Lack Of Tv Or Radio Coverage

MySpazz

I don't really care about the lack of coverage Saints get. It probably helped us last season in that no one had us to finish third, Inverness had it wrapped up by March and all the pressure was off us.

Me and Don were talking about this yesterday, all we heard last season was the big Highland love in between Caley and County and we barely got a mention til after the final whistle against Well.

More of the same please BBC, and we'll just calmly sneak in under the radar again.

Sportscene had me cursing at the tv again last night...

As a prelude to our highlights, they had clips of video / commentary relating to the Brittain saga over the summer. It then cut to that guy that looked like he was dressed to audition as a magician (how the feck did he get that presenting job???). His opening line "County ultimately won that tug of war" 

NO THEY FECKIN DIDN'T....THEY HAD TO BUY HIM BACK YA WEE PR1CK

since you are my Numero Uno fan, I,m sure this can be arranged but to keep things on topic what are your views on the media,s attentions or lack of?

Well I got a letter in the Courier last year re the Rangers thing, but apart from that I haven't had a lot of attention from them. Not since me and Lady Ga Ga broke up. 

On St Johnstone, we take the Scotsman at the weekend, an East Coast paper, and it's STILL all Rangers and Celtic. I don't think the media were too bad during our Europe thing, and Gordon Marshthingy on radio Scotland is OK. But domestically, it's all the old firm. Who represent, say, 80% of those interested in footy in Scotland. So whilst I think we should chase them hard when real St Johnstone progress and achievements are ignored, in the big picture we can never expect to get anything like the coverage they do. And it is feckin fun reading aboutSevco going out of business again - see Scotland on Sundays main feature article yesterday - pulling no punches at all.   

The Sevco soap opera is hilarious, especially as the knuckledraggers STILL follow follow as if they are a shining example of all that football should be about.

The business/scandal/fortune telling stuff should be in the tabloids and broadsheet news pages, and not the sport section. That's the only thing that annoys me about the west coast bias.

The boardroom pantomime has nothing to do with the football matches.

The Sevco soap opera is hilarious, especially as the knuckledraggers STILL follow follow as if they are a shining example of all that football should be about.

The business/scandal/fortune telling stuff should be in the tabloids and broadsheet news pages, and not the sport section. That's the only thing that annoys me about the west coast bias.

The boardroom pantomime has nothing to do with the football matches.

Agreed, but I find myself skipping the really interesting reports on the performance of St Mirren in their nil-nil daw and going straight to the inevitable article, report, comment and editorial on the Rape of Rangers. And I think most do. Which is why they print it. Feck Eastenders.

Just checked to see if the match v Ross County, with the bad blood and recent history with the match would have made it one of the matches covered by Sportsound. Not a chance!!

Granted the BBC can't cover all matches, but surely if you are not on the TV until NOVEMBER that they'd cover the matches on Radio.,

Saints' lack of media coverage is a joke. Woeful.

What is the deal ? Why is it we are so overlooked?

Maybe they're planning to put more cookery and antiques programmes on the radio also.

"Open All Mics" is good but better to hear Saints whole games where I am down here at the moment.

Looking around my kids school friends, most of them support Man Utd, Liverpool, Barcelona, Chelsea etc etc.

What have they got that Scottish football doesn't have?

Much better TV coverage for a start.

MOTD on Saturday was great viewing. Look who these folk have signed, what a player this is, analysis of great skill and technique. Kids are excited by MOTD, and learn by watching their heroes featured and analysed by some decent presenters.

Until they drag Lawrenson from his special brew strewn wheelie bin behind the BBC studios and strap him to a chair to keep him upright. Then I'll hate MOTD again too ;)

New sport channel, BT Sport, have live coverage of 14 spfl games, but!!!!!, guess what, none involve the team who finished third in the premier league last season, surprise, surprise.

It's funny the split between those who can't get to games and want live TV coverage, and those who go regularly and don't.

Collectively we are like the kid who doesn't want to go to the party, but gets pissed of when he doesn't get invited!

BT sport are looking to attract customers. With the greatest respect in the world there are going to be very few outside Perth who the game will matter to.

Its already been proved that the " big game " supporters wont turn up for ordinary games. If the Perth people don,t give a phuck then why should BT sport?

Edited by LethamChippy

The 'big game' supporters will be back I feel, in dribs and drabs, over the course of the season.  I think it is reasonable that they have not returned within 10 days of spending £50 a head for two Europa games that would otherwise have gone on living costs.

Saints' efforts at promotion of the club will pay dividends over the course of the season, I am quite sure.  If it's an extra 100 folk a game, at least it is an upward trend.