#06 - 27/08/11 - Saints 3-3 Dundee Utd - SPL

Have to say thats 2 points lost.

Nobody had a bad game, however people trying to say that sandaza and silly sheridan had a partnership are on some kind of drugs. No movement together whatsoever.

Im excited by Sandaza because hes not even fit yet. Loads strength though, which stopped him giving the ball away when he was trying to dribble when there was no need, but everytime got the break of the ball.

Robertson looks like a shy injured female marathon runner and goes about the pitch like one.

Still think theres more to come from this Saints team, Sheriden ddint get warmed up till about 60-70 minutes. First half he gave the ball away everytime. We should expect more from a 10000 a week player with a Bulgarian club.

Frustrating to watch sometimes as theres a lot of talent in the team.

Also, interesting to see Calum with his 9 times out of 10 long ball which is complete championship style, but actually suits our strikers now. No point in ten yard passes when the rest of our defence have problems passing the ball.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up and down game for both sets of supporters and their team -several poor decisions from Referee and his assistants.......Loads of free kicks toone side for silly wee tackles -but not given to the other side for similar tackles.......The penalty -well can only suspect he gave it for a reckless challenge (high foot) -BUT i would have been peed off had it gone against us---But if it was deemed a reckless challenge Why was there no booking (OK he has discretion on that front but he booked some for less ).

That aside I would have settled for a point at the start.

enjoyable game. Deserved 3 points. I blame every player standing around the quick free kick for not standing in front of the ball! Waiting on highlights to name and shame! Bossed the game, 2 points lost, arabs were not a threat for best past of the game. If we continue this home form we are in a relegation dog fight. Is that 5 points dropped at home? I would say so. Net 2points lost if you add the glasgow win. Makes a big difference. GUTTED AGAIN.!

Would that be the same way in which so many on here concentrate on Saints by making comments about Goodwillie and Swanson? Why is it when somebody uses the same arguements or logic against posters, instead of trying to respond with any kind of arguement, you get the usual "saddo" nonsense?

Oh work it out. This is a Saints fan's website of course we will have a go at players from other teams. We aren't invading any United website to do it.

Try growing up and living in the real world.

Relegation dogfight, your having a laugh, onwards & upwards!

next 4 games are very tough, and we are one point of bottom. Missed opportunities may come back to haunt us. Certainly top 6 is beyond us. Too many faults to be finishing top half.. Cup romance!

enjoyable game. Deserved 3 points. I blame every player standing around the quick free kick for not standing in front of the ball! Waiting on highlights to name and shame! Bossed the game, 2 points lost, arabs were not a threat for best past of the game. If we continue this home form we are in a relegation dog fight. Is that 5 points dropped at home? I would say so. Net 2points lost if you add the glasgow win. Makes a big difference. GUTTED AGAIN.!

Have to agree that it is dissapointing that we have thrown away 5 points against 2 teams that will be in the bottom half of the table at the end of the season. I think we should be good enough for it not to effect us.

We are 2 players away from being a good team. Robertson is not up to it & Millar should be a better option when fit.

Not convinced with Sheridan yet alough he is improving with Sandaza beside him. His ball control is nil with the ball landing about 5 yards from him when he tries to control it. He is also not brave enough as he was more worried about the post than the ball at Parkhead & Kenneths boot than then ball yesterday.

Great game and most I've enjoyed watching Saints for a long time. Sandaza is a joy to watch and we're lucky to have someone of that quality. Good point from Radford about how he is pushing the entire team forward by being an up field outlet. I think there's also a general confidence boost to the team of having someone in there who they know they can give the ball to and he'll make things happen.

Sheridan on the other hand should have been hooked far far earlier than he was. For all Del did well with the subbies last week he got that wrong, if we'd have had two players pressing them up the field then their comeback would have been less likely. He's been totally shown up by Sandaza, who I hope McInnes has the sense to give a real strike partner to. You can only get away with having that sort of awful attitude if you are chipping in regularly with goals, which he's not doing.

Think the criticism of Robertson is a bit harsh, he is playing out of position and looks pretty low on confidence, I think people are being quick to jump on his back.

Edited by monkfish

Seen bits and pieces of the match on TV and disappointing defending for their second half goals unfortunately. It was a soft free kick for the second goal but Adams and Wright both go to the referee rather than back into position and they capitalise with the quick take. Very nearly a(nother) great save from Enckelman though. Really disappointing at the third too. McCracken and Wright go for the same ball initially, allowing them to put the cross in which Craig has to clear behind. Sad to say I think it's then Frazer Wright that doesn't get close to Gunning in the box.

On the positive, Sandaza has the whole team going forward. It's as if the midfielders know he'll get the ball, get turned and get us going in the right direction, so they can afford to move forward themselves. Touched on in another thread but Morris was vital today as well, often the furthest forward midfielder, rather than camped in front of the back four, where he does a fine job but it doesn't exactly pile the pressure on the opposition.

A lack of concentration at both goals Radford, although i think it was McCracken that lost Gunning

Sheridan on the other hand should have been hooked far far earlier than he was. For all Del did well with the subbies last week he got that wrong, if we'd have had two players pressing them up the field then their comeback would have been less likely. He's been totally shown up by Sandaza, who I hope McInnes has the sense to give a real strike partner to. You can only get away with having that sort of awful attitude if you are chipping in regularly with goals, which he's not doing.

Think the criticism of Robertson is a bit harsh, he is playing out of position and looks pretty low on confidence, I think people are being quick to jump on his back.

I always give players a chance.This post is so hypocritical.

I always give players a chance.This post is so hypocritical.

