#04 - 21/08/11 - Celtic 0-1 Saints - SPL

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest after last weeks showing I have all but written off any slim chance we had of getting anything from this game. I expect Del to pack the defence, isolate a lone striker and get beat by two or three goals.

I'd persoanlly go 5-3-2, simply because I don't think any player in our side is strong on the wings in Del's 4-3-3 formation and I think two in the middle at Parkhead would get walked over at the moment.

Enkelman

Anderson-McCracken-Wright

MacKay and Davidson WB's

Adams, Morris and Davidson in the middle

Haber and Sandaza upfront.

Poofs injury, just like broken bones in feet.

Psycho Stu Pearce played with a broken leg in one half for West Ham, he is tough!

On topic. A defeat any less than 3 is a bonus. They humped an ok United team and we are dreadful.

Paul Cherry played for Saints with a broken leg in the game after he broke it if I remember correctly. Pearce?

Be tempted to go:

Encks

Maybury Wright Ando Davidson

MacKay Davidson Morris Craig

Sandazza

Haber

With no Millar or Moon I dread to see us stick a random midfielder or striker on the right so I'd prefer we move MacKay up there and leave Maybury in at right back. That way we can double up on their wingers on both sides with two utility full-backs/midfielders out wide. I'd have Sandazza sitting behind Haber to give us the option of playing through Sandazza or going long to Haber.

I know we very nearly got a point there last season and it was enjoyable in the sense we were always in the game, so you are always interested and on the edge of your seat but being honest, we're gonna get a mullering on Sunday so, especially with the absence of a few players, I think it's an opportunity for the manager to blood some younger players, as Billy Reid has done a few times with Accies in Glasgow.

We don't have an option on the right of midfield so Liam Caddis seems the obvious choice to play there for me and the manager has also said previously he thinks Stevie May's best position will end up as behind a main striker, so again, that would probably suit the system he'll use. I actually think Sheridan, like Collin Samuel, will suit the lone role too. Could be an opportunity to give Mannus a run but Enckelman has done nothing wrong, so maybe unfair to even contemplate changing them round.

Enckelman

Mackay - McCracken - Wright - C Davidson

Caddis - M Davidson - Morris - Craig

May

Sheridan

Subbies: Mannus, Anderson, Robertson, Haber, Maybury/Adams, Sandaza, McIntosh.

I see in his pre-match quotes, McInnes pretty much concedes it's going to be a parking the bus job, using words like discipline and organisation.

I think ..

-----------------...------ Enks -------------------

Mackay ........ McCracken ---- Wright --- Calum D

-------------...---------- Jody ..........................

............ Murray D .................. Craig ...............

............................ Robertson ..........................

................ Sandaza ............ Sheridan ...............

... and Sheridan should prove to Celtic they were wrong not to keep him.

Anyone have any ideas on how to pick up live streaming of the game? I now have a UK IP address so that should make it a tad easier. I know there is the paid one through the Celtic site but I'm hoping for a free feed. Thanks in advance..

Hoping to pick one up from Krakow, so if you find one please share the link in a PM.