Your Starting 11

RandomGuy

Seeing how Lomas seems to struggle choose his first choice 11 I thought we should give him a helping hand. You can include players out on loan, and those just come in on loan if you wish. Can also mention any free agent we could sign.

For me, I'd go....

Alan Mannus

Dave MacKay - Steven Anderson - Frazer Wright - Callum Davidson

Murray Davidson - Paddy Cregg - Liam Craig

Michael Doughty

Nigel Hasselbaink - Gregory Tade

Seeing how Lomas seems to struggle choose his first choice 11 I thought we should give him a helping hand. You can include players out on loan, and those just come in on loan if you wish. Can also mention any free agent we could sign.

For me, I'd go....

Alan Mannus

Michael Doughty

I'd have a place for Vine. Doesn't always come off for him, but when it does it can often be productive. Watch him closely v Aberdeen. He put through some fantastic balls and scored a great goal.

Nigel is a sub, but McLean is becoming a liability and Tade is a hit or a miss, more often a miss, so maybe Nigel.

Actually, I might be inclined to try Stevie May since none of the others seem to be able to score.

St Mirren bring in Goncalves, Hearts Ngoo (or whatever) and goals aplenty.

The days of it being about 11 players are gone!Squad game now, and it matters not a jot what teams we all pick

Just saying!

You talk some pish Larky, but on this occasion I agree with you :cool:

You pick the team to beat your opposition on any given day...that team will not necessarily be the same formation or the same personnel

For me, I'd go....

Alan Mannus

Michael Doughty

No width? This is real life, not football manager. That would leave us with no protection for the fullbacks. I don't know of any club that plays that formation.

I haven't a clue what the best starting eleven is.

Likewise and that's a huge concern I think in February. I don't agree with what's been said about picking a different side to suit the occasion either really. There are occasions you might change things slightly but I think everyone could tell you the strongest eleven available to both ICT and Motherwell and last season you could do the same with United when they were on fire last year. No coincidence then that Motherwell and ICT are where they are in the league.

We were short on numbers but Lomas' signings in last few days will only further confuse the situation, so it'll be interesting to see how we adapt.

Surely in February, you shouldn't be picking four names out of hat every Saturday?

No width? This is real life, not football manager. That would leave us with no protection for the fullbacks. I don't know of any club that plays that formation.

When we're defending then Hasselbaink or Tade, and Doughty drop deeper. We pretty much played the formation I've used once Doughty came on against Aberdeen and it seemed fairly good. Only difference was that Tade played out wide instead of central alongside MacLean

Likewise and that's a huge concern I think in February. I don't agree with what's been said about picking a different side to suit the occasion either really. There are occasions you might change things slightly but I think everyone could tell you the strongest eleven available to both ICT and Motherwell and last season you could do the same with United when they were on fire last year. No coincidence then that Motherwell and ICT are where they are in the league.

We were short on numbers but Lomas' signings in last few days will only further confuse the situation, so it'll be interesting to see how we adapt.

Surely in February, you shouldn't be picking four names out of hat every Saturday?

Absolutely agree. I think its fair to say that we have had the lion's share of possession and looked the better football team in the majority of games. Why then keep changing it? Isnt about time we started letting others worry about us?

We need to pick two or three front men and let them have a run of games together not change it depending on who we play. Whether we deploy them as two up front or one behind the other(s) can vary. Lomas has persisted with a 4-3-3/4-5-1 but used personnel not suited to it. In my opinion Tade in particular and Vine to a lesser extent are wasted out wide.

The manager tends to play the same back four most weeks, or makes minimum changes so why does he think thats a good idea but use a bingo machine to decide what we should do further forward.

Absolutely agree. I think its fair to say that we have had the lion's share of possession and looked the better football team in the majority of games. Why then keep changing it? Isnt about time we started letting others worry about us?

We need to pick two or three front men and let them have a run of games together not change it depending on who we play. Whether we deploy them as two up front or one behind the other(s) can vary. Lomas has persisted with a 4-3-3/4-5-1 but used personnel not suited to it. In my opinion Tade in particular and Vine to a lesser extent are wasted out wide.

The manager tends to play the same back four most weeks, or makes minimum changes so why does he think thats a good idea but use a bingo machine to decide what we should do further forward.

Couldnt agree more. It seems that Saints are set out differently to always counteract the opposition. I would much rather that we simply played to OUR strengths.

Interesting to see the starting line-ups ---just shows what a difficult job LOMAS has week in week out.........It would be easy to look at the teams listed and say NO for varying reasons

However we have to go with what we have signed or on loan and we dont have the finances to buy that class player (s) -so we are reliant upon the Youth teams to provide something less expensive - normally when we get this "talent" other clubs tend to prise them away for more money.

The team we had out on Saturday was expected to produce the goods on the day - the manager picked them for that purpose and unfortunately we lost the game -disappointing as it was thats what happened. NOW rightly or wrongly we all had our ideas as to where the problems arose and on this occasion it was the strikers that too the brunt of our anger.

For me it has been a problem for some time and I am happy to see that LOMAS is in agreement that "if they were scoring then we would probably STILL be in the cup and HIGHER up the league.

IF he is noticing this then that should be his main priority -DO we have a "coach" that works alongside the Strikers as we seem to have with our Goalkeepers OR is it just left to the individuals to work it out for themselves.

Yeah it is the Manager that takes responsibility for picking his team lines -BUT for me its the individuals who are picked that should be working 100% on sorting this out.

I am like a lot of folk on here who remember the "dark days" when it was common for defeat rather than victories -BUT it is the same guys who are still supporting Saints til this day -JUST LIKE the rest of you "young uns" will do in the years to come.

i would like to think that I could see Saints win a Major Trophy sometime in my lifetime -I have been patient for many many years and have to hope that it will come eventually before I become a daisy pusher or am burnt to a crisp and stuck in a little bowl.

Onwards and Upwards

The only thing I expect week in week out is EVERYONE (who is or are picked) sweats blood and guts for the team and supporters and each other -NOT just give up the cause.

HIBS are in for ONE Massive Hiding a week Monday.