Europa League 2Nd Qualifying Round Draw

The Inspiration

Some need to realise that those getting flights at 200-300 quid are on flights that aren't suitable for the Club, or other Saints fans. A normal scheduled return flight at decent times is 500-600 quid, not including accomodation and not including any other costs like getting to the airport or parking the car for a few days.

The price quoted by Saints is a package price and about right from what I can see.

Aye, me and Greg are in a group of about 27 booked up.  Fizz and Fitz are probably not making it though.

We are going Edinburgh-Stansted-Oslo-Trondheim on the Wed (get in at 8pm) and Trondheim-Oslo-Edinburgh on the Friday with 2 nights in City Living Scholler for £261.75 in total  :razz:

Snap.

I think that  the price of the club charter is very steep, especially compared to some of the  costs which have been rooted oot by many Saints fans. I am actually glad I do not have a decision to make on it due to being unable to go anyway.

I can understand why the cost might be so high and I can also understand fans not being best pleased at the price but it's a simple thing.

If it's too expensive for you, you better get busy booking your own.

And then  there will be fans who will happily pay the price . Maybe not as many as last season but  some ...

There aint much point in moaning about it though, and actually hoping Saints LOSE money on it  just beggars belief..

It is what it is....

Probably get the auld head chewed off BUT is there a Thread being started for folk who have booked BUT are unable to go for reasons and looking to

recoup some or all of what they have laid out for the trip OR is that imposssible due to "named persons" on that particular plane ???

Probably get the auld head chewed off BUT is there a Thread being started for folk who have booked BUT are unable to go for reasons and looking to

recoup some or all of what they have laid out for the trip OR is that imposssible due to "named persons" on that particular plane ???

Change of heart ancient?  :wink:

Just to add to what I said earlier. The cheapest route is via Aberdeen. To get flights at 200-300 quid you probably have to stay overnight in somewhere like Oslo and your flight is likely to be late at night. For 300-400 quid you can get an early morning flight from Aberdeen, with 1 stop. There are NO direct scheduled flights from Scotland to Trondhiem. For 400-500 quid you can get a red eye flight from Edinburgh, with 1 stop. If you want a better flight time you will pay 500-600 quid.

It's not an easy place to get to...

Because the price they are charging is astonishing. They clearly know that everyone can get it for at least £200-£300 cheaper. It's a 1 night stay in Norway. With no ticket included. They are just trying to milk as much money from fans as possible so I honestly hope they do not fill the flight and lose money anyway.

Really?Thats just feckin stupid!!

Flights booked depart Liverpool airport 0755 Wed to Torp, then torp to Trondheim arrive 1515, return Friday £380 for me and my son. Driving down to Liverpool from Bridge of Earn, room for 2 more in the car if anyone wants a lift and fancy's making a donation towards petrol and parking.

Flights booked depart Liverpool airport 0755 Wed to Torp, then torp to Trondheim arrive 1515, return Friday £380 for me and my son. Driving down to Liverpool from Bridge of Earn, room for 2 more in the car if anyone wants a lift and fancy's making a donation towards petrol and parking.

------------------

Who is that with,and what time is flight home ,please?

------------------

I know your not asking me but I just had a look.

Seems like Ryanair £58 per person return to from Oslo.

Then get a conecting flight from Oslo to Trondheim for £96ish return. I looked at those from Skyscanner.

I'm tempted to.

17:15 flight from Oslo to Liverpool

Going to probably go for that one when its confirmed thats where we are going!

Edited by PerthSeany

------------------

Flight from Liverpool is with Ryanair, leaves liverpool at 0755 arr torp at 1045, dep torp at 1405 arr Trondheim at 1515 with Wideroe (booked through BravoFly) return trip - depart trondhem at 0925 on Friday arrive Torp at 1035 (again with Wideroe) return to liverpool leaves Torp at 1715 arr liverpool at 1820 again with Ryanair. Staying at P-Hotel Trondheim, just along the road from Macbeth Scottish Pub.

Folk that got the good deals did so because they took a gamble due to having a good idea prices would rise and the fact that Rosenborg were likely to go through.  Some also knew there would probably be the opportunity to have an insurance bet to cover their costs.

For me, the charter price is wild and there are still cheaper options out there by flying from Aberdeen (SAS) or Edinburgh (KLM) and even cheaper by going via Stansted (3 flights) or down to Liverpool.

At the end of the day, you don't have to sign up for it.  It's not a remote desert island with the charter being the only way to get there.  I would rather they just came out and said it wasn't viable than offer it up for that price but they probably felt they had to offer something after taking notes of interest and some folk have no doubt held off in favour of a charter.  I wouldn't be surprised if the thing gets dropped due to lack of numbers and the club travel on the SAS or KLM flights which will still work out a hell of a lot cheaper.

Edited by Baiggers

I got flights out of Aberdeen on Wed morning at 9.05 connecting in Bergen with a 5 hr stop to get to trondheim for 6. Returns at 11ish am Friday for £340.

Could have got cheaper but would not fancy a 7am flight on the Friday.

Edited by Broon

Folk that got the good deals did so because they took a gamble due to having a good idea prices would rise and the fact that Rosenborg were likely to go through. Some also knew there would probably be the opportunity to have an insurance bet to cover their costs.

For me, the charter price is wild and there are still cheaper options out there by flying from Aberdeen (SAS) or Edinburgh (KLM) and even cheaper by going via Stansted (3 flights) or down to Liverpool.

At the end of the day, you don't have to sign up for it. It's not a remote desert island with the charter being the only way to get there. I would rather they just came out and said it wasn't viable than offer it up for that price but they probably felt they had to offer something after taking notes of interest and some folk have no doubt held off in favour of a charter. I wouldn't be surprised if the thing gets dropped due to lack of numbers and the club travel on the SAS or KLM flights which will still work out a hell of a lot cheaper.

And some had Ricardo Binachi as team leader

WHY NOT GO TO THE RETURN LEG AGAINST ROSENBORG    05.07.13

Rosenborg.jpg   Europa%20League.jpg   Crusaders%20badge03.JPG

YOU NEVER KNOW YOU MIGHT WITNESS HISTORY

After last nights performance why not treat yourself or treat someone to go to the return leg in Trondheim next Thursday. Travel with the squad on a specially chartered plane direct to Trondheim, the home city of Rosenborg, and enjoy the beautiful surroundings and of course the game itself.

There are 42 spaces available on the flight and the cost to travel including transfers will be £300. Supporters who travel will be responsible for finding and paying their own accommodation.

The travel itinerary is as follows...

Depart Belfast City Airport 10th July at 10am

Depart Trondheim Airport 12th July at 9am

This deal is on a "first come first served basis" and anyone still interested in making the trip could they contact tommywhiteside@sky.com as early as possible to express their wish to travel.

So, Saint,s are charging £550 for a night,s hotel and a match ticket? I smell a rip off here!!!!

Flying Edinburgh Tuesday night to Oslo (Gard), Norwegian Air arriving 2355, then kip in airport until connecting flight to Trondheim at 0800 on Wednesday morning. Returning same route leaving Trondheim at 1740 Friday arriving back in Edinburgh at 1950. 2 nights at Thon Gildevangen, above McBeths pub. Much less than £850 charter.

Anyone on same flights or hotel???