An open letter to St Johnstone Chairman Steve Brown

Calypso Kid

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
What a day this is turning into.. It just cannae get better...

Or can it???????:D:D:D:D

David Robertson seals £1m move to Bristol City.

The correct decision by saints. Well done to them.

I may be in the minority but i have no problem with Newco applying to the SFL for Division 3 and being considered along with Spartans et al. Saying that I expect that they will be accepted into SFL3 as the money they bring into the more democratic set up that they enjoy will stablise and benefit so many clubs.

One other point. Someone on here mentioned that Newco should not be allowed into any until everything comes to light. First this will take years. Secondly we have waxed lyrical on here that this is a new club & does not have the history of the old club. In that case no punishment can be applied. If Newco have to be punished for Oldco then surely they get to keep their history as well..

The problem with your logic is that (according to the SFL rules) any club applying for SFL membership must be able to show 3 years' audited accounts. By definition, NewCo cannot do this. It is possible for the rules to be waived, but given all the uncertainty about tax to be paid, who will be the owner of NewCo, will they have any registered players, etc etc AND that it is only four weeks to the start of the new season, my argument is that it is far too late in the day. with too many unknowns, to start waiving long-established rules.

I have no objection to Newco entering the 3rd division as that is what sdhould have happened the minute they were liquidation.

Our fight is now won.

It is now up to the SFL clubs to object to their entry back into the Scottish leagues.

The problem with your logic is that (according to the SFL rules) any club applying for SFL membership must be able to show 3 years' audited accounts. By definition, NewCo cannot do this. It is possible for the rules to be waived, but given all the uncertainty about tax to be paid, who will be the owner of NewCo, will they have any registered players, etc etc AND that it is only four weeks to the start of the new season, my argument is that it is far too late in the day. with too many unknowns, to start waiving long-established rules.

What did Airdroneans/Airdrie Utd do with regard to the audited accoutns thing? Did Airdrie Utd already exist?

A very heartfelt thanks to Saints and the Board for having done the right thing, both by the club, and by Scottish football.

Neutral will not have to wait for too long before everything comes to light. Mark Daly only hinted at the exent of the abuse, and while the broad outline presented on he programme set the scene, the detail, which was skillfuly withheld in the production, will stun.

And when it does, everyone will wonder how they could have decided otherwise.

A good day.

Edited by Remberbuck

What did Airdroneans/Airdrie Utd do with regard to the audited accoutns thing? Did Airdrie Utd already exist?

they stole clydebank.changed the name and hey presto newco section b.clydebank now play in the junior leagues best place for sevco.

Sent to PA and hopefully in Friday-

Dear Sir,

I was delighted to see the Chairman and Board of my Club St.Johnstone back their supporters in deciding to vote against the Newco Rangers being allowed entry in the SPL

And i would like to thank them for that.

The Punishment the Newco Rangers are to receive is very much merited.

They have shown no morals or scruples in their quest to win titles and cups

They also brought players in that they could not afford to sign

HMRC are right to go after the people who instigated these deals

Furthermore the job is only half done by supporters of Scottish Football

If a vacancy in the lower Leagues, far less the first division does occur why would the SFL members, especially Division One vote the Ibrox Club in?

Surely Huntly ,Spartans or indeed Edinburgh City , or any other non-League Club should have preference

The SPL has failed True Scottish Football fans with the breakaway and delusions of grandeur

The time is right for a well though out and complete rethink of our League system all under the SFL banner, with a pyramid system and play off's from top to bottom

But not a quick rehash with Rangers relegated to Division One as is being suggested in some areas and a soft option in my opinion

If Their has to be an opening it should be at the very bottom, Division 3 at best

Say no to Newco in Division One

Gavin Stewart

by email

Dear Sir,

I was delighted to see the Chairman and Board of my Club St.Johnstone back their supporters in deciding to vote against the Newco Rangers being allowed entry in the SPL

If a vacancy in the lower Leagues, far less the first division does occur why would the SFL members, especially Division One vote the Ibrox Club in?

Surely Huntly ,Spartans or indeed Edinburgh City , or any other non-League Club should have preference

The SPL has failed True Scottish Football fans with the breakaway and delusions of grandeur

The time is right for a well though out and complete rethink of our League system all under the SFL banner, with a pyramid system and play off's from top to bottom

But not a quick rehash with Rangers relegated to Division One as is being suggested in some areas and a soft option in my opinion

If Their has to be an opening it should be at the very bottom, Division 3 at best

Gavin Stewart

by email

I'd get that green door painted PDQ Larky boy as the local Sevco 666 boys aint gonna like the tone of yer latter and given that there seem plenty of em living doon your way it could be getting kicked in on Friday night:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Spoke to an Aberdeen fan at work, who told me that season ticket sales are going fantastic as of this week. Looks like the general good feeling is around all of the non OF clubs in Scotland.

There's great feeling around Celtic fans as well, Dodo Fc are dead and yet you still refer to this OF pish, it didn't exist before and it certainly doesn't now

Dear Sir,

Gavin Stewart

by email

I thought you drank with fans of Dodo FC in the Saints Club?