Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ibrox being largely a listed building severely resrticts its market value for any alternative use or redevelopment.

Tragic.

Buy it for a song, let it decay, then flog it for development when it's beyond repair.

By the way, is it really in the administrators interests to achieve a high valuation? It will push up the price for any would be buyers, and would increase any CVA, I would imagine.

I would imagine that the valuation for Ibrox would be quite difficult, given that part of it is protected. No doubt there could be a wide variation of valuations.

QUOTE]

In another respect having a B listed building increases value. The old BBC building in the West End of Glasgow had a 'B' listed centre-piece and which increased the status of the apartments built on the site.

Listing doesn't necessarily affect the use, just the physical building. It could be converted to hotel or residential use in theory, but that would be a pretty inefficient use of land.

You couldn't really let it fall into disrepair, because as the owner of a listed building you have a responsibility to look after it. The council can and do serve legal notices to maintain it.

Murray Park must be covered by a S75 agreement or conditions on the deeds restricting its use. These will undoubtedly be quite old, and therefore open to challenge or modification. It is unlikely that a developer would make anything other than a conditional offer depending on the discharge of such restrictions.

All in all, given the amount of greenfield land in Scotland with residential zoning, the market for unconstrained brownfield land is very low, let alone sites with this type of constraint.

A property expert on RTC reckons Ibrox would be valued at around 25 million, most likely for a retail park. Obviously, use as a football stadium is limited to Rangers.

Murray Park is the subject of restrictions, and my understanding of the administrators report last week was that if Rangers wanted to sell it, or went bankrupt ownership would revert to the land owners...

A building can be listed for all or part of it. If it is only category B it does does have so much protetcion so a synpathetic design which incorporated the listed element could be approved. Category C can get planning permission at Local Authority level. I think A and B require Scottish Government approval.

The only other thing that would be likely to prevent a change of use would be if it was not covered by the local plan.

A building can be listed for all or part of it. If it is only category B it does does have so much protetcion so a synpathetic design which incorporated the listed element could be approved. Category C can get planning permission at Local Authority level. I think A and B require Scottish Government approval.

The only other thing that would be likely to prevent a change of use would be if it was not covered by the local plan.

Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put the old firm on the top, put the dundee in the middle and we'll burn the bloody lot

I think Murray and co are just playing the publicity game. They are saying they are taking a step back but are happy to go ahead if they need them.

Were asked for a £500k non refundable deposit to be named as preferred bidders. Was that the administrators looking to cover their costs :)

Appears to be the Singapore consortium taht are in contention now.

i can not understand how the british crown haven't put a bid in.they feckers have had so much free publicity from the rangers fans over the years.

aye .maybe the rangers fans should ditch the crown as they are now seen to be no loyal to you.fkb