ers, nice bit of revenge.

Let's not get smug we have a rotten goals for tally which was typified by tonight's display more than half the game against the worst team in the league who with ten men go three at the back and we still can't score a second

no wonder people don't turn up.Our manager is happy to have his name linked with other teams our executive manager has been sacked we are about to spend huge amounts of money that we don't have on our pitch and our chairman says we face huge losses

Reasons to be cheerful?

Let's not get smug we have a rotten goals for tally which was typified by tonight's display more than half the game against the worst team in the league who with ten men go three at the back and we still can't score a second

no wonder people don't turn up.Our manager is happy to have his name linked with other teams our executive manager has been sacked we are about to spend huge amounts of money that we don't have on our pitch and our chairman says we face huge losses

Reasons to be cheerful?

funnily enough i agree with the above.

Having seen Liams misses before the penalty I was far from confident that he was going to score, but glad that he did. Especially when I had him at 14/1 for first and last goal.

Conditions were poor and the surface was murder I noticed the equipment in the corners for souters I can only assume that they are starting work on the pitch as soon as the last game is played.

3 in a row for the first time in a wee while and over 200 minutes since we conceeded a goal :)

Pretty poor game but conditions didn't help. Thought we looked a little vulnerable at the back when Hamilton broke at pace. Duberry wasn't on top form (though some of his passes were superb). Still enough to keep a clean sheet though so can't complain.

Would love to see a Midfield of Adams and Davidson next season - now that's what you call a couple of hard bast*rds. Won everything in the air and never shirked a challenge all night. I though craig pushed forward with the strikers well but missed a host of chances. Also, he's not that good a penalty taker but hey he has the balls to keep stepping up so fair play to him.

Millar had an off (and very frustrating night). He seems to need 10 seconds extra to make that killer pass - I wish someone would tell him just to use his instinct and send it. Its so frustrating watching promising moves break down because a player is scared to attempt the killer pass. It just takes a bit of belief.

Thought Peaso was also pretty poor but Jacko had good game. Each time I watch him I curse Del for not playing him when we were absolutely crying out for a striker. His movement is brilliant and there is not a player in the team with a better first touch. We just need a player willing to pass the ball through for him. If he doesn't get a new contract then I'd be pretty gutted - especially after watching some of the crap we've had mascarading as strikers all season.

Pretty poor game but conditions didn't help. Thought we looked a little vulnerable at the back when Hamilton broke at pace. Duberry wasn't on top form (though some of his passes were superb). Still enough to keep a clean sheet though so can't complain.

Would love to see a Midfield of Adams and Davidson next season - now that's what you call a couple of hard bast*rds. Won everything in the air and never shirked a challenge all night. I though craig pushed forward with the strikers well but missed a host of chances. Also, he's not that good a penalty taker but hey he has the balls to keep stepping up so fair play to him.

Millar had an off (and very frustrating night). He seems to need 10 seconds extra to make that killer pass - I wish someone would tell him just to use his instinct and send it. Its so frustrating watching promising moves break down because a player is scared to attempt the killer pass. It just takes a bit of belief.

Thus the poll Millar or Imrie. Combine the two and what a player that'd be.

Thought Peaso was also pretty poor but Jacko had good game. Each time I watch him I curse Del for not playing him when we were absolutely crying out for a striker. His movement is brilliant and there is not a player in the team with a better first touch. We just need a player willing to pass the ball through for him. If he doesn't get a new contract then I'd be pretty gutted - especially after watching some of the crap we've had mascarading as strikers all season.

Jacko spent all night pointing to where he wanted the ball played for him. Never happened much. If it did, we'd see a goal return that would put Parkin, etc in the shade.

Our manager is happy to have his name linked with other teams our executive manager has been sacked we are about to spend huge amounts of money that we don't have on our pitch and our chairman says we face huge losses

Reasons to be cheerful?

Did I miss something?

He means General Manager.

Shhhhh!!!!!:shock: It's a secret...

The Jeanfield 208 Ladies are taking a seat (or 3) on the B.O.D and will be covering Grant's remit when he vacates his office.:laugh:

I look forward to a Sarah Burton creation for next seasons strip then!

Seriously, has Mr Cullen er, em, not been offered a new contract for next season and left the club by mutual consent?

I look forward to a Sarah Burton creation for next seasons strip then!

I would be in my element choosing/designing next seasons kit if the club wants a female perspective...I won't charge as much as Sarah Burton would though :wink:

Overall it's not been a great seasons but feel Pringles post is a bit doom + gloom - poor season on and off the pitch (financially) but one season with an anticipated loss is not too bad. The club have taken actions to counteract this and as long as these loses do not continue, we do alright and we will definately not suffer too much as a result. In my humble opinion of course.

Looking forward to next season already.