Why's that? I've seen Sheridan play plenty of times now for Saints in his natural position, enough to make a decision on him which you may not agree with. Unless for some reason he has a sudden change of heart that won't change.

Robertson has hardly played, and is being played out of his natural position.

Why's that? I've seen Sheridan play plenty of times now for Saints in his natural position, enough to make a decision on him which you may not agree with. Unless for some reason he has a sudden change of heart that won't change.

Robertson has hardly played, and is being played out of his natural position.

We re only 5 games into the season and you want this guy out the team.What role would you have him playing then,because I dont see anything wrong with the way Del is using him so far.You will see the best out of guys like Robertson with Chillean in the team doing all the hard work.If you cant see the chemistry between Fran and him you must be barking mad, woof woof.

Up and down game for both sets of supporters and their team -several poor decisions from Referee and his assistants.......Loads of free kicks toone side for silly wee tackles -but not given to the other side for similar tackles.......The penalty -well can only suspect he gave it for a reckless challenge (high foot) -BUT i would have been peed off had it gone against us---But if it was deemed a reckless challenge Why was there no booking (OK he has discretion on that front but he booked some for less ).

That aside I would have settled for a point at the start.

Very good summary for both sets of fans (except those United fans still living in the 80's) Saints are a team that are improving and are one or two players from being a truely great Saints side. Problem, as with all SPL sides outside the Old Firm, is they will probably lose one or two of the better players by the time the next couple come along. Saint, with luck regarding injuries, should be aiming for top 6 and could easily get 4th as out with Hearts (purely based on the size of their squad) are as good as any in the SPL. Still feel they need a bit more creativity from midfield or wide to flly reach their potential. United are unfortunately going the other way, having lost so many players in the last season or two. Luckily they have a lot good youngsters. But both produced a cracking, entertaining game.

As for the nonsense about me not being able to post my opinion on here, well that's laughable and again comes down to the fact these people can't come up with any valid counter arguement to what I'm saying. To accuse United of being a team of cheats is just ridiculous as they're no different to any other team, including Saints. Whilst United are my team, I've followed St. Johnstone, through friends and family, for over 20 years, been to the best part of 100 Saints games in the home end supporting them. That'll be more than a few of the posters on here who want to make comment. Even if I hadn't, to not expect any supporters of other teams to come on and make comment is infantile. It's my ball and I'll decide who gets to play!

I think if you check the Beeb highlights, you will clearly see Kenneth pulling McCracken back from the challenge:evil:

Just seen that in the highlights, clear free kick. Can't understand how they got away with the quick free kick the ref is standing at the point speaking to players when he let it go.

Well I am glad that the majority of posters on here enjoyed the game yesterday - that was the first time in ages that I felt I got value for the entry money. However, cant believe some of the negative comments on here and by some of the fans at the game yesterday. What do these guys want from Saints? I was disappointed we did not hold on but we are a team thats improving really quickly and could and should develop into the best Saints team since the late 90's. Given all the negative posts about Saints for the past 12 months or so surely people can see that the positives in yesterdays game far outweighed the negatives. I thought Jody had one of his best games ever in a Saints shirt and our defence looked really solid for the bulk of the game. We also have at last a strike force that can score - Sandazas performance proved he is one of the best strikers at the club in years and Del deserves heaps of praise for bringing him here, even if its only for one season. I was earywigging into a conversation between two Arabs walking out of the game yesterday who could not get their heads around that "a team like St.Johnstone can attract a player like Sandaza and they cannot!"

I am looking forward to Millar returning - he would have had a field day yesterday running on to some of Sandazas lay offs. I agree that Roberston looked our weakest link but surely he cannot be as bad as he looked yesterday or Del would not have signed him. He deserves a second chance IMO. In fact the whole team deserve a second chance from the Perth public - the fans that were there yesterday generally got behind the team. However, if Geoff Brown and Del have the abilty to attract the kind of player we are now seeing at the club then they in turn deserve greater backing from our fans in terms of numbers. Spread the word guys and get our missing fans back!

Well I am glad that the majority of posters on here enjoyed the game yesterday - that was the first time in ages that I felt I got value for the entry money. However, cant believe some of the negative comments on here and by some of the fans at the game yesterday. What do these guys want from Saints? I was disappointed we did not hold on but we are a team thats improving really quickly and could and should develop into the best Saints team since the late 90's. Given all the negative posts about Saints for the past 12 months or so surely people can see that the positives in yesterdays game far outweighed the negatives. I thought Jody had one of his best games ever in a Saints shirt and our defence looked really solid for the bulk of the game. We also have at last a strike force that can score - Sandazas performance proved he is one of the best strikers at the club in years and Del deserves heaps of praise for bringing him here, even if its only for one season. I was earywigging into a conversation between two Arabs walking out of the game yesterday who could not get their heads around that "a team like St.Johnstone can attract a player like Sandaza and they cannot!"

I am looking forward to Millar returning - he would have had a field day yesterday running on to some of Sandazas lay offs. I agree that Roberston looked our weakest link but surely he cannot be as bad as he looked yesterday or Del would not have signed him. He deserves a second chance IMO. In fact the whole team deserve a second chance from the Perth public - the fans that were there yesterday generally got behind the team. However, if Geoff Brown and Del have the abilty to attract the kind of player we are now seeing at the club then they in turn deserve greater backing from our fans in terms of numbers. Spread the word guys and get our missing fans back!

Post of the Month... :D

I thoroughly agree except the wee bit about Robertson. That was ten times better than against Livi but still pretty average.Apart from gaining us a penalty his best contribution was winding up the Arabs.

Sense from the Highlands. Well said Sir.