May Away?

cristo

I just find it really depressing that we might not even get an opportunity to see how well he does for Saints over the course of a season. We have spent a lot of time and effort in training him up and loaning him out whilst he has improved as a player and increased his strength greatly. Many consider him to finally be the answer to to our attacking problems this season, and I have been highly excited to see how well our first really exciting youth prospect fares for our club. And now we are willing to let him go after 2 league matches? For £300,000? Why can't we reject any offers until at least January (or the end of the season) when we get a proper idea of how important he will be for us? We would surely get similar offers at that stage, if not even better ones.

I am the same, we have a real young talent that is pretty much already a Saints hero, the crowd love him and he is a player we look forward to go and watching playing, He has already created a buzz around our attacking options this season, unless we get enough money to buy someone just as good or better and some extra on top which I don’t see, for me there is no point in selling him. Would really be gutted if they let him go

Agree with the above 2 posts.  Saints have always been fair with letting players and managers go if the price is right, but then it is down to the individuals, but also their money grabbing self interested agents who have I believe have done untold harm to football over the years.  I think that collectively they are partly responsible for the high gate prices.

Back to the point I was making before a rant set in.....     It is up to May if he wants to go or not.  He has to weigh up his income, playing opportunities and his future career.  Obviously his agent will be shoving him up the A1 as soon as possible, but May has to decide if playing a full season for Saints will benefit him in the long term. I think he will go further with a full season at Saints, because he will get better offers and opportunities at the end of it.

Perhaps a fatherly figure like TW will be able to convince him to look beyond next months pay cheque.

£1,000,000 the bidding starts at.

That shot during the second half

How close was it? Anyone at the Ormond Stand end? It looked close from the scoreboard end of the East, but at the same time, their keeper didn't look concerned about it......or maybe he was just beaten all ends up

How close was it? Anyone at the Ormond Stand end? It looked close from the scoreboard end of the East, but at the same time, their keeper didn't look concerned about it......or maybe he was just beaten all ends up

I think, like the rest of us,he thought it was over the top of him until it turned and turned and dipped.

Never seen anything like that live at a game before. 

Edited by Dr Christmas Jones

I really hope that is sarcasm.

Partly.

I think selling him for relative peanuts would destroy moral amongst the support and probably within the club. We'll get more than £300k if he leaves us at the end of the season from a tribunal. His goals could be worth between 3-5 league positions. Even at 70k per position it makes more sense to me in keeping him. He's clearly happy to stay in Perth.

The kid has 3 goals in 4 starts FFS. Where are we going to get those kinda goals from?

just fizzed past top corner bar/post, smashed into a group of kids in second row which confirm how close and how much dip....must of hit it on the valve was fair fizzin

was it may or saints that insisted on a 1 year contract

maybe the secret (whatever the number is now) could tell us the punters not in the know

we are not worthy

It was May - we offered him 2 years, but he wanted to sign for 1 year in case he wasn't given games. Same with Caddis.

Heard today at the game that the Posh are very keen on our Stevie, £450K + add ons ,also they are trying to pave the way so we are not disadvantage with a late transfer window bid and we have no time to get somone in hence the trialist.

IMOP bite their hands OFF

Why do you want to bite their hands off for a relatively low offer for one of our most exciting players for years. We should be doing everything we can to keep him and to discourage any bids for him. Offer him a new deal, double his wages. He could well be the difference between top and bottom half, Europe or no Europe, even a cup win.

I will be incredibly pissed off if he gets sold/ pushed out the door so we can boost an already healthy bank balance.

Just maybe TW is being 100% honest. Steve Brown has to reasonably set a value, and if a buyer matches it then they can speak to the player. Fact.

TW hasn't said for one second whether he thinks Stevie will go or not. It's not his call on either front.

Instead of playing the big man like most managers, maybe he's just telling it like it is!!

Naming May as MOTM today seemed slightly 'political' to me. I thoughtMuzz, Spoony and Nige were all better candidates.