Saints V Aberdeen 23/8/14. K-O 3Pm.

I'm a bit concerned about this fixture, just hoping it won't be a drubbing.  Dons will still be hurting after the Arabs turned them over, and may still want revenge for the semi-final.  Also Saints are not at their best, even the normally reliable defence is a bit off.

However, the last time a posted with a sense of doom and gloom, Saints won to prove me wrong.  The new signing might give them a boost.

Mckay is available after his red card has been rescinded. We'll need to be solid at the back, hopefully all our defensive errors are out the system.

Think it'll be too soon for Lappin to start, but imagine he'll be on the bench. Maybe Davidson on the bench too?

Probably start 4-5-1 and take it from there

Mannus

Mackay     Anderson       Scobbie        Easton

Millar          Brown

O'Hallorran                                Wotherspoon

Macdonald

Maclean

Mckay is available after his red card has been rescinded. We'll need to be solid at the back, hopefully all our defensive errors are out the system.

Think it'll be too soon for Lappin to start, but imagine he'll be on the bench. Maybe Davidson on the bench too?

Probably start 4-5-1 and take it from there

Mannus

Millar          Brown

O'Hallorran                                Wotherspoon

Macdonald

Maclean

Decent team but McDonald as an attacking midfielder. Don't see it myself.

Mannus

Spoony      Millar             Brown          Lappin

Kane   Maclean

He's supposedly lacking match fitness, you could give home a spot on the bench but I prefer the idea of starting him and even if he gets 60minutes or so, just feel he could well give us the freshness we desperately need opposed to playing the last 20 minutes where the game may well already have been won or lost

Morgan was at least training with Yeovil. Not sure where Lappin's been but he was released 3 months ago

When you read about how Lappin kept his head down, trained hard etc etc when he was frozen out at Norwich, it leads me to think that he won't be a guy who will have let himself go to any extent at all. Possibly that old chestnut of 'match fitness' may apply a little

We have to go 451 tomorrow as with a 442 Aberdeen's three attacking midfielders (pawlett,hayes and mcginn) would simply tear us apart. Swap Wright for Scobbie and I would go with Benito Kembles side.

I think we need pace at the back, we all know what Aberdeen can do to us on the counter attack. Hence having Scobbie in instead of Wright. I don;t think Scobbie's done much wrong this season.

I think we need pace at the back, we all know what Aberdeen can do to us on the counter attack. Hence having Scobbie in instead of Wright. I don;t think Scobbie's done much wrong this season.

have to agree with you benito , scobbie and ando in middle

although i think they ll do us in centre midfield if we pair

gary mac and midge, has to be midge/brown or midge/spooney

defo croft and o halloran on wings

I notice Aberdeen fans are planning on changing their shitey song from "Who the **** is Stevie May" to "Where the ****s yer Stevie May".

Utter bell ends. Although at least it means that we won't have to listen to that stand free nonsense for the whole game!