#36 - 28/03/12 - Inverness CT 0-1 Saints - SPL

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got back to Dumfries at 5PM, left this morning at 7;15AM. Stopped at Perth for breakfast left at 9;15AM, the roads were horendous at points and then heard at 11;30AM game OFF, just 30 miles from Inverness. Eventually got turned and headed back to Perth for something to eat at about the same time as team bus. The team went out to train I grabbed a bite in Tesco.

Good points, good chinwag with my Daughter and Son-in-law,

Bad points, 365 miles for feck all, horrible driving conditions at times, No Game to make up for it, about £55 for fuel, I am sure there is more including 10 hours travelling for no game.

Is it really acceptable to give 2 hours notice in winter given by that time most fans will have already left and be more than halfway to the game, whether by car, train or bus ?

This is the tipping point for me with Scottish Football, SFA, SPL, SFL, Clubs, Police, Referees and whoever else just don't seem to give a stuff about the Fans and they wonder why supporters numbers through the gates are plummetting !!!!!

Guess I sound like a Grumpy Old Man, and I am, today was my 52nd birthday, one I will remember for all the wrong reasons. Now what else could I spend my time and money on in these times of finacial austerity ????????? Scottish Football certainly won't be giving a stuff about losing my revenue !!!

Came through Inverness about half 2 and at that time it was snowing pretty badly.

The A9 took over 4hrs down to Perth, when normally its about 2. Had the game gone ahead, I wouldn't have fancied the trip back down ...reckon the conditions would have only been worse two hrs later.

What time did the pitch deteriorate? I've not read through the thread but I'm assuming it was late on and not overnight as there would have been covers down surely

I have just seen it on SSN and it was certainly unplayable but looking at it it looked doubtful if it would have been playable two hours earlier unless there was a monsoon in Inverness. The gorund looked soaked and not just surface water.

Sounds like the inspections purely precautionary and more because of the heavy sleet which has left the pitch a bit heavy. Hope it isn't cancelled as an 11.15 inspections not much notice for A 2pm kick-off

Thats what happens when its a "local derby" newyear fixture:shock: we should be at tannadice and aberdeen at inverness:rolleyes:

Thats what happens when its a "local derby" newyear fixture:shock: we should be at tannadice and aberdeen at inverness:rolleyes:

Exactly.Aberdeen v Caley is the obvious new year fixture. There is more history between Saints & the Arabs than there is between them & Aberdeen but SPL just take the last 10years into account.

Probably bigger crowds at both games as well.

Exactly.Aberdeen v Caley is the obvious new year fixture. There is more history between Saints & the Arabs than there is between them & Aberdeen but SPL just take the last 10years into account.

Probably bigger crowds at both games as well.

11,000 at tannadice today. Bout 5000 at inverness v aberdeen last week.

What time did the pitch deteriorate? I've not read through the thread but I'm assuming it was late on and not overnight as there would have been covers down surely

the pitch did not deteriorate, ICT knew the game was in danger from the moment they seen the pitch. That was at least 9am.

they never told Saints till 10.30.

Says on twitter that ICT will be reducing the ticket price for the rearranged fixture, could not find this on their official site but came across this statement, which is clearly not what the various WAPers who phoned the club directly were told.

Feel really sorry for all those saints that travelled, seems to be becoming a more regular occurence and the term 'inclement weather' is ever more popular.

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/346-game-cancellation--statement

Says on twitter that ICT will be reducing the ticket price for the rearranged fixture, could not find this on their official site but came across this statement, which is clearly not what the various WAPers who phoned the club directly were told.

Feel really sorry for all those saints that travelled, seems to be becoming a more regular occurence and the term 'inclement weather' is ever more popular.

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/346-game-cancellation--statement

Note to self, read all of article before posting, Ticket prices will be halved for rearranged game. :laugh:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...