What was your favourite pub in Perth that is no longer with us ?

SingaporeSaint

Late drinkin at the Ewe and Lamb across fae the Sally (might have been called something else then?).
Remember being in the Ewe and Lamb they used to have a few bottles of stout sitting in front of the fire one of the regulars must have liked a warm one

I had a soft spot for The Clachan.......pretty mixed crowd and a good pulling place in the afternoons.

jocko its gotta be the clachan as you say and paskies as well.had some braw times in they extinct boozers.riverside including eddies wig does come a bridgend rumba close.

Starlitz

les murison top saints fan ran that pub for a wee while.

it was also called the star bar before that complete with a live minah bird.we called the place rab rats.and it was also the meeting and drinking place for the perth scooter crowd in the mid 1980's.

The Volunteer Arms on Methven Street, drank there in the 1970s when working across the road and the Club Bar down the side street from it. Think the Club Bar is more of a restuarant now and the Blue Moon might be the old Volunteer, not quite sure.

The Volunteer Arms on Methven Street, drank there in the 1970s when working across the road and the Club Bar down the side street from it. Think the Club Bar is more of a restuarant now and the Blue Moon might be the old Volunteer, not quite sure.

Volunteer became the High Level? Now the Half Moon. Surprised no one has mentioned The Gowrie. I've got a hundred year old street plan of Perth somewhere that has boozers named on it, must try to find it.

Seem to remember a short lived folk club set up stairs at the Hal o the Wynd which was an ok pub till they mucked about with it, turning into the KIng's Head.....long gone now. On another tack was it the Gowrie or the Ewe and Lamb that became Greyfriars?

Well remembered, Greyfriars aye that wis whit the Ewe and Lamb became (or wis).

Was it Charlie Gray the Builders you worked with if so our paths have crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):)

Was it Charlie Gray the Builders you worked with if so our paths have crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):)

was about to say the same Rebel i served my time with Lowdens and the sites Gort has mentioned were Grays sites and the pubs were frequented by my Journeymen all the time:) Any pub near the sites were full of Grays/Lowdens/Mitchells the pumbers no wonder they went Bust:eek: