#06 - 27/08/11 - Saints 3-3 Dundee Utd - SPL

Can`t believe we lost 2 points today. Team played really well with only Robertson falling below required standard,.

Thought we were lucky with the pen & the foul on Morris but it was the only thing Richmond gave us all day. He has to be the worst ref in SPL. Booked 3 Saints for first foul & never booked an Arab for worse fouls or simulation.

If Adams header just after half time had gone in we would have walked it plus Sheridan & Robertson missing easy chanses.

Never mind we got entertainment & goals.

Oh & Sandaza was brill .If he had the same energy in the second half it would have been an easy win.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you for real???

Cracking game today. Well done to both squads.

Wish DOC had gone and decked that Clown Houston with his antics at the last goal. A proper clown of a man.

yeah i think he waited to long to make the subs we needed something different because the players through all there hard work were tired and we needed fresh legs and he left it to late till we were three all

sandaza = quality

Great game despite a pysh ref! why did he feel the need to award a free kick with every 50/50? A testement to both sets of players and both managers that they could rise above the ineptitude of the officials (the linesman in front of the saints fans did not give a single decision without a nod from the ref!).

Sandaza was outstanding and drew our defence over and over, Saints could have been 5-1 up after an hour had they taken their chances. They did not then, Swanadlanhio changed the game and we could have won 5-3, Enks earning his money towards the end. All told a draw was a fair result, although I'm sure my beer tasted better than yours.:wink:

As for the pen, never in a million years! If anything an indirect free kick for an unintentional clash, but absolutely no intent on the part of Russell, and he let his best mate, know all about it!

thought your defence looked good for the first hour, but our wingers had them shyting it for the last 20 mins and you know who was happier to hear the final whistle!

Very enjoyable game.

Great to see some of the attacking play and our team looking genuinely threatening. Sandaza is a wonderful footballer who seems to have a little bt of everything. Very impressed so far.

Thought Liam had a brillaint game also.

Was a little concerned with the defending and thought we missed muzz in the middle, Utd seemed to be albe to just run right at us through the middle. I aslo thought McInnes should have brought maybury on with 20 minutes to go and sit him in front of the defence but im not going to be too critical as we've been crying out for an open game like that for ages.

Great game despite a pysh ref! why did he feel the need to award a free kick with every 50/50? A testement to both sets of players and both managers that they could rise above the ineptitude of the officials (the linesman in front of the saints fans did not give a single decision without a nod from the ref!).

Sandaza was outstanding and drew our defence over and over, Saints could have been 5-1 up after an hour had they taken their chances. They did not then, Swanadlanhio changed the game and we could have won 5-3, Enks earning his money towards the end. All told a draw was a fair result, although I'm sure my beer tasted better than yours.:wink:

As for the pen, never in a million years! If anything an indirect free kick for an unintentional clash, but absolutely no intent on the part of Russell, and he let his best mate, know all about it!

thought your defence looked good for the first hour, but our wingers had them shyting it for the last 20 mins and you know who was happier to hear the final whistle!

The ref did not too bad for you at the free kick, by firstly allowing the quick free kick and secondly standing at the position for the free kick and blocking the saints players.

high foot is a durect fee kick so has to be pen,. Dont think you can unintentially have your foot up high,

As you say good on the players for a good game despite the ref. And you had a good crowd down with you,

Agree with you about the East Stand linesman - utterly terrible. That one at the end where Gibson put in a great tackle and nicked the ball - the linesman was five yards away, must have seen that, but did nothing as the ref gave United a free kick! And on more than one occasion waited on the ref, on the blindside, to give throw ins and corners/goal kicks that he had a better view of! Clown.

Watched the penalty and free kick incidents back. Robertson gets to the ball before Russell tries to hook it back over his head, then gets a boot in the face. It is definitely a foul - and anywhere else on the park would be an indirect free kick for a high foot. Am I right in thinking though that there has perhaps been a rule change that means that any foul in the box is now a penalty? I may be entirely wrong about that, but its in the back of my mind somewhere. It was definitely a free kick having seen the replay though, Russell's foot is way up and he definitely catches Robertson before he gets near the ball.

As for the free kick for our second, Kenneth (bombscare) completely misjudges the flight of the ball and jumps randomly, getting nowhere near it. Not convinced Morris would have got close to the ball, but felt he was blocked off a little. Pretty soft free kick though.

