Spitting Incident?

Dave Ferg

I was at the corner seen nothing ! No reaction from the player to suggest anything untoward happened, not saying it never happened just think it's about time we started being supporters of the team and stop bickering.

You are going round in circles. Read the thread. This has been discussed already.

It happened. Deal with it. Sometimes our support has unsavoury element and we should be doing every thing to stop it, not sweeping it under the carpet, pretending it didn't happen. We should call out 'supporters' who act up at home and away. I think we all agree on this. As Kyle said this is the classic poster and not the post type discussion so I am out.

N G E, if you're saying that the talk of folk spitting is.just rumours I can confirm that they're not as I saw it. Folk were spitting onto the area behind the goal throughout the game. This included when Brittain picked up the ball to go and take a corner. Whether or not folk were purposefully trying to hit him is a separate debate. Not taking sides, just saying what I saw. The young squad make a great racket and contribute a lot to the atmosphere but if (and I mean if) there were guys purposefully spitting at someone (regardless of who they are) then they need to cut that pish out.

N G E, if you're saying that the talk of folk spitting is.just rumours I can confirm that they're not as I saw it. Folk were spitting onto the area behind the goal throughout the game. This included when Brittain picked up the ball to go and take a corner. Whether or not folk were purposefully trying to hit him is a separate debate. Not taking sides, just saying what I saw. The young squad make a great racket and contribute a lot to the atmosphere but if (and I mean if) there were guys purposefully spitting at someone (regardless of who they are) then they need to cut that pish out.

Spitting itself while a little unsavoury is not unusual as almost ALL players engage in it during a match,however IF a supporter spat on a player that should result in (a) a complaint and (B) a conviction if proved.IF neither are forthcoming can we go back to footb all after all thats what we are about.

Spitting itself while a little unsavoury is not unusual as almost ALL players engage in it during a match,however IF a supporter spat on a player that should result in (a) a complaint and ( B) a conviction if proved.IF neither are forthcoming can we go back to footb all after all thats what we are about.

Sorry dont know where the unwanted smiley appeared from.

Has anyone been charged for a spitting incident ?

Haven't seen if this is the case.

Would have thought it would have been reported by now, by the authorities.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the only question that matters. Spit flying around the edge of the pitch from a bunch of fans foaming at the mouth and screaming at the enemy is of no interest and seen at every game on the planet.

A well gargled gob, aimed deliberately at another person in range is assault.

Hard to believe that after all thats going on between the clubs that a sputum missile would not reported by RC to the police and the SFA. And knowing their management, it would be all over the press by now.

Entertaining thread though. I look forward to next weeks 'saints sleuth' report.

The combined sound of snorting hard that wad of mucus or phlegm or lunger or its medical name "paranasal tubercular sinus oyster" from nose to back of throat then adjusting position by teasing it around the soft palate prior to firing forcefully from mouth (or, er, swallowing).

Derived from grolly, loogie and hockle.

Spit it out to produce a pavement oyster

Derived from grolly, loogie and hockle.

Some technical info from the Urban Dictionary.