Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why is the following damning interview, not more widely circulated in the mainstream press? Nothing we did not know, but confirmation that Glasgow Rangers are total poison from top to bottom.

Marco Negri the interview the truth about glasgow rangers has anything changed?

An extract from an Italian Football magazine, with Marco Negri, about Rangers, and life with the Rangers

Marco Negri Interview

L.B. - Luigi Bruno (Interviewer)

M.N. - Marco Negri

L.B. - ' Marco, you left Rangers under very strange circumstances, why was that?'

M.N.-' Strange? There was nothing strange in anything that happened there, they simply did not want me there any longer'.

L.B.- 'Why was that?'

M.N.- ' The honest answer is that I didn't know then and I still don't know even today. Nobody ever explained why I had fallen out of favour.'

L.B.- ' Your goal record at Rangers was fantastic and when fit and available you were scoring for fun. I, and many others still do not understand why you left under a cloud'.

M.N.- 'Let's just say you are getting very close to why I think that I was frozen out. Scotland is a very claustrophobic place where everything is examined and analyzed endlessly. Scottish society is in many ways a backward place'.

L.B. - 'What do you mean by that?'

M.N. - ' The culture, the underlying culture of Rangers was not good. The first team players had a habit of drinking vast amounts of alcohol during the week. As you know here in Italy we have a different culture as professional footballers. We know that it is our duty to keep ourselves fit and healthy.

Some of the players there like Paul Gascoigne and Andy Goram would turn up smelling of drink BEFORE training!! I could not understand why such behaviour was tolerated by Walter Smith who was manager then'.

L.B.- ' Marco we are well aware of Paul Gascoigne's problems and it is sad to see his decline, we saw it earlier at Lazio. Are you saying that the players were out of control?'

M.N.- ' Absolutely, I tried to point this out to Walter Smith several times but he became very defensive and said that I needed to understand Scottish footballing culture. He would hear no criticism of Goram and especially Gascoigne who could literally do anything he wanted to and still get away with it! It wasn't just their drinking however, they had some really extreme political and religious views'.

L.B.- ' Could you elaborate on this please?'.

M.N. - ' Of course. They hated Catholics. All of them. I never understood why they were so filled with hatred. Several of us who were Catholic players and all foreigners were told upon arrival, never to bless ourselves at Ibrox as it could cause problems for us. I began to understand that Rangers was an extreme club very similar to Lazio here in Italy. You know, a right wing club with right wing supporters. I personally am not a practicing Catholic but my wife Anna Maria is, and it used to cause me pain when I heard what they said about my fellow Catholics. Lorenzo Amoruso and Jorg Albertz, just kept quiet and kept their heads down'

L.B.- ' What finally brought things to a head?'

M.N.- ' I was rapidly disillusioned by Rangers and especially their supporters. As part of my professional duties I was strongly encouraged to attend social functions which meant going to several Rangers supporters clubs. The last one I attended really brought home to me the fact that I had nothing in common with these people. The anti-Catholic feeling was venomous and the songs they sang that evening filled me with disgust. It was at that point I decided not to give my all for a club that condoned such behaviour. I went sick. Walter Smith knew the real reason for my 'illness' and he just ignored it. But I wasn't lying, I was sick, sick of Rangers and sick of what they stood for and that is the truth'

Good job it wasnt an iterview about the snarling one or else Eric would be on stating he didnt say this or that.

I would take issue with Albertz and Amoruso, 2 of the most popular rangers players ever, who still go to Ibrox at every opportunity and fundraise for various Rangers charities, hardly the behaviour of people who felt victimised.

Negri, it was widely rumoured was having an affair with another players wife, I think it was Porrini, so I think that this was one of the reasons he sulked away at the end

Negri, it was widely rumoured was having an affair with another players wife, I think it was Porrini, so I think that this was one of the reasons he sulked away at the end.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So the ultra right wing, anti catholic venom of the club was not a factor? He's just using that as an excuse cos he was nobbin Porrini's missus? Want to make up any more rumours or excuses for this 'great Scottish institution'?