Well they all moaned they wanted excitement, goals.

That's what they got.

Bang on Joe. Short n sweet tonight.

Entertaining game , Sandaza outstanding, never a pen ( but happy to accept it) Lost our shape towards the end and paid the price. Happy enough with the point and I thought a draw was a fair result.

Last thing.. Charlie Richmond is a fooking awful referee and his performance today was very poor for both sides.

Agree with you about the East Stand linesman - utterly terrible. That one at the end where Gibson put in a great tackle and nicked the ball - the linesman was five yards away, must have seen that, but did nothing as the ref gave United a free kick! And on more than one occasion waited on the ref, on the blindside, to give throw ins and corners/goal kicks that he had a better view of! Clown.

Watched the penalty and free kick incidents back. Robertson gets to the ball before Russell tries to hook it back over his head, then gets a boot in the face. It is definitely a foul - and anywhere else on the park would be an indirect free kick for a high foot. Am I right in thinking though that there has perhaps been a rule change that means that any foul in the box is now a penalty? I may be entirely wrong about that, but its in the back of my mind somewhere. It was definitely a free kick having seen the replay though, Russell's foot is way up and he definitely catches Robertson before he gets near the ball.

As for the free kick for our second, Kenneth (bombscare) completely misjudges the flight of the ball and jumps randomly, getting nowhere near it. Not convinced Morris would have got close to the ball, but felt he was blocked off a little. Pretty soft free kick though.

It was a penalty but Robertson was not kicked in the face. The contact was not severe and was on the side of the head. Whilst it was a penalty it would not have been given had Robertson not gone down holding his face and rolling round. Freekick was a joke. Morris on several occassions just ran and jumped into a player. Only got a freekick because Kenneth is a foot taller. If the same incident happened with Dixon a ref would never have given him a freekick. Cracking game all in with plenty of entertainment and highlights.

However I'm sure there will be many on here who are so glad United came back. Gaining a victory by ewith theymbelshing a challenge and two goals from a player (who is the best striker outwith the Old Firm, enjoy him while he's here) who threw himself to the ground on 4 occasions when he wasn't touched, just wouldn't be right. Of course unless they're just hypocrites for their constant pi$h about Goodwillie and Swanson.

(the linesman in front of the saints fans did not give a single decision without a nod from the ref!).

Totally agree. Phucker stole a wage today and didn't have the balls to make a single call without his hand being held. Quick way to improve Scottish football #1: Get rid of wastes of space like this.

Bang on Joe. Short n sweet tonight.

Entertaining game , Sandaza outstanding, never a pen ( but happy to accept it) Lost our shape towards the end and paid the price. Happy enough with the point and I thought a draw was a fair result.

Last thing.. Charlie Richmond is a fooking awful referee and his performance today was very poor for both sides.

Spot on with regard Richmond and the game. It is a pen though it is exceptional harsh. Sandaza is quality, as I said when he signed. If he stays fit he will hit 15 to 20 golas if given opportunities. Unfortunately staying fit has always been his issue. If he could he would never have graced the SPL.

Roller coaster of emotions but you cant fault the entertainment value. They were so lucky with their second goal( especially since I watched the replay ) and our marking was shocking for the third.

Really! You're going to talk about being lucky with the second goal you scored! Really! Must be dissapointed that a "struggling" side like United could get anywhere near the mighty Saints.

This wasn't the first guy like this this season, is it the refs telling them to wait for their decision? The guy on the line against Dunfermline was the same.

I had a friend a few years back who was rising up the refs scale and was running the line at SPL matches and jacked it in and went back to junior/amateur games because he was fed up of being told to just put his flag up for offsides & throws ins (straight up until the ref gave him directions).

It was a penalty but Robertson was not kicked in the face. The contact was not severe and was on the side of the head. Whilst it was a penalty it would not have been given had Robertson not gone down holding his face and rolling round. Freekick was a joke. Morris on several occassions just ran and jumped into a player. Only got a freekick because Kenneth is a foot taller. If the same incident happened with Dixon a ref would never have given him a freekick. Cracking game all in with plenty of entertainment and highlights.

