Prices

Guest Mongy Max

Guest Mongy Max

Think it's about 80k we get from UEFA.

We probably made a loss Ghostie but why should I further fund a club that makes a loss with or without my money?? There is no incentive for me to travel anymore to games.

The club has slashed its budget meaning the fans are funding a lesser squad at higher rates. Also, if the club has made a loss then something has to be done rather than expect the fans to dip into the pockets to bail out.surely if we make losses then there is an issue with the sustainability model??

There is only so much a fan can afford. My salary does not go up each year so football prices are just not within my expendable income

What else was discussed tonight at your Secret 7 meeting, Ghostie?

I was planning to open a thread with details of tonights meeting Aitchy but sadly I have not go round to it yet due to the time I have spent reading this  crazy phucking thread..  Hopefully get something up in the next hour mate.. :wink:

Think it's about 80k we get from UEFA.

We probably made a loss Ghostie but why should I further fund a club that makes a loss with or without my money?? There is no incentive for me to travel anymore to games.

The club has slashed its budget meaning the fans are funding a lesser squad at higher rates. Also, if the club has made a loss then something has to be done rather than expect the fans to dip into the pockets to bail out.surely if we make losses then there is an issue with the sustainability model??

There is only so much a fan can afford. My salary does not go up each year so football prices are just not within my expendable income

No probably about it Max...

Because you are a SUPPORTER  Max. That's what we do. We support our club, through thick and thin, the good times and the bad. I am not having a go at you mate. If you can't afford it then  I am gutted for you as I know  how much you care ..

Things are being done to address the losses. One of these things is the cutting of the playing budget. By doing this  it makes the club sustainable. Football clubs finances are fluid and right now we ( and all of Scottish fitba) are  in a downward  era. This may or may not change but  for the good of our club, the Saints board are   making decisions to maintain our financial stability.

This season, Saints will recieve £90K from Uefa.

I spoke about  the support at tonights meeting and suggested that there are two main types of fan. Those that will, come hell or high water, happily put their money into the club. This  type of fan does not see themselves as a customer but as an integeral part of the club they support. The other ( no less important) see themselves as customers who want value for money. This type of fan is much more  likely to question why they should  put money into the club. Sadly  in my opinion we  now have many more of the second type than the former..

Guest Mongy Max

Like I say, I don't earn a great deal of money and I have to justify every penny I spend as I have two girls to think of.

Maybe I have different outlook on life now than you lot but I just simply don't want to put myself in debt for football.

I have no loans, credit cards or overdrafts and I have no intention of getting any of those just to watch a team play football who may still make a loss regardless of my money.

Like I say, I don't earn a great deal of money and I have to justify every penny I spend as I have two girls to think of.

Maybe I have different outlook on life now than you lot but I just simply don't want to put myself in debt for football.

I have no loans, credit cards or overdrafts and I have no intention of getting any of those just to watch a team play football who may still make a loss regardless of my money.

That's your choice and I would never criticise you for making it. At the same time though, it is not Saints faults either mate.

Guest Mongy Max

Surely the Europe game is an ideal opportunity to get new punters through the door, a top quality side who have played Champions League football for several years, but many people swaying will be massively out off by £24 a head.

I don't know what the club can do to get more bums on seats but they can't expect people to cough up that when times are tough.

Surely the Europe game is an ideal opportunity to get new punters through the door, a top quality side who have played Champions League football for several years, but many people swaying will be massively out off by £24 a head.

I don't know what the club can do to get more bums on seats but they can't expect people to cough up that when times are tough.

We will just have to wait and see on this one Max. I suspect if Saints are still in the tie  come next Thursday though, there will be a great crowd and they will pay what they have to...

The charter was booked high season, to a destination where the plane won't be needed afterwards (Edinburgh) and will simply have cost a lot - the club might make a couple of % on each booking, i'd be surprised they are "killing it."

2. Pensioners - you rotten auld grumpy gits, you took an overdraft out on my life and are living large on all that cheap debt and "baby booming" and yet unlike the rest of the next generation, we are laden with the aftermath .... so pay up, and pay your way.

2.2 Pensioners -- Hud yer whieest!

2.3 Pensioners -- Students don't and won't really ever have a decent job..... cos you lot spend all the money!

4. Cost of tickets (£24 v £18) - fair point made by VancouverSaint that the match in Norwary is not a big match for them, hence £18, where as when they make the group stage tickets will go up to £50ish.

Edited by MySpazz

Have to go along with you on that one. Tickets should have been £22 max.

No probably about it Max...

Because you are a SUPPORTER  Max. That's what we do. We support our club, through thick and thin, the good times and the bad. I am not having a go at you mate. If you can't afford it then  I am gutted for you as I know  how much you care ..

Things are being done to address the losses. One of these things is the cutting of the playing budget. By doing this  it makes the club sustainable. Football clubs finances are fluid and right now we ( and all of Scottish fitba) are  in a downward  era. This may or may not change but  for the good of our club, the Saints board are   making decisions to maintain our financial stability.

This season, Saints will recieve £90K from Uefa.

