Song Before Game And Card Display Plans. Spread The Word.

bigstu

Will this news scupper some of the Turkish chanting plans?

http://www.clanadonia.co.uk/2014/05/12/clanadonia-play-trophy-scottish-cup-final-saturday/

In theory the whole idea is great but I kinda agree with The Inspiration, if it's not done by everyone, together, in the same area, at the same time, I think it's just going to look dreadful and embarrassing... :(

I spoke with someone from SFA, and there is 15 mins of buildup,,, this is the start of it. We are doing ours as a warm up just before the teams emerge from the tunnel. Turning into our card display,

So still no problems here,

Will this news scupper some of the Turkish chanting plans?

http://www.clanadonia.co.uk/2014/05/12/clanadonia-play-trophy-scottish-cup-final-saturday/

In theory the whole idea is great but I kinda agree with The Inspiration, if it's not done by everyone, together, in the same area, at the same time, I think it's just going to look dreadful and embarrassing... :(

I don't get this... Saints fans have sung it at many games this season, not everyone joins in but it still looks and sounds good even from a couple of hundred doing it. Songs are started and don't take off all the time at football matches, it's no big deal and don't really see how that's embarrassing? Absolute worst case scenario it doesn't take off.

2700 so far have watched the video to date, and if only 3000 join in, it'll still be worth it.. Hopefully everyone joins in and it looks brilliant.

That would have been great to be part of!! Stadium looks quite basic for a cup final venue.. Do they always play it there?

The stadium was pretty basic, only holds about 22,000 and was built in the 1950's, as I understand it they move the Cup Final around the country (different venue every year) - the atmosphere was something else - both sets of fans more or less sang continuously from about an hour before the game started, interspersed with pyro and loud firecrackers - they had guys at the front of each section orchestrating it.

I don't see any reason for us not to try it - if it works great - if not, it's just like PauloPerth says "it's no big deal" - the Espania "twirling scarf" bit is real easy to join in (and you have to be a pretty miserable b*st*rd not to get caught up in that) - with a trumpet even better :-)

By Friday I hope to confirm that the trumpet is allowed in the stadium. The official line from McD is that there is a final meeting for Saints staff on Thursday. At this, a request from St Johnstone will be made to the sfa to gain permission for a trumpet to be allowed in the ground and a decision will be made there and then.

I hope to receive confirmation on Friday morning before flying up Friday night, with trumpet!

I have phoned McD several times and each time have been asked to leave details for them to be passed to Paul. I hope my gut feeling on the likely outcome of this meeting is wrong, but if anyone wants to make a polite request to the club that it would be good to push for the trumpet to be allowed in the ground, I can't see this doing the cause any harm.

Really hoping we pull this off. However I think the biggest hope for a mass involvement will be at the scarf twirling stage. If you keep that stage going longer than usual you will hopefully get the majority of the stand involved. The coordinated bit at the start is a big ask but that will be forgotten if the second part comes off.

Yes, there may be a lot of things going on at that time, so if it cannot be coordinated, and you hear it start about 8 mins to 3pm, then join in, and twirl your scarf. 

Remember to hold up the card on your seat as the team are announced onto the pitch.,

Really hoping we pull this off. However I think the biggest hope for a mass involvement will be at the scarf twirling stage. If you keep that stage going longer than usual you will hopefully get the majority of the stand involved. The coordinated bit at the start is a big ask but that will be forgotten if the second part comes off.

Totally agree, but if 500 folk do the first part and then 5,000 do the scarf twirling bit, the first bit will immediately make sense.  We must have had 300 folk doing it at the Celtic game, so I reckon it'll work no bother.

Tommy wright mentioned our plans.... If he is on board, then so should all of us.

“I know we’ll still be outnumbered but I’m sure we won’t be out-sung and I’m aware that a group of fans have gone to great lengths to help organise a card display and synchronised vocal backing and that is just terrific.”

It is official.. . . . . the trumpet is in?!?!?!?  Permission from Safety Officer given this afternoon, me of little faith!

Better get some practice in then. . . . . am in section 141, so to everyone in vicinity and beyond I hope you're ready to back me up!

Cheers to Paul.  Sounded like he has worked through more than a couple of lunch hours in the last few weeks!