Massive Blue and White Home Day 18/08/12

themole

I'm feeling rough as feck today, so I don't want anyone near me shouting and singing to loud.

that must mean ye had a braw time.get some more doon yer neck ,its a massive blue and white hangover day.by the way where are ye sitting as i have some new songs tae try out in yer lughole :laugh:

Well here we are ..All the promoting and talking has been done. . Match day, the first home game of season 2012-2013 is finally upon us. Whether this initiative has actually worked or not will soon be known.. The only thing left to do is turn up, get behind the team and make as much noise as we possibly can. I hope we have done enough to capture the Eskisehirspor atmosphere and take it forward into this game and beyond.

A few people have said that we should not really need to " create an artificial atmosphere" and actually I agree but even a stick of dynamite needs a spark to get the fuse going. Once that has happened, the fuse takes care of things. That's what I hope this will be, a spark that starts the proccess and leads to an explosion.

This is not my initiative, it's everyones ( unless it goes tits up and and falls flat on it's face, then it is most definitely mine :wink: ) We are all involved, and we have all had a part to play. And whatever happens today, I want to thank each and every one of you for your support and enthusiasm. We don't have a huge fan base, we all know that, but what we do have is passion. Lets show that passion today and lets have a great day.

The only other thing we need is for the players to turn up today. I am sure they will and I am sure they will do us proud on the pitch. 3 points and off and running on a season that promises so much.

So remember, "We're blue, we're white, lets light that dynamite, SUPER SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!

FLAGS ON STICKS.....After contacting the club I can confirm that sticks will not be allowed into the stadium this afternoon. If you have a flag on a stick, still bring the flag but remove the stick folks. Not 100% sure who's decision this is but would hope that it was Taysides finest and not Saints. Whatever though, thats the policy so lets not let it bother us too much..

Firstly, thanks for everyone who made an effort today. Your support was deeply appreciated. Sadly I think this campaign will go down as a massive fail though with just over 3000 home fans in attendance. I can confirm I won't be attempting anymore of these days, as plainly it seems that the wider Perth public have no appetite for following their local side. At least we tried..To those who attended today for the first time I apologise for urging you to come to see the Saints. What was on show today was disgraceful and embarrassing. Well done to the Dons for bringing 1700 odd .. That's about it.

Cheers.

Ghostie.

Could a mod unpin this thread now ...

If anyone is looking for Balloons, Paperchase, in the High Street, near Costa, sells packets of high quality Blue and white Balloons for £2 a dozen... Just bought 48 ourselves..

These balloons were absolutely shite and if anyone bought them on my reccomendation I can only apologise. :oops:

Balloons being the operative word by the looks of it. A valiant effort on your part mate but, you'll probably recall this has happened many times before. It seems to be a St Johnstone thing that every time there is an initiative to try and improve attendances they are never backed up by the performances on the park. As to whose fault this time... can't comment, as I couldn't attend.

Balloons were a nightmare, tackled Craig and in doing so proved to make more of a contribution to the match than some Saints players, such as Scobbie.

The Saints fans who turned up in decent number should be applauded, but the atmosphere was shite, even before we started playing horrendously. My family paid about £100 today, just to be treated to that pish.

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty

Keep your head up Ghostie,

From what i could make out of the days attendance is this,

Many season ticket holders not there( scone races again i believe was the excuse) a good few in the main stand looking for unreserved seats. so i always belive that is a sign of non regulars to the stand. the Ormond stand looked a dissapointment but a lot of kids in the main stand .

The balloons ( the ones you blow up ) caused the ones on the park (The players some problems, Liam Craig seemed to get confused with a football and two blue and white balloons )

PS, I overhead a coversation that a prominant St Johnstone board member was only at the game as there was nothing that took his fancy at Scone.

Numbers in Ormond Stand have been disappointing for both EsEs game and today but it could be a slow burner and maybe just need to stick with it. Worked really well last season, so could handing out the tickets (£15 entry for adult, plus two free kids) in schools be an option?

For whatever reason, our support has dwindled over recent years and in truth, 3,000 home fans isn't end of world. A good season would probably be keeping it at that level.

Don't forget it was a sunny day and th races were on too, friend of mine went and said it was mobbed so probably lost a few there!

Racing dates are out a year in advance, if Saints are home same day then the club should either ask for the game to be switched to Sunday or be an evening KO.

Having bookies stalls in all the stands (and this well advertised) MIGHT have persuaded a good few to come to the game in the knowledge they could still have a bet.

There is still a lot that the club can do to try and attract fans back.

Hopefully not many of those who paid at the gate will have been put off by the performance on the park.

Racing dates are out a year in advance, if Saints are home same day then the club should either ask for the game to be switched to Sunday or be an evening KO.

Having bookies stalls in all the stands (and this well advertised) MIGHT have persuaded a good few to come to the game in the knowledge they could still have a bet.

There is still a lot that the club can do to try and attract fans back.

Hopefully not many of those who paid at the gate will have been put off by the performance on the park.

Thats some hope gs. Everytime saints have an initiative & get a few fans in the team let us down.