#28 - 05/02/12 - Hearts 1-1 Saints - Scottish Cup

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were up against it from the off today - lads did brilliantly though and the replay was the least we deserved. Lost a bad goal and 4-5-1 just doesn't work (especially with David "Mr Invisible" Robertson in the side). Totally differnet in the 2nd. Mackay was an idiot to get the first booking but 2nd wasn't a yellow. Neither was Croft (I actually though that the ref was giving us the foul for obstruction by that wee shite Black).

Anyway no doubt it'll be a nice loving friendly encounter on the 14th with no need to settle grudges or that :D

thought the first half we were slow sat back to much let hearts have to much possesion in there 18yard box while our midfield were all in our own half

2nd half brilliant 1st with lomas making the early and right changes credit were credits due he could have easily left it till it was to late. the way we dominated hearts possesion wise in the second half away from home even with 10 men was brilliant.

for me personally that was the worst ive seen sandaza in front of goal but it was one of the best displays from a striker outside the box holding the ball in making space for other players to get into and a sweet pass through to sheridan for the goal

as for thompson dont know how he is in the sfa`s eyes our best ref the guy is honking how black only got a booking in the 70min is beyond belief the way he was kicking out after his challenges were shocking and for players like that i couldnt care if he gets seriously injured because he seems like he`s wanting to do that every challenge

sending off was harsh but dave should have went with the head all day long he knew templeton was coming.

but another great team performance again by the yellow army

draw fair result

Edited by wee lee #1

Yes, great second half display after going 4-4-2. Pity Fran's finishing wasn't as good as his approach play or we would be through. Sheridan very impressive when he came on. Would back him above any other premier striker in a one on one with the keeper.

Thought that Mackay had a wee look before he used his foot at the sending off. Black should have been off for the stamp [x2] at Fran. All to play for on Valentine's day.

ps What an improved player Ando is!

Well done Saints, went mental when we scored , a 4 4 2 from kick off would have seen us through.

My thoughts exactly. I thought McInnes was back when I saw the starting line up, then realised he wasn't because Chris would've been on instead of Robertson. At least that might have worked. Our famous banned member told me last week that Lomas would favour Robbo over Millar and I thought he was havering :laugh:

Really, Mr Lomas. WTF were you thinking? Credit for the change, but half time might have been too late to do it though. Fortunately Hearts weren't at their cutting best going forward in the first half.

Second half it was evident from the start that we had it in us to win, never mind get even.

Walking up Gorgie Road against the tide of Hearts fans, there was some idiot shouting every fifty yards that we've only lost once to Hearts in our last six visits there. That's right, our last SIX visits - three wins and two draws! The idiot got some strange looks and told to shut it or to *&^% off by several Jambos. He had no fear and carried on regardless. Wonder who that idiot was? :oops:

I think Haber has deserved his place in the side recently but since he wasn't playing today its a bloody travesty that Sheridan started on the bench. We've been denied the SAS for too long and with Haber missing it should have been an easy decision for the line up. That aside, if your going to go 451 then Chris Millar should be picked every single time ahead of Robertson.

Huge mistake by Lomas but hey, we all knew we were getting an inexperienced manager who needs time to learn. Fact is he learned quickly and rectified it.

Thought despite some players having off games we did well, especially second half.

Edited by Broon

Walking up Gorgie Road against the tide of Hearts fans, there was some idiot shouting every fifty yards that we've only lost once to Hearts in our last six visits there. That's right, our last SIX visits - three wins and two draws! The idiot got some strange looks and told to shut it or to *&^% off by several Jambos. He had no fear and carried on regardless. Wonder who that idiot was? :oops:

Yip caught up with that guy and his side kick on the way back to the motor.He sure was getting steamed into the Jambo's about their pish record against us,hope he got back to where ever he was going to in one piece,game wee soul or no aw there couldn't make up my mind.

Lomas admitted he got it wrong but why didn`t he see it earlier. Don`t know anyone who didn`t see it wasn`t working.He played 4-5-1 against Rangers & said he gave them too much respect.Changed it to 4-5-1 agaist Well in second half & played better but still lost 2 goals to our 1.

Robertson should never have been on the field. What can Lomas possibly see in him.

Was Jody playing ?.

Thomson is the worst ref in Scotland. I have been saying that for a few years now.

Good result & we probably deserved to win although we will get a few more bob for a replay & if Sky show it ,another £80k.

When we went 4-4-2 in the 2nd half we totally dominated & Sherridan was brilliant. Surprised to see Robertson in the starting line up. Lomas described him as a 'fantastic player' after the game probably to give the guy a boost after hooking him at half-time. Where is Moon & was Haber injured? Saints deserved at least a replay if not more.

Under normal circumstances I would have been happy to have Hibs on the list of teams I would have liked the winner of our tie to get but a potential tie against them would lift the Hearts players too much for the reply.

Today was what the Scottish cup was all about and why I have not missed a tie in that competition since 1986.

Really encouraging second half, after a a first half performance which was pretty disappointing.

We looked so much better with the 4-4-2 formation while the introduction of Sheridan at half-time gave us something we lacked - in terms of height, movement and support to Sandaza.

Croft and Craig worked the wings really well and were always available as an outlet. Ando was superb at the back, using the ball wisely.

Ironically, thought we played our best football when down to 10 men as we were forced to keep possession.

Thought we might sneak it in the end, but it wasn't to be.

Great travelling support from saints fans and a braw day out!