Saints V Inverness Caledonian Thistle

glenrothes saintee

Quite right. I know fans shouldn't go onto the pitch, but the circumstances must surely be taken into consideration. This lad will be a hero at school tomorrow, and undoubtedly will never forget yesterday.

Looking at the goal celebration he looked as though he was on cloud nine and absolutely beaming. When i see him at School on monday i will tell him he was a silly wee boy who should no better and blaa blaa blaa..Then ask if he enjoyed it and then give him a high 5. I cant be seen to condone it - be it did look the craic

Anyone else left feeling bemused by sporscene's coverage of the goal that never was. Their footage hasn't cleared it up, from where we were sitting in the east stand it looked a goal. Goal line technology...... bring it on!

The fact that it wasn't discussed at all indicates to me that it was a goal and the ref was wrong.  Looked a goal to me anyway.

Anyone else left feeling bemused by sporscene's coverage of the goal that never was. Their footage hasn't cleared it up, from where we were sitting in the east stand it looked a goal. Goal line technology...... bring it on!

To be fair they didn't have a decent camera angle so probably felt they couldn't really discuss it.  Looking at it, as good as MacDonald was that has to go down as a bad miss really.

The fact that it wasn't discussed at all indicates to me that it was a goal and the ref was wrong.  Looked a goal to me anyway.

That's what it looked like to me too. Media= anti saints. Not that i'm bitter or paranoid!

If the game had finished, say, 0-0 or 1-0 to Caley, then (you would hope) that more focus would have been put on that incident. As it didn't really matter in the end, I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they felt other aspects of the game were more worthy of the 2mins we usually get surmising our game 

The three screenshots below show where Brill took off from, and his body position when he made the save - I'd say this indicates that it was well over the line, but camera angles can be deceptive.

The last image shows where the keeper landed, almost in the back of the net!

goalorno2_zpsf233b361.jpg

goalorno_zps4c8bc643.jpg

goalorno3_zps8cebdb4d.jpg

Edited by montrosesaintee

It never had a major bearing on the game, however looking at the above photo, it was miles over the line.

It is a big decision that the ref and his assistant have clearly got wrong. I would be inclined to give the benefit if it was close, but it is about 2 feet over. Terrible decision from a terrible ref.

Also Foran was lucky to stay on the park.

Thankfully as I have already said it never affected the outcome of the game

can cost £250,000 per ground so its never going to come to Scotland sadly. 

Yeah the Scotsman didn't even have a report of the game in the paper this morning. A whole page on some mickey mouse team in div. one, but not a peep about the biggest result of the w/end.

It really is so feckin frustrating that the papers dedicate so much column space to a diddy team beating Ayr Utd :evil: