Scotland V Serbia 8/9/12 Brazil 2014 Qualifier

541ntees

a really tough opener and i'd take a point right away. with players such as vidic ivanovic kolarov and man citys new signing then we know we are playing a real good side. Mihajlovic was a cracking player but hasnt had a great start to his managerial career. lost 3 drawn 1 so i guess with us being at home and a magnificent performance against Oz then we have a real chance.

Team wise we are going to go the tried and tested 451

id go

Shagger

Hutton Berra Mulgrew Fox

Caldwell

Snodgrass Morrison Adam Naisith

Miller

Rhodes to get a run out at some point, surprised bannan isnt in the squad he has the bit of creativity that we need to unlock defenses

MacGregor

Hutton-Webster-Berra-Dixon

Caldwell-Adam

Maloney-Morrison-Naismith

Rhodes

Nah - he'll go with Miller up front to start, despite the Scotsman describing him as a poor player playing for a poor team in a poor league (Vancouver something or others). Rhodes on if we need a goal or 3 - 0 up. Not necessarily a bad thing - Miller has bust a lung for Scotland,unlike many bigger names in the past.

I predict 4 points from first two games; keeps us in the hunt.

Isn't Berra very doubtful cos the Mrs is about to pup?

Nah - he'll go with Miller up front to start, despite the Scotsman describing him as a poor player playing for a poor team in a poor league (Vancouver something or others). Rhodes on if we need a goal or 3 - 0 up. Not necessarily a bad thing - Miller has bust a lung for Scotland,unlike many bigger names in the past.

I predict 4 points from first two games; keeps us in the hunt.

Isn't Berra very doubtful cos the Mrs is about to pup?

He` just had the baby & is rejoining the squad.

Nah - he'll go with Miller up front to start, despite the Scotsman describing him as a poor player playing for a poor team in a poor league (Vancouver something or others).

I've seen a few MLS games including VC Whitecaps since I've been over here and the standard is nowhere near as bad as I expected.

Given some of the players who have been considered for international recognition in recent times, I don't feel picking players playing in the MLS is a bad thing (something I wouldn't of said a couple of months ago), with the exception of the travelling time for the players.

Loads of apathy round this game. Nobody seems up for it all the usual pre match banter and excitement is just not happening?

I have been trying to give away a main stand ticket for free all day and nobody wants it, very unusual!

It's the start of a world cup campaign and nobody seems up for it !

Loads of apathy round this game. Nobody seems up for it all the usual pre match banter and excitement is just not happening?

I have been trying to give away a main stand ticket for free all day and nobody wants it, very unusual!

It's the start of a world cup campaign and nobody seems up for it !

Totally agree Tarzan,this will be the first game i've missed for nearly 20 years,can't get into it at all.Levein takes some of the blame for THAT formation when in Prague and the fact Black gets capped when at Sevco,but not last season when he was one of the best at what he does in the spl,hope we win,and hopefully i will regain my committment to Scotland!

Edited by dave mc

I've seen a few MLS games including VC Whitecaps since I've been over here and the standard is nowhere near as bad as I expected.

Given some of the players who have been considered for international recognition in recent times, I don't feel picking players playing in the MLS is a bad thing (something I wouldn't of said a couple of months ago), with the exception of the travelling time for the players.

We had your Mum and Dad round for dinner last night. Man, yer dad can drink cider for Scotland!! Hope it's all going well out there. Liz says hi.