Levein Tenure Up?

Pop

What will his argument be? I was shite and they moved me? And what does he hope to gain? Compensation? Well he is still getting paid. His job back? Surey even he isnt that thick skinned.

He will be looking at the fact that if they had sacked him he would be free to get a new job and have a handsome lump sum in his pocket. Now if he wants a job he has to resign and stops getting his wage.

He will be looking at the fact that if they had sacked him he would be free to get a new job and have a handsome lump sum in his pocket. Now if he wants a job he has to resign and stops getting his wage.

Be an interesting one. The only thing I can think is he goes for constructive dismissal. In public it will play out as "I am raging they didnt sack me"

What a f#cking knob he is. How can any Scotland Fan ever utter his name again. Greedy, robbing useless git.

If he had any class he would have quietly just earned his 35k a month doing f#ck all instead of trying to screw our Football Assocciation for more.

In fact cant they get him sweeping the Hampden terraces and cleaning out the bogs instead of putting him on gardening leave.

I'm no fan of Levein, but it feels like he hasn't been treated particularly well by the SFA. If they no longer want him to do the job that they stupidly handed him a lucrative contract to do, then they should man up and sack him properly so he can get on with his career. Then again, nothing about the SFA's brazen lack of ethics surprises me these days. The person who should really be out of a job is the guy at the very top of all this, who has had an absolute nightmare year.

It sounds very like gardening leave does it not. Keep out of our site, we'll pay you, get another job and resign. Nowt wrong with that.

Constructive dismissal is making his life a misery so he quits is it not?

It is but he can say that they made my life a misery by not letting me do the job I was employed for. I am stressed etc etc so I had to quit.

It is but he can say that they made my life a misery by not letting me do the job I was employed for. I am stressed etc etc so I had to quit.

Well he could claim that he's had to operate in a very confused and messy environment over the last year and that that has made it very difficult to do his job properly. And because of that it's unfair dismissal. And I suppose he could have a point.

Well he could claim that he's had to operate in a very confused and messy environment over the last year and that that has made it very difficult to do his job properly. And because of that it's unfair dismissal. And I suppose he could have a point.

Absolutely, not sure how the whole things sits with employment law though. Just because it looks to us he has been badly treated it doesnt mean that it's unfair in the eyes of the law.

Edited by john1962

What a f#cking knob he is. How can any Scotland Fan ever utter his name again. Greedy, robbing useless git.

If he had any class he would have quietly just earned his 35k a month doing f#ck all instead of trying to screw our Football Assocciation for more.

In fact cant they get him sweeping the Hampden terraces and cleaning out the bogs instead of putting him on gardening leave.

Levein was offered the job, he left secure employment to go to the job, if the SFA have not honoured their contractual requirements, CL has as much right as anyone else to get what he's due. Another cluster**** by the SFA, if they don't honour the contract who else will take the job?

Levein was offered the job, he left secure employment to go to the job, if the SFA have not honoured their contractual requirements, CL has as much right as anyone else to get what he's due. Another cluster**** by the SFA, if they don't honour the contract who else will take the job?

I think you would get an argument classing football management as !!secure employment!! a few bad results and yir teas oot and yir pies in the oven

As regards Levein's sacking is it not just that he is a scapegoat for the fact that this generation of Scots just cannae play football?

Spot on, although we could of done better results wise we have to accept that we have too many weaker positions. Central defence and midfield in particular.

Spot on, although we could of done better results wise we have to accept that we have too many weaker positions. Central defence and midfield in particular.

Yeah SlickDT the central defence is bad and that's highlighted by the fact that McGregor has to make more saves than the average international keeper, far too many. He's saved us a few tomes from a big defeat. I wish we had a midfield who could hold the ball until they see the pass but in most competitive games they're harrassed off the ball

The defence is awful, but midfield is surely our strongest area? We've a fair number of options in there playing at a high level - okay their performances could have been better in the last couple of games but it's still not a bad midfield we have at our disposal.

The defence is awful, but midfield is surely our strongest area? We've a fair number of options in there playing at a high level - okay their performances could have been better in the last couple of games but it's still not a bad midfield we have at our disposal.

Name one player who is technically gifted in the middle of the pitch. Fletcher and Brown are the best that we have, but there talents are better off the ball. Even the likes of Wales have Allen and Ramsay who can keep hold of the ball. Any team with a decent central midfield will dictate the game against us at the moment.

Name one player who is technically gifted in the middle of the pitch. Fletcher and Brown are the best that we have, but there talents are better off the ball. Even the likes of Wales have Allen and Ramsay who can keep hold of the ball. Any team with a decent central midfield will dictate the game against us at the moment.

Name a player outwith the midfield that is "technically gifted". As well as Fletcher and sometimes Adam (if only he could spot a 10 yard pass instead of a 40 yard pass) I would argue James Morrison is pretty good at keeping the ball if that's how you define technically gifted (although Morrison was poor in the 2 recent home qualifiers). In the little I've seen of Bannan he looks like he would fit that category.

I'm too young to remember the glory days of the 70s and 80s - were we technically gifted then? It just doesn't strike me as something that Scotland has ever been known for.

i think your doing Fletcher n Broon a massive disservice by saying they are not technically gifted, even tho they have been poor in this campaign. Morrison,Adam,Commons and Bannan are all technically gifted

541intees if that is the case why have we been unable to control a game for years against a team of similair standing?

I think Fletcher, Brown and Morrison are good players, Morrison is in fine form, but put them together for Scotland against the likes of say Serbia or Belguim and how long can we keep the ball? How many passes can we string together before losing the ball? How often can we keep the ball when being tightly marked and pressed?.

I think Bannan could well be the closest thing we have to the modern style a lot of the best international teams are playing. Don't get me wrong we have a few good players with individual qualities, but unfortunately I firmly believe the only way we are going to get good results in the short term is becoming more compact, working hard off the ball and playing on the break. We will not be able to outplay any team with a half decent level of technique.

Celtic played to their strengths against Barca and managed the unthinkable. Sure, they were lucky at points, but it was a performance based on hard work and determination.

To raise our game and be able to play a possesion game, we need to see an overhaul at the youth level. Lets see if Wotte gived us this!?