Fakes V Saintees Sat 2Nd Feb Scottish Cup And Celery

Dr Christmas Jones

Count yourself fortunate. I have supported Saints since I was 4 so thats 55 years with not much silverware! :laugh:

Much the same here, it's particularly annoying that the likes of St Mirren are likely to win another trophy (judging by their present form) before we win our first. Their fans are near unbearable now, what would that be like. :sad:

Did we miss out on this guy and if so, why? http://www.eveningti...14293n.20063518

No. There was a mix up in the translation which made it seem like we'd signed him but it was always St Mirren. No other club in Scotland had any interest or idea he was available

Just had to go with what was available.

Not many teams have picked up prolific strikers for nowt.

I'm sure we could've found someone better than what we've got. MacLean, Tade, Vine, Hasselbaink and Beattie were all signed. None of them have a history of scoring goals, and so it's proven. I'd kill to have Sheridan back up front for us, deadly on one-on-ones. These days I'm expecting us to miss a one-on-one no matter what strikers through on goal

What a waste of time that was. Played alright first half before missing another sitter. After that left an ineffective centre forward on for the whole game (nice layoffs though). Gave up the minute tade came off.

Lomas' persistance with MacLean annoys me. I mean, I like the way he plays, a tidy wee player who holds the ball up and creates chances for others. But that's not what we need, we need a poaching **** who'll score the easy chances

Lomas' persistance with MacLean annoys me. I mean, I like the way he plays, a tidy wee player who holds the ball up and creates chances for others. But that's not what we need, we need a poaching **** who'll score the easy chances

This is pretty much my feelings on the subject. He is s decent footballer but is neither a goal scorer nor a target man. Tadr is a much better option there.

He's better off learning his trade elsewhere. He'd go a month without scoring here and the crowd would be on his back, it would ruin any potential he has

I havent been one of those screaming for May and Caddis to stay but I struggle to see how May can be worse than the strikers we have. I would also suggest that he has had enough loan games to be used to a bit of abuse from the stands.

Don't recall too many complaints at the time when Tade,Maclean and Vine were signed up. Hasslebaink to for that matter. We don't know who else was available at the time. Starting earlier for europe after losing Sandaza etc. For this window we needed the midfield strengthened. Lomas has done that.

Don't recall too many complaints at the time when Tade,Maclean and Vine were signed up. Hasslebaink to for that matter. We don't know who else was available at the time. Starting earlier for europe after losing Sandaza etc. For this window we needed the midfield strengthened. Lomas has done that.

Hi Stevie shouldnt you be on the bus?

I havent been one of those screaming for May and Caddis to stay but I struggle to see how May can be worse than the strikers we have. I would also suggest that he has had enough loan games to be used to a bit of abuse from the stands.

I think May should be given a chance aswell, the strikers we have haven't performed while Mays got something like 9 goals in 17 games for Hamilton. But I can also see why he is still out on loan. He's going to play every week for Hamilton. He would only get that here if he instantly performed, if not he'd be stuck on the bench until the last 5 minutes as per. It can only help him playing every week and I hope we sign him onto a new contract so we get the best of it.

But the abuse he would get would be the same as Caddis got when he started for us against Motherwell way back. Got subbed at half time, got called useless, was blamed for the loss and there were calls for us to get rid of him. St Johnstone fans over react whenever a youngster is coming through, no patience at all

Edited by RandomGuy

Said it before , mclean is neat and tidy but when it comes to actually doing what he is on the pitch to do , score goals , he is actually quite shite . Tade beats people by using skill/determination . Mclean needs others to help him beat players . Tade is hot and cold but i would pick him before Mclean every time .

He's better off learning his trade elsewhere. He'd go a month without scoring here and the crowd would be on his back, it would ruin any potential he has

Pretty much in the same way as the clowns are getting on McLeans back. Some of the abuse that some fans were dishing out was incredible,

Made enough chances to win a couple of games but you have to finish them and sadly each time we actually got the ball on target we found Samson in good form.

To be far to Maclean though, I'm pretty sure when he signed he said he wasn't a goal scorer as such...more someone who set things up for others.

Thing is he's had numerous chances to score and fluffed them, and some times he doesn't even bother trying to shoot. Just moves away from goal and tries to set someone else up. He looks terrified of scoring