I spoke about  the support at tonights meeting and suggested that there are two main types of fan. Those that will, come hell or high water, happily put their money into the club. This  type of fan does not see themselves as a customer but as an integeral part of the club they support. The other ( no less important) see themselves as customers who want value for money. This type of fan is much more  likely to question why they should  put money into the club. Sadly  in my opinion we  now have many more of the second type than the former..

Tell your magnificent 7 that sadly the second party are the ones we are needing to work on and show an incentive to come to our park.....

You obviously don't know me in the slightest if you think I am a yes man. In fact it is actually  making me laugh sitting here thinking  anyone would .... You could not be more wrong, but hey, feel free to spout shite (sorry more shite) :wink:

Glad your having a laugh.....but do you think we have a real problem with our PR....

Tell your magnificent 7 that sadly the second party are the ones we are needing to work on and show an incentive to come to our park.....

We were 8 tonight :wink:

An incentive??? So finishing 3rd in the SPL aint enough.Qualifying for Europe two seasons on the bounce is not enough?? Pegging season tickets at the same price as last season is not enough. Letting kids under 12 in for free is not enough, Subsidising a trip abroad to the tune of £250 is not enough. Allowing people to pay for there ST's in interest free installments is not enough?? Knocking £9 off the admission price for ST holders for the home Euro game is not enough??

How about you tell me what ENOUGH would be???? and if i's a good idea I will be happy to pass it on to the  chairman..

:cool:

We were 8 tonight :wink:

An incentive??? So finishing 3rd in the SPL aint enough.Qualifying for Europe two seasons on the bounce is not enough?? Pegging season tickets at the same price as last season is not enough. Letting kids under 12 in for free is not enough, Subsidising a trip abroad to the tune of £250 is not enough. Allowing people to pay for there ST's in interest free installments is not enough?? Knocking £9 off the admission price for ST holders for the home Euro game is not enough??

How about you tell me what ENOUGH would be???? and if i's a good idea I will be happy to pass it on to the  chairman..

:cool:

Ghotie that's the problem.....

The biggest problem Bussinesses make and one example is the Restaurant trade which like us is a service industry....They chop down prices, Offer 2 for one but forget what really matters is a 3 fold situation...

1. Good Product... yes we are producing that

2. Good Value Yes we are producing that

3. Good SERVICE No we are not doing a good job at that...

The first 2 mean as you put it Shite if the 3rd is not offered and thats our problem

Terrible stewarding like we are 2nd citizens and I was only there 3 times last year ....

Pathetic website

Garanteed if it wasn't for our TV boy Mr cunningham you'd have a lot less attending.....We should be pushing the TV thing much harder my friends tell me the lack of a presence of Saints in

the city center....

More half time entertainment.....etc etc  OUR SERVICE IS SHITE

Glad your having a laugh.....but do you think we have a real problem with our PR....

I think we have a real problem with our marketing.( I have, and will continue to  raise this issue at every meeting I attend whether the club like it or not, and push for solutions to be found). I think that our PR at times could be much better but that said, it's 100 times better than it was . The OS  is  much more informative these days as is the use of the St.Johnstone Facebook page and the club Twitter feed. I have just spent half an hour plus  posting the details of our FFG meeting on here so as fans  ARE informed. You should read it. I also spent 2 hours of my own time at the meeting. Some of us are at least trying to be part of the solution rather than just moaning about the perceived problems..

I think we have a real problem with our marketing.( I have, and will continue to  raise this issue at every meeting I attend whether the club like it or not, and push for solutions to be found). I think that our PR at times could be much better but that said, it's 100 times better than it was . The OS  is  much more informative these days as is the use of the St.Johnstone Facebook page and the club Twitter feed. I have just spent half an hour plus  posting the details of our FFG meeting on here so as fans  ARE informed. You should read it. I also spent 2 hours of my own time at the meeting. Some of us are at least trying to be part of the solution rather than just moaning about the perceived problems..

Ghostie fair comment and I will tell you this I applaud your effort and out of strong discussions come ideas and pray that you are that guy to put a bit of passion at these meetings...

Ghotie that's the problem.....

The biggest problem Bussinesses make and one example is the Restaurant trade which like us is a service industry....They chop down prices, Offer 2 for one but forget what really matters is a 3 fold situation...

1. Good Product... yes we are producing that

2. Good Value Yes we are producing that

3. Good SERVICE No we are not doing a good job at that...

The first 2 mean as you put it Shite if the 3rd is not offered and thats our problem

Terrible stewarding like we are 2nd citizens and I was only there 3 times last year ....

Pathetic website

Garanteed if it wasn't for our TV boy Mr cunningham you'd have a lot less attending.....We should be pushing the TV thing much harder my friends tell me the lack of a presence of Saints in

the city center....

More half time entertainment.....etc etc  OUR SERVICE IS SHITE

Lets address these issues then...

Stewarding. There was a big problem with stewarding two seasons ago. This came to a head at the start of last season and the problem was  brought to the clubs full attention. we had a meeting with both the police and the stewarding company G4S. After this meeting there was a distinct change  ( granted one game we had a solo steward going native but as soon as that happened it was dealt with.)  IMHO the stewarding problem has been sorted.

Website.. Certainly not the best  but pathetic?? I disagree.  Much much better than it was an hopefully it will be getting upgraded  this season. Certainly that's the clubs plan...

Ross's Vids.. They are great and most of the credit goes to him but the club played and continue to play a big part in these.

No presence in the city centre.. see thread on tonights meeting for that one please...

Half time entertainment??  what do you want?? most folk go for a pie, a piss, a gander at the tellys for latest scores, a chat with mates or a fag at half time. should we have dancing girls??

How many other clubs have  half time entertainment?? it's the fitba we are at not the superbowl.

The whole  basis for your post is wrong as well.. Fitba is nothing like the restaurant trade.. I have worked in the restaurant trade for 30 years and you are comparing apples and eggs..

What actual SERVICES are you looking for mate??

I go to the fitba to watch my team. ( hopefully win) At half time we discuss the first half and our hopes for the second half..

You are losing me here ....

Lets address these issues then...

Stewarding. There was a big problem with stewarding two seasons ago. This came to a head at the start of last season and the problem was  brought to the clubs full attention. we had a meeting with both the police and the stewarding company G4S. After this meeting there was a distinct change  ( granted one game we had a solo steward going native but as soon as that happened it was dealt with.)  IMHO the stewarding problem has been sorted.

Website.. Certainly not the best  but pathetic?? I disagree.  Much much better than it was an hopefully it will be getting upgraded  this season. Certainly that's the clubs plan...

Ross's Vids.. They are great and most of the credit goes to him but the club played and continue to play a big part in these.

No presence in the city centre.. see thread on tonights meeting for that one please...

Half time entertainment??  what do you want?? most folk go for a pie, a piss, a gander at the tellys for latest scores, a chat with mates or a fag at half time. should we have dancing girls??

How many other clubs have  half time entertainment?? it's the fitba we are at not the superbowl.

The whole  basis for your post is wrong as well.. Fitba is nothing like the restaurant trade.. I have worked in the restaurant trade for 30 years and you are comparing apples and eggs..

What actual SERVICES are you looking for mate??

I go to the fitba to watch my team. ( hopefully win) At half time we discuss the first half and our hopes for the second half..

You are losing me here ....

Okay... I know it's late for you so no hurry with feedback...Fitba is all I want also but were dealing with a new breed of supporter and I think your missing the point....

Like all things we need to move forward....Our generation is stuck in the old days and i mean old days

how about a special Website promo....to be announced at Halftime ( Thats Half time entertainment ) we can do this every

All kids under 12 will get a raffle ticket with the first prize a St.Johnstone strip.......Thats one week

Another week could be a Free 10 quid voucher for the food stand

Another week could be A trip on the players bus for him and his parent.....

I can go on and on and on......PROMOTE EXCITEMENT GIVES THE KIDS A REASON TO COME AT A MINIMUM COST>>>>>

Stewarding hasn't fully been resolved watch them next time especially at halftime.....

WE NEED TO EVOLVE GHOSTIE BE THAT LEADER 

PS I FFNNN HATE THE SUPERBOWL CRAP.....

In my very humble opinion, a lot could be achieved through the timing and nature of 'news' via the website, twitter and Facebook. The language used remains somewhat detached from the fans, instead of inclusive. It's all very proper and official.

Social media isn't about real time news reporting, it's about interaction. I'm no expert, but the younger generation could be better drawn in and involved. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's crap - clearly there are different people within the club organising the updates/content. Speculating, but I reckon there is one person who has the right idea, and he/she should be identified and given the task as a full time job. Consistent, open minded and committed approach to customer relations.

My first port of call for anything interesting or new about the club is still WAP. It shouldn't be, because it is run by fans for fans, and has to remain detached from the club. The various club media outlets are critical to progress.

And I am sorry if it is insulting, but the website is crap. I am yet to discover a football club with a good one mind you, but the industry standard shouldn't be a constraint, it should be a reason to do better.

I applaud saints for reacting to suggestions, but only so many piecemeal additions work before an overhaul is demanded.

Edited by montrosesaintee

Personally I don't give a monkeys how much the official charter is costing fans, who in the main can well afford it otherwise would be making other arrangements, but what I do have a grievance with is why are the club subsidising the deal by £250 per head? Do not know the numbers but for just 20 fans that would be £5000 out of the club coffers which they certainly can not afford, can they?

By next Thursdays's home game we will still be slap bang in the middle of the holiday season with many regulars missing and I honestly think Saints have overpriced the game at £24 and totally agree with HSF's point above.

The maths behind the prices has been gone over time and time again. If you half the prices you need double to bums to make what you would have anyway. To make a long term profit out of it you need these bums to return when the price goes back to SPL normal levels. The fans may like to see more faces in the stands when the price is dropped but it makes no difference to the bank balance.

The club have done dozens of special price offers which have not been taken up by the people of Perth. The most successful one thus far has been the family prices.