Killie V Saints. Lc 4Th Round Tues 23Rd Sept 2014

The ghost of Jim Morton

Who is going to this one??  I am giving it a miss due to  two things. Firstly  because it  would mean not getting home till after 11.30pm at best and much later should extra time and pens be required. Secondly because they are charging 20 ****ing quid. They can get tae...

Not confident at all and suspect we will be exiting this cup unless something  happens within the team and the tactics.

Trying hard not to be all doom and gloom but just cannae see past a Killie win unfortunately.

I won't be, spent over £100 on Saturday. 

This is just copied from what I wrote on P&B

I'd be half tempted to start play with the one up front, but make that one Morgan, have Caddis in behind him with O'Halloran and Croft on the wings. Millar and Lappin in behind, almost tempted to say give Easton a shot in there aswell, just to see how he copes at senior level, but I fully predict we'll go with the bog standard, paceless midfield we love.

Considering Steve Brown makes such a thing of lengthy cup runs it is frustrating that he has seen fit to put limits upon the manager. Therefore making a cup run unlikely at this point.

It is doubly frustrating that many fans have gambled on the "cup top up" and may lose out here big time if we capitulate at the first hurdle.

Apologies Abernethy, I am in "grumpy shite" mode again.

Is Graham allowed to play in this?

This is the sort of game that I would like to see Dylan Easton get a chance, however he seems to have fallen off the radar a bit recently.

Heard rumours that Tommy Wright is not happy with his work rate and also seen a quote on Eastons Instagram feed a few weeks ago which suggested he was not happy with his lack of opportunities.

If true, it's a shame as I think he could offer the team something different. At present we are lacking creativity and I'm sure anyone who has watched Easton in the U20s will vouch for the fact he has all the skill in the world.

Got to agree with other posters though, not much incentive to attend this game. £20 to get in and a good few hours travel involved. Fair play to those that do go.

For those going remember likely to be long delays due to Ryder Cup at Gleneagles and traffic restrictions and speed limits both north and south of Auchterarder. Good luck!!!

No from Stirling! Was thinking of going from here to Dundee on Saturday via Dollar and Tayport to avoid Auchterarder area.

No still laid up after operation. Might be a chance for TW to experiment as at the moment we are struggling in my opinion and need to find the best way to play without MacLean. I will leave it to the rest of the forum to decide what that is, I know I am chicken.

(Also a long long way to go for me not get home till almost getting up time even without extra time)

Edited by Cagerf

Would not chance it going that way, However the actual Ryder Cup does not start until Friday does it no? There is a couple of practice days but would not think there would be 100,000 for that. Stick to the outside lane and you should be alright. I am not going as will be late in getting back to Perth from working up North Perthshire to probably get there in in time. 

Would going by Crieff & Muthill be any faster. May still be some golf traffic though.

I am going looking forward to seeing what team and what formation he plays. We need to change from our defencive stratagy and go more at teams. 433 for me lets take the game to them. The back 4 picks itself. Midge McDonald Caddis up front O'Halloran Graham and Lappin. However I think he will go for his usual 4411 or 451 and hope to get a goal on the break. My problem is not that we are losing it is the way we are losing.

Edited by Inchcolm