Peter Pawlett

David123

Fvck me, if Midge was scoring, and doing what he does best for the team do you think he would still be with us.

He runs his heart out,breaking up play and always available for a pass.If he was also scoring goals from midfield he would be playing Championship/Premiership football.

Some folk need to get a grip.

Fvck me, if Midge was scoring, and doing what he does best for the team do you think he would still be with us.

He runs his heart out,breaking up play and always available for a pass.If he was also scoring goals from midfield he would be playing Championship/Premiership football.

Some folk need to get a grip.

Pish....I agree he has his attributes (as I said previously)....but 3, yes 3 assists is woeful.....no matter what position you play. There are probably goalies out there with more.

Pish....I agree he has his attributes (as I said previously)....but 3, yes 3 assists is woeful.....no matter what position you play. There are probably goalies out there with more.

Robbo has scored more , probably has more assists , but i know which midfielder i would rather have in my team .

Robbo has scored more , probably has more assists , but i know which midfielder i would rather have in my team .

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that Midge doesn't do a job or that I think he is a total waste of space. He is a great wee player for us, but for somebody of his ability, those stats are poor. It's not even that he is a sitting midfielder, it's just he seems to get a nosebleed when he reaches about 20yards from the opposition goal.

As long as the forwards and other midfielders are scoring, having a player like him is okay. When your team needs goals or the forwards are getting little service, then it is a concern

In total he's scored six goals in about 130 appearances for Saints. Three in the cups (2 against lower league teams) and three in the league, and none in 85 games.

Is that just SPL games? He scored a couple in the first division from memory, definitely one against QOTS away anyway in 3-3 draw towards end of our massive unbeaten run.

According to Soccernet he's only provided three assists in the last three seasons as well.

I'm not going to pretend his stats will make fantastic reading but don't think Soccernet can be relied upon as gospel, certainly for assists. Assists are not generally recorded other than for Fantasy Football purposes.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that Midge doesn't do a job or that I think he is a total waste of space. He is a great wee player for us, but for somebody of his ability, those stats are poor. It's not even that he is a sitting midfielder, it's just he seems to get a nosebleed when he reaches about 20yards from the opposition goal.

As long as the forwards and other midfielders are scoring, having a player like him is okay. When your team needs goals or the forwards are getting little service, then it is a concern

This sums up Midge perfectly for me. Think he is a great player to have in your squad, but not starting every week. The lack of end product of any kind is so frustrating.

In Chris Millars time with us he's scored 7 goals in 170 appearances. In this time he's also contributed 14 assists.

In the SPL he's played 114 matches, scoring 3 times and contributing 8 assists

In 2011/2012 he scored 0 goals with 1 assist and 1 own goal

This season he's scored 0 goals and 0 assists