Lomas Tenure Up?

St Mikey

What a shambles! Maybe next month the chairman could try and organise a piss-up in a brewery.

Burying your head in the sand won't make the problem go away. Rumours are one thing but when stuff like this makes the papers I think the club would be better placed if they issued a statement to, firstly, acknowledge that allegations have been made and, secondly, confirm the available facts.

The longer this goes on, the more it is damaging the image of our "family club".

Sort it out!

And potentially that action was wrongful. Therefore a decision will be made by an independent tribunal. At which the club will have to defend itself against an allegation of sexual discrimination and constructive dismissal.

And I'm quite sure they would have recognised that was a possibility if they weren't certain the action they were taking, taking into account all the info, was the correct one.

What a shambles! Maybe next month the chairman could try and organise a piss-up in a brewery.

Burying your head in the sand won't make the problem go away. Rumours are one thing but when stuff like this makes the papers I think the club would be better placed if they issued a statement to, firstly, acknowledge that allegations have been made and, secondly, confirm the available facts.

The longer this goes on, the more it is damaging the image of our "family club".

Sort it out!

I think our chairman, Steve 'we knew that when we done the vote' Brown has shown he is out of his depth going by the deafening silcence coming from McDiarmid Park.

Also noted was the fact that "ongoing legal consultations are preventing St Johnstone and manager Steve Lomas commenting on a potential employment tribunal case........ as the process is ongoing neither St Johnstone or their manager is free to comment, for fear of prejudicing the outcome"

In short, the club CAN'T comment and have acted as they are required to by law. How proffesional can you get? Wild accusations of this perceived " deafening wall of silence" due to the inability of the chairman/board or the nasty cold shoulder they have given to fans demanding answers can now be put to bed. Some might say that those levelling such accusations at the club might be due to give a wee apology? Just sayin' is all.

The club, once in a position to do so, will almost certainly make a statement of sorts but for now we all focus on the footballing matters (which are rather shite just now).

Also noted was the fact that "ongoing legal consultations are preventing St Johnstone and manager Steve Lomas commenting on a potential employment tribunal case........ as the process is ongoing neither St Johnstone or their manager is free to comment, for fear of prejudicing the outcome"

In short, the club CAN'T comment and have acted as they are required to by law. How proffesional can you get? Wild accusations of this perceived " deafening wall of silence" due to the inability of the chairman/board or the nasty cold shoulder they have given to fans demanding answers can now be put to bed. Some might say that those levelling such accusations at the club might be due to give a wee apology? Just sayin' is all.

The club, once in a position to do so, will almost certainly make a statement of sorts but for now we all focus on the footballing matters (which are rather shite just now).

Yes, but the club could have made a statement to that effect earlier this week when the Retard printed the story. I think if you look back the thread, that is all we have been asking for. It's the impression that the club are ignoring things that have got to us. Of course due legal process has to be observed but a simple "we acknowledge reports in the press but are unable to make any comment" was all that was necessary. Surely not too ****ing difficult!

Yes, but the club could have made a statement to that effect earlier this week when the Retard printed the story. I think if you look back the thread, that is all we have been asking for. It's the impression that the club are ignoring things that have got to us. Of course due legal process has to be observed but a simple "we acknowledge reports in the press but are unable to make any comment" was all that was necessary. Surely not too ****ing difficult!

Exactly!

An impression you formed yourself and ran with it. Perhaps the club/Lomas can't comment on the Record story due to legal action taken against them for publishing the sensationalised story? Who knows! Oh, I'll tell you who, the club, let's leave it to them to deal with.

So would it have been unreasonable for the club to say something like................." Whilst the club are fully aware that an internal matter has been reported in the national media at this point we can make no comment for legal reasons".

Just do fans the courtesy of some acknowledgement. And obviously the Chairman isnt too annoyed with the Daily Ranger as hes in it today.

Edited by rik2304

Sort it out!

I think our chairman, Steve 'we knew that when we done the vote' Brown has shown he is out of his depth going by the deafening silcence coming from McDiarmid Park.

I take it you will be amending your posts when you have read the Perthshire and understand what legal restrictions the Club have in place preventing any statements. So rather than being out of his depths he is managing a difficult situation

• If there is a problem over the complainant and alleged harasser continuing to work together you may have to suspend both on full pay for the duration of the investigation. You should never move the person complaining, or pressure them to move, unless they have specifically asked for this.

Equal Opportunites Commission.

• If there is a problem over the complainant and alleged harasser continuing to work together you may have to suspend both on full pay for the duration of the investigation. You should never move the person complaining, or pressure them to move, unless they have specifically asked for this.

Case closed your honour. Sigh.

How many barrick room lawyers are there on one site.

Any chance we can all just accept that:

1) There has been a complaint

2) There has been an investigation

3) A descision has been taken based on that decision

4) A member of staff is off sick

5) Legal proceeding are in progress which prevent the CLub or those in question commenting

So rather than speculate we should just leave it and let legal proceeding take their course.

Edited by mainstand

An employer must be VERY careful when managing a complaint such as harassment/discrimination. Its most likely going to tribunal as the complainant was unhappy with the outcome of an internal investigation. If its rubbish then thats what the tribunal will find and the club will have been found to have robust procedures and have managed it adequately and within the law.

Difficult for everyone involved but again it shows how football is a completely different business / employer to the rest of society. If the alleged incident were to happen in any other business, then both parties would more than likely be suspended.

I think a lot of what is being said on here, in the stands and pubs is influenced by some fans disappointment in the manager and disappointment / dislike for the chairman.

this topic should have only been about sl tenure as a manager results or performance on the pitch or lack of

the rest (rumours should have been on the rumours section)

as to the in crowd who claimed that every pub could tell you the rumour or rumours is not the case as i have been asked if i knew which i did not

i even asked the staff of the foundry if they knew

The performance of the players and primarily the results they achieve will be the deciding factor whether Lomas's tenure is up or not.

It would be unfair to make any judgement on the results so far ( unhappy as I am ) until the new signings are bedded in.

If there has been no progress made after the first round of fixtures, then I fear the worst.

Don't forget Beattie has not kicked a ball for us yet and I'm banking on him to be a big player for us.

Keep the faith, don't panic.

C.O.Y.S.

as to the in crowd who claimed that every pub could tell you the rumour or rumours is not the case as i have been asked if i knew which i did not

Foundry staff WERE Brainwashed by the ladies of the "Former 208" -now known as the "Lomas Babes crew" -so they couldnt have telt you anyway !!

this topic should have only been about sl tenure as a manager results or performance on the pitch or lack of

the rest (rumours should have been on the rumours section)

foundry staff have problems gettingyour order right so using them as an example is not a good idea :-D