I would take issue with Albertz and Amoruso, 2 of the most popular rangers players ever, who still go to Ibrox at every opportunity and fundraise for various Rangers charities, hardly the behaviour of people who felt victimised.

I think that slightly misinterprets what the guy says in the interview. He doesn't say Albertz and Amoruso "felt victimised": he only says that they "kept quiet and kept their heads down" - which, to me, is basically saying that when that stuff came up they kept out of the way and didn't involve themselves in it.

Incidentally, where is that interview actually from? I've read in a few places that it's a hoax, but when you're dealing with Old Firm nonsense it's often impossible to tell.

Edited by blueheaven

Good job it wasnt an iterview about the snarling one or else Eric would be on stating he didnt say this or that.

Negri, it was widely rumoured was having an affair with another players wife, I think it was Porrini, so I think that this was one of the reasons he sulked away at the end

Obssessed I still see, the **** hating catholics, you don't want to say anything against it, you only want to drag myself into this, only in this country eh?

in his country and yours as well as mines, the religeous tolerance is unacceptable for the likes of i

in our country, beer fuelled hatred and a over crowded city with empty chapels are a waste of space

been watching several very good documentries done by french TV on Scotland and it sadden my eyes

what a fuquing waste

many of yous are undeserving chunts

Scotland does not need the likes of those

before any one starts, my hatred for catholics is as strong as it is of any other religeon

I agree with you...I would never hate somebody purely due to their religion, but will hate them if they use or promote that religion against another person.

The need to believe is a weakness and using religion to hide behind when discriminating or carrying out atrocities is cowardness

most religeous people are harmless sheep herded by manipulating coniving thugs

Jehovahs and Jews are gods elite

is that not discrimanation?

sent to purgatory and burning in hell is a verbal assault

paradise is a bribe

confessional is an alibi to do what ever you want to do

Edited by ANDY5565

Obssessed I still see, the **** hating catholics, you don't want to say anything against it, you only want to drag myself into this, only in this country eh?

and *** hates ****

Jehovah loves Saints

brother Eric can i intrest you in buying a season ticket for Mcd for a reasonable fee...and feel free to come along to one of our annual assemblies,like it says on the tin, its free

with the season ticket fee,you will recieve a match day program avec Jehovahs magazines.." the Awake and Watchwhores "

post shitum

once accepted amongst us you must bequeath your last patromyne to the club and Jehove

Eric, I hope some of your alien friends take you away and do unspeakably bad things to you, and you come back sore!!!

BTW Still laughing at you:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Never mind getting rid of catholics or protestants, some forumers would be a good starting point.

ANy chance we can get this back on track and leave religion to chit chat not football chat.

likes of who? and how can religeous bigotry shoite we all and even you have talked about when talking about the auld infirm...or is it just for me?

I WILL LET YOU KNOW AND IT GOES FOR EVRY WAPPER ON THIS SITE AND MODS INCLU THAT I AM HERE TO STAY OK

this site getting ridiculous, just lately I've thought it'll actually be a relief when rangers newco gets voted in then I'll be exercising my protest by binning scottish football and unfortunately that will include WAP

Edited by Indicator

12 month ban on rangers signing players and a lifetime ban for Craig Whyte, both have the right to appeal. I would guess that Rangers will appeal & get it suspended or Newco will definitely happen now

Also fines for both.

Guess fines cannot be enforced on Rangers if they become Newco ?

Also fines for both.

Guess fines cannot be enforced on Rangers if they become Newco ?

don't see them getting their money from Whyte somehow... but if their SFA registration were to transfer then the fine could follow according to Grant Russell from STV

Edited by The Neutral
credit where due

don't see them getting their money from Whyte somehow... but if their SFA registration were to transfer then the fine could follow according to Grant Russell from STV

Yes, you can be certain Whyte won't stump up a penny.

Apart from One Pound, no one has seen the colour of his money.

Without having given it much thought, what is different about Rangers that they get such a punishment but Dundee, Livi, Motherwell (insert name of any other team that went into admin here) didn't? Have the Teddy Bears breached rules that the other teams didn't or is just a case of the SFA are finally trying to get their act together?