Geoff Brown steps down

ex-montrosesaintee

No doubt that in both the 20th and 21st century Geoff has been by far and way the most important person involved with St Johnstone FC. I wholeheaterdly agree with all the tributes on here

As is well documented, he saved the Club from ruin and has presented a model under which all football clubs should operate unlike the cheats from Dundee, Motherwell,Livi, Gretna, Rangers etc.

What's more a genuine fan who was as passionate about the team as anybody. One thing Geoff has always wanted was national silverware. Wouldn't it be great if Mr Lomas could lead the team to Scottish Cup glory next May as a fitting end to Geoff's final season as Chairman.

In summary thanks for everything Geoff. Definitely Mr St Johnstone

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a strange day, I came on here to read about the new manager and find out its one in and one out!

Without Geoff we could have been another Dundee, but without the fan base to save the club.

Without Geoff we could have been another Ayr United and still been playing at Muirton park with no hope of SPL football.

Without Geoff we could have been a Clydebank and been playing in the juniors.

Today makes last seasons Scottish cup semi final loss worse as we know that the only thing he had not seen Saints do during his period in charge was play in the Scottish cup final.

I know its been done at another club but would it be appropriate for all the Saints fans at the game on Monday to it the 25th minute stand up and give Geoff a round of applause to mark his 25 years in charge. With Sky at the game it would certainly be picked up but to be effective everyone would have to be in on it.

I know its been done at another club but would it be appropriate for all the Saints fans at the game on Monday to it the 25th minute stand up and give Geoff a round of applause to mark his 25 years in charge. With Sky at the game it would certainly be picked up but to be effective everyone would have to be in on it.

Totally agree. Can Big Stu not get flyers printed off that are handed out to fans arriving at the game and Kev the tannoy man not give some kind of signal for the applause to start and finish

Totally agree. Can Big Stu not get flyers printed off that are handed out to fans arriving at the game and Kev the tannoy man not give some kind of signal for the applause to start and finish

Yea, sure I can do that... If someone can sort a design, I will get some flyers made up, will of course take people to hand them out. Also may be worth checking with the club if they are ok with us handing out loads of flyers that they will have to clean up at the end?

Yea, sure I can do that... If someone can sort a design, I will get some flyers made up, will of course take people to hand them out. Also may be worth checking with the club if they are ok with us handing out loads of flyers that they will have to clean up at the end?

I dont suppose they have to be anything complicated. Can just be simple text making people aware that at the 25minute mark the tannoy will beep twice or something and that everbody should stand and applaude for one minute, the end of which will be signified by a further two beeps, as a mark of respect for all GB has done at the club

Well done, Sir. I have not experienced the Saints in your tenure but it is obvious, even from thousands of miles away, that the club has grown in stature, resources and respect.

Good luck in your "retirement". The inverted commas signify Once A Saint, Always A Saint.

Best wishes

Smudge

Very, very sorry to see him go. With Geoff at the helm I've always felt totally confident about Saints, knowing we wouldn't fall into the trap of Dundee, Livi, Gretna et al. I'm sure Brown Mark Two will be just as prudent, but it's still a wrench.

I'm sure there aren't too many chairmen up and down the country who could resign and see a thread like this on the supporters' forum. He is a giant in our club's history.

As I predicted a couple of days ago :)

What can you say...GB saved Saints many years ago and has left us as one of the most financially secure clubs in the country with many happy memories in his years at the helm.

I hope the club (and we as supporters can get involved) organise a suitably fitting and lasting tribute. A massive statue of him reclining where the north stand used to be perhaps :)

You truly are a visionary Edstar - albeit a massive cock