However I'm sure there will be many on here who are so glad United came back. Gaining a victory by ewith theymbelshing a challenge and two goals from a player (who is the best striker outwith the Old Firm, enjoy him while he's here) who threw himself to the ground on 4 occasions when he wasn't touched, just wouldn't be right. Of course unless they're just hypocrites for their constant pi$h about Goodwillie and Swanson.

Learned this pish at your training school a few years back

Learned this pish at your training school a few years back

Nothing to do with his 4 years in the Spanish leagues then? But surely the fake moral outrage brigade on here were up booing him! This is CHEATING! FACT! Will somebody please think of the children!

saints best players today..

1 "feed sandaza he will score"

2. kenneth (may be a shed boy but his head is up his erse... wont be at united next season one way or another)

3. charlie richmond ....

good exiting gemme at times.... united paid the price for not getting the crucial 2nd goal... and our usual mental 15 minute spell when the players looked like rabbits caught in the headlights... draw a fair result .... davie robertson is in for a rough time when you play at tannadice .... lucky when he kicked dixon off the ball (allthough i think it was partly in jest) and when he poked him in the face at the touchline.. as for the non penalty !!! total t***... as you are finding out he is a bit of a wage stealer at times .. although he does way in with a few goals... thats it ... Sandaza (if you can keep him fit) will make you a top six team in my opinion.. heres hoping we dont get you in the cup as that seems to be the only time you can beat us at mcdiarmid..

best wishes for the season (although i genuinly would pish myself if you were relegated) shed rule...

Nothing to do with his 4 years in the Spanish leagues then? But surely the fake moral outrage brigade on here were up booing him! This is CHEATING! FACT! Will somebody please think of the children!

I dont understand your type. All you do is come on here and try the old you are as bad as us pish all the time. Its the indication of a bit of a sad life.

Why not concentrate on your own team?

Whilst it was a penalty it would not have been given had Robertson not gone down holding his face and rolling round.

6 years of training at the Tannadice school of cheating can't be knocked out of the guy in 6 weeks.

Impressive stuff though, moaning about the ref giving a pen that was a pen. The b******.

I dont understand your type. All you do is come on here and try the old you are as bad as us pish all the time. Its the indication of a bit of a sad life.

He's a teacher John. He gets paid to speak down to everyone, ignore his own faults and try to be morally superior to everyone else.

Seen bits and pieces of the match on TV and disappointing defending for their second half goals unfortunately. It was a soft free kick for the second goal but Adams and Wright both go to the referee rather than back into position and they capitalise with the quick take. Very nearly a(nother) great save from Enckelman though. Really disappointing at the third too. McCracken and Wright go for the same ball initially, allowing them to put the cross in which Craig has to clear behind. Sad to say I think it's then Frazer Wright that doesn't get close to Gunning in the box.

On the positive, Sandaza has the whole team going forward. It's as if the midfielders know he'll get the ball, get turned and get us going in the right direction, so they can afford to move forward themselves. Touched on in another thread but Morris was vital today as well, often the furthest forward midfielder, rather than camped in front of the back four, where he does a fine job but it doesn't exactly pile the pressure on the opposition.

He's a teacher John. He gets paid to speak down to everyone, ignore his own faults and try to be morally superior to everyone else.

That would explain the behaviour. What I dont understand then is why he wasn't on holiday today? Or are the schools back for one of their two or three weeks of the year?

On the positive, Sandaza has the whole team going forward. It's as if the midfielders know he'll get the ball, get turned and get us going in the right direction, so they can afford to move forward themselves. Touched on in another thread but Morris was vital today as well, often the furthest forward midfielder, rather than camped in front of the back four, where he does a fine job but it doesn't exactly pile the pressure on the opposition.

This suggests to me then the big problem has been up front with a lock of movement and willingness to accept the ball rather than a negative midfield as has been suggested previously.

That would explain the behaviour. What I dont understand then is why he wasn't on holiday today? Or are the schools back for one of their two or three weeks of the year?

In fairness to him, it must be difficult to switch off when you're trained to do something for years. A bit like Robertson being trained to cheat at Tannadice all these years I suppose.

Would that be the same way in which so many on here concentrate on Saints by making comments about Goodwillie and Swanson? Why is it when somebody uses the same arguements or logic against posters, instead of trying to respond with any kind of arguement, you get the usual "saddo" nonsense?