Hearts (A) Tuesday 5Th Of March

PerthSeany

Lasts nights over now. Need to forget it and move forward!

Noticed there wasn't a topic for this one yet.

Another midweek game against a club who may have a new man in charge of the team so might have a bit of extra Zip about them.

We will probably have quite a good following again, who's going? What do we need to do to beat them?

Lasts nights over now. Need to forget it and move forward!

Noticed there wasn't a topic for this one yet.

Another midweek game against a club who may have a new man in charge of the team so might have a bit of extra Zip about them.

We will probably have quite a good following again, who's going? What do we need to do to beat them?

Being a midweek game in Edinburgh and the way we played against Dundee plus the fact a lot of the kids have School the following day MIGHT have a knock on effect regarding folks willingness to travel PLUS the cost of an Adult ticket being 24 or 25 quid and a concession being about £20 might put off a few ...............NOW had we beaten Dundee then there would have been the feel good factor where everyone said YEAH lets go .......Hopefully the supporters buses will be full and we get the right result.

Pretty sure a lot of folk would be happy with a draw - I would be really happy with the win and 3pts ( the 3pts expected v Dundee)

Lets attack-attack -attack and give the away supporters something to go home really really chuffed.

Being a midweek game in Edinburgh and the way we played against Dundee plus the fact a lot of the kids have School the following day MIGHT have a knock on effect regarding folks willingness to travel PLUS the cost of an Adult ticket being 24 or 25 quid and a concession being about £20 might put off a few ...............NOW had we beaten Dundee then there would have been the feel good factor where everyone said YEAH lets go .......Hopefully the supporters buses will be full and we get the right result.

Pretty sure a lot of folk would be happy with a draw - I would be really happy with the win and 3pts ( the 3pts expected v Dundee)

Lets attack-attack -attack and give the away supporters something to go home really really chuffed.

Like last night, playing one up front when we should've played 2 up front and gone at them. Despite our 5 they still over ran us for the most part. Shame. Tactically poor, I thought.

There is more merit in using the 4-5-1/4-3-3 system at Tynecastle than there was a Dens Park but feel Craig on the right isn't really working. Not that I expect Lomas to do it but actually think Caddis is maybe the player most suited to playing there. Think McCracken needed to keep playing as well as he did against Celtic and St Mirren to hold onto his shirt but didn't manage it at Dens, so I'd have Anderson back in too.

Mannus

Mackay - Anderson - Wright - C Davidson

M Davidson - Cregg - Abeid

Caddis - MacLean - Vine

Subbies: Tuffey, Scobbie, Millar, Craig, Hasselbaink, Tade, Doughty.

Wouldn't be upset if we were a more conventional 4-4-2 but if it was 4-3-3, the above is probably what I'd prefer in terms of team selection.

Three points against Dundee would have been massively welcome but the good thing about this match in a sense is that a defeat doesn't hand three points to a top six rival. If we had to lose one of the last four games, better this one than Killie, United or Inverness. Usually you'd look on this as a really tough match but with the position they are in, it probably represents the easiest of our last four games. A win would mean a couple of draws or even a single win from the last three matches would probably secure top six.

I agree that Caddis deserves a start, hes head and shoulders above everyone else on the park the times I have seen him for the u20s.

Regards the formation though I think its more of a flexible 4231. Caddis plays as the man behind the strikers for the u20s so to keep him there would mean pushing Abeid wide.

I really like the look of;

Mannus

Dave Ando Wright Callum

Cregg Muzz

Abeid Caddis Vine

McLean

I agree with everyones choice of Anderson particularly.

The last few weeks i dont think hes put a foot wrong whatsoever and has been very sold! Hes performances deserve selection! His use of the ball recently has been much better as well which has been a problem from the back particularly during the week so another reason why i think he should come back in.

In terms of shape of the team I think Lomas will stick to the 4-5-1. Its not what i think he should do but its what i think he will do.

I think he will go same again apart from Bringing in Anderson, and Both Davidson's.

Edited by PerthSeany

I agree the formation is and has been flexible and your way of displaying it is probably a more accurate reflection, Aberdeen game was great evidence of that when he introduced Doughty in the hole and arguably turned the game. Also up at Dingwall, the introduction of Doughty saw a small tweak, although we played well both before and after Davidson went off. Agree Caddis could play in one from where I posted and Edwards likewise could play in the hole or out wide.

There is more merit in using the 4-5-1/4-3-3 system at Tynecastle than there was a Dens Park but feel Craig on the right isn't really working. Not that I expect Lomas to do it but actually think Caddis is maybe the player most suited to playing there. Think McCracken needed to keep playing as well as he did against Celtic and St Mirren to hold onto his shirt but didn't manage it at Dens, so I'd have Anderson back in too.

Mannus

Mackay - Anderson - Wright - C Davidson

M Davidson - Cregg - Abeid

Caddis - MacLean - Vine

Subbies: Tuffey, Scobbie, Millar, Craig, Hasselbaink, Tade, Doughty.

Wouldn't be upset if we were a more conventional 4-4-2 but if it was 4-3-3, the above is probably what I'd prefer in terms of team selection.

Three points against Dundee would have been massively welcome but the good thing about this match in a sense is that a defeat doesn't hand three points to a top six rival. If we had to lose one of the last four games, better this one than Killie, United or Inverness. Usually you'd look on this as a really tough match but with the position they are in, it probably represents the easiest of our last four games. A win would mean a couple of draws or even a single win from the last three matches would probably secure top six.

A bit worrying that I agree with that & your post on the Dundee thread.

Time for Liam to be punted from right mid, as he's wasted out there IMO, and too easy to read for the opposition left back.

I wouldn't mind Caddis getting a wee run, simply out of curiosity, as I've hardly seen him kick a ball.

I'd imagine that most fans shouting for his inclusion, haven't seen much of him either :razz:

Time for Liam to be punted from right mid, as he's wasted out there IMO, and too easy to read for the opposition left back.

I wouldn't mind Caddis getting a wee run, simply out of curiosity, as I've hardly seen him kick a ball.

I'd imagine that most fans shouting for his inclusion, haven't seen much of him either :razz:

I've seen him play a few times. A wee run out at Ibrox a few years ago and Cowdenbeath this season. I know these games are completely different but his progress is outstanding, against Cowden he showed a willingness to beat his man and get to the byeline. Something I think we need, so I'd love him to get a chance there.

But I would eat my hat if he started at Tynecastle, Edwards is probably ahead of him for the right wing, as is Craig, Millar, Abeid, Hasselbaink and Tade. For all we know Maddison is too

I've seen him play a few times. A wee run out at Ibrox a few years ago and Cowdenbeath this season. I know these games are completely different but his progress is outstanding, against Cowden he showed a willingness to beat his man and get to the byeline. Something I think we need, so I'd love him to get a chance there.

But I would eat my hat if he started at Tynecastle, Edwards is probably ahead of him for the right wing, as is Craig, Millar, Abeid, Hasselbaink and Tade. For all we know Maddison is too

You forgot MacKay :laugh: