May Away?

cristo

Aye, saw that. Stevie's had a narrow escape imo. Shades of Ibrox.....

Has May signed the extended contract yet - scuse my ignorance.

Although he's headed off to join up with Scotland U21s ahead of their match against the Netherlands, a new deal for striker Stevie May should be finalised before Saints next play against Hibernian a week on Saturday.

The player told the gathered press after Saturday's clash with Aberdeen: "I intend to stay at Saints. My agent has been in speaking to the club in recent days, so we're looking to get it sorted in the next week or two."

From the BBC gossip column thingy - assume this is just 2+2=37 journalism as usual, based on the same information we have already heard, but the idea of a 'long-term' deal is great.

Stevie May is set to sign a new long-term deal with St Johnstone just days after a failed bid from Peterborough United for the player. (The Scottish Daily Mail)

They don't seem to be very good at negotiations this lot do they

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23918128

They are very much coming across as a bunch of cowboys that think they can bully Scottish teams into doing what they want. Good to see all clubs involved north of the boarder wont stand for it.

They are very much coming across as a bunch of cowboys that think they can bully Scottish teams into doing what they want. Good to see all clubs involved north of the boarder wont stand for it.

Darragh MacAnthony? This is the motormouth who slaughtered St Johnstone a few weeks ago for refusing to play ball with Peterborough when they thought they could throw a couple of bob at a club they clearly thought were yokels for Stevie May.

When told to get lost, their chairman, MacAnthony, took to Twitter to have a pop.

Then the same guy complains when Celtic come in for one of his players, striker Lee Tomlin, on Scotland’s transfer deadline day last Saturday.

And I read yesterday he messed about Livingston kid Stefan Scougall when it looked like he was about to move to MacAnthony’s club. He loves the sound of his own voice but nobody else does.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

Darragh MacAnthony? This is the motormouth who slaughtered St Johnstone a few weeks ago for refusing to play ball with Peterborough when they thought they could throw a couple of bob at a club they clearly thought were yokels for Stevie May.

When told to get lost, their chairman, MacAnthony, took to Twitter to have a pop.

Then the same guy complains when Celtic come in for one of his players, striker Lee Tomlin, on Scotland’s transfer deadline day last Saturday.

And I read yesterday he messed about Livingston kid Stefan Scougall when it looked like he was about to move to MacAnthony’s club. He loves the sound of his own voice but nobody else does.

------------------------

Exactly my point