Underrated versus Overrated

soulfulsaint

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u/r Stephen Dobbie

Wondered when this might pop up. The fact is though, he wasn't underrated, he was shite when he was here. I can't remember hearing any complaints when he was released. It's since then he has slowly built up to becoming a very good player now.

Wondered when this might pop up. The fact is though, he wasn't underrated, he was shite when he was here. I can't remember hearing any complaints when he was released. It's since then he has slowly built up to becoming a very good player now.

Depends how you define underrated :laugh:

Potential must have been there.

under

Derek Robertson

Over

Donaldson

Strange one this

I agree with Derek Robertson, I thought he was a braw keeper. But I thought Jimmy Donaldson was also an excellent keeper and, in fact, would have had him in the under rated column too.

But, to my own choice

Over - John Davies

Under - John Hotson

Strange one this

I agree with Derek Robertson, I thought he was a braw keeper. But I thought Jimmy Donaldson was also an excellent keeper and, in fact, would have had him in the under rated column too.

But, to my own choice

Over - John Davies

Under - John Hotson

Not Jimmy Donaldson who I agree was underrated but Euan Donaldson the diddy left back from Stenhousemuir!

He wasn't at all shite when he was here. Of course, he wasn't the player he is now, but it was always obvious he had great ability for such a big guy. His scoring record may not look the best, but that was because most of his appearances ended up being as a substitute. I think not making him a regular in the first XI was one of Coyle's biggest mistakes. I was gutted when he left, and I remember a few others being disappointed also.