Lee Croft

Super Saint

Would love to see him signed up, don't see us being able to afford his wages though. Out of reach I suspect.

Thing is, he has been quoted as saying that European football would be a temptation for him, and he must have been aware of the wage structure we are able to offer when making that statement

This is not meant to be disrespectful to Lee who I think brings a lot to the team. But its a world of very fine lines now. Althouth he is on huge money is he a player who would be guaranteed to start every game? Maybe. But maybe not. So for me it would be great to get him but he would not be first on the team sheet - Sandaza, Murray Davidson, Jody and Callum Davidson (and Mannus) and Sheerin :) are all ahead of him in their preferred roles.

This is not intended to be disrespectful just an observation. If we spend big. For me it has to be someone who will always play, bring results and make a measurable difference.

This is not meant to be disrespectful to Lee who I think brings a lot to the team. But its a world of very fine lines now. Althouth he is on huge money is he a player who would be guaranteed to start every game? Maybe. But maybe not. So for me it would be great to get him but he would not be first on the team sheet - Sandaza, Murray Davidson, Jody and Callum Davidson (and Mannus) and Sheerin :) are all ahead of him in their preferred roles.

This is not intended to be disrespectful just an observation. If we spend big. For me it has to be someone who will always play, bring results and make a measurable difference.

Ah, see, I think, if fit, he would be a nail on starter every game. He has made a measurable difference IMO. His 'football brain' is incredible and he sees passes that Millar could only read about in a book...plus, he can score goals. As his fitness improved, you could see that he had a defensive side to his game as well.

But, against that would be the amount of money we are talking. Worthy of a decent wad but not breaking the bank for

Ah, see, I think, if fit, he would be a nail on starter every game. He has made a measurable difference IMO. His 'football brain' is incredible and he sees passes that Millar could only read about in a book...plus, he can score goals. As his fitness improved, you could see that he had a defensive side to his game as well.

But, against that would be the amount of money we are talking. Worthy of a decent wad but not breaking the bank for

I'm with you on this Eddie. I think Sandaza and Croft are probably our two "matchwinners", who can score or create a goal out of nothing with a bit of individual skill. Croft has added a new dimension to our play since he came in. Definitely one of the first names on the team sheet if fit.

Although, unlike you, I'm a huge Chris Millar fan! Totally different type of players though.

If you had a chance of a job in Scotland for say 30k p.a. or Qatar for 200k p.a., you would think about it I presume ???????

I'm with you on this Eddie. I think Sandaza and Croft are probably our two "matchwinners", who can score or create a goal out of nothing with a bit of individual skill. Croft has added a new dimension to our play since he came in. Definitely one of the first names on the team sheet if fit.

Although, unlike you, I'm a huge Chris Millar fan! Totally different type of players though.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Millar. Totally happy when he is on the teamsheet. It's just that Croft is undoubtedly a couple of classes above him in the right midfield position. Millar is more adaptable and a great player to have in our squad and one we will rely on in the future I am sure

"Both players are currently on season long loans at the moment, Croft having to sit out the remaining games for St Johnstone after picking up a hamstring injury. Addison meanwhile is enjoying life with Bournemouth, both players are expected to hammer out permanent deals with the respective new clubs before the end of May..."

depends on your view of the wording but this suggests he may sign with us but obviously no one knows.

http://www.football.co.uk/derby_county/derby_release_croft_and_addison_rss2193168.shtml