Saints Vs Ict 27/04/13

Guest Mongy Max

Oh yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!! Well played Saints. Patience paid off. A great 3 points and the Euro dream is still alive. To those that said the season was over...Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Another  clean sheet against an Inverness side who have scored goals for fun I could be wrong but is that not the third time this season we have kept them out.

Some very good preformances ( and a few  poor ones). Credit to Chrissy Millar who I thought was  excellent today after  such IMO  a shite  show last week. McKay, Anderson, Wright , Scobbie & Mannus...Take a bow.

A brilliant and vital 3 points. Well done Saints  and well done the fans who showed patience as well and backed the team.

Now is it not about time we put that Utd Hoodoo to fecking bed :wink: 

COME ON THE SAINTS....

Watched it on ESPN and IMO it was a fine win on a shocking pitch on which the passing game was almost impossible.

Hasselbaink looked up for it when he came on and made the difference in the last period. No failures but Millar seems to

run around like a headless chicken at times. According to Ghostie he was sublime but the TV did him no favours. Edwards

continues to mature and Abeid is a wee star. Shame we will not have them next term.

Great three points, why does Terry always park the bus against us? 4-1-4-1 wow team of the season there!!

Very frustrating at times not helped by that brutal surface.

Think the true value of Abeid shone through when he was taken off - the rest of the forward players looked clueless and well out of ideas until Nige came on.

Thank feck for that.....have to admit that I didn't see a goal coming in that second half.

Thought Vine, Edwards and Tade all had poor games....Millar buzzed about but, as usual, achieved the total of feck all. Shame Abeid went off as his movement was creating the space to capitalise on the man advantage. When he went off, we seemed to lose that.

MacLean was excellent. Incredible work-rate and loads of winning the ball, holding it up and nice lay-offs. Scobbie played well AGAIN. Fair play to Nige. He made the goal, yet made a poor decision when in a similar position soon after to try some adventurous cross-field pass when he had acres to run into. Wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't earned himself a start next week. Mannus had nowt much to do really, but did what he had to.

Delighted that we got the result and keep things interesting

Was a pretty dire performance all round, bar a half-hour period in the first half in which we were completely on top and should have put the game to bed. No doubt Steve Lomas will start the match with the exact same 11 players at Tannadice next weekend, as it was 'successful' today. Vine looked uninspired out on the wing and I'm praying for Lomas to use wingers instead of strikers on the flanks.

Nigel Hasselbaink is our best attacking player and it's a travesty that he continually has to impress from the bench. He has been unfairly treated by the management, as well as a large section of the support, and I wouldn't at all blame him if he decided to move on at the end of the season. Our loss, not his.

However, we did what we needed to do and the team/management team must be credited for that. I'll take a similar performance against United as long as we get the 3 points.

not very often you'll get me praising a grade 1 referee but here goes:

Mr Craig thomson got the 1 major call he had to make this afternoon Spot on

Str8 Red for denying a goal scoring opportunity

and very few refs pick up on time wasting so well done for the booking