Ched Evans

mainstand

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The guy is an average footballer, not a superstar.

Would a superstar get treated the same? I think not, clubs would bend over to sign that superstar.

Mike Tyson still got back into his sport after what he did, media, sponsors and promoters couldn't wait to get him back in the ring.

So my main point is that some are treated differently, depends on your status in your sport.

Evans will get hounded out in everything he now tries to do because he is just an average player.

The guy is an average footballer, not a superstar.

Would a superstar get treated the same? I think not, clubs would bend over to sign that superstar.

Mike Tyson still got back into his sport after what he did, media, sponsors and promoters couldn't wait to get him back in the ring.

So my main point is that some are treated differently, depends on your status in your sport.

Evans will get hounded out in everything he now tries to do because he is just an average player.

Look at Messi and his tax cause... Many UK "Celebs" have been hounded because of them being seen to work the system yet no one has uttered a word that Messi could well be guilty!

He has been convicted in a court of law by a Jury of his peers of raping a 19 year old girl.

The Court of appeal have reviewed it and agreed with the original verdict of being guilty of rape.

Having read the Court of appeal verdict it should send out a big warning to anybody that is thinking of having sex with somebody, that is under the influence of alcohol.

"A complainant consents if, and only if, she has the freedom and capacity to make a choice, and she exercised that choice to agree to sexual intercourse."

Hopefully a lot of people will really take note of that passage "and only if, she has the freedom and capacity to make a choice"

Maybe this is what should be taught as well as no is no, if the person that your away to have sex with has had one too many just don't do it.

He has been convicted in a court of law by a Jury of his peers of raping a 19 year old girl.

The Court of appeal have reviewed it and agreed with the original verdict of being guilty of rape.

Having read the Court of appeal verdict it should send out a big warning to anybody that is thinking of having sex with somebody, that is under the influence of alcohol.

"A complainant consents if, and only if, she has the freedom and capacity to make a choice, and she exercised that choice to agree to sexual intercourse."

Hopefully a lot of people will really take note of that passage "and only if, she has the freedom and capacity to make a choice"

Maybe this is what should be taught as well as no is no, if the person that your away to have sex with has had one too many just don't do it.

Pretty standard rule if you have any morals whatsoever.  

The question I have, what if both parties are drunk? I never quite understood why the responsibility always falls on the man?

There must be cases of perfectly sober woman sleeping with drunk men who wake up the next day regretting what they did?

Edited by Broon

Legal definition of rape involves penetration. in straight relationships, this would require something to be done with a woman. Plus, most women who tried to take advantage of a paralytic bloke would be sorely disappointed.........although there have been isolated convictions of women for the rape of men.

i think the lack of contrition for so long has played against him. Whether he is ultimately guilty or not (as he claims, as opposed to what the courts say) , you cannot be a convicted sex offender and expect to walk back into your old job.

Doesn't that usually depend on how the OMU (or English equivalent) view the perceived risk associated with your occupation? Assuming he is on 'licence' which carries various conditions.

I'd imagine if he is being linked to clubs that the OMU has given its approval.

In this case, the public are also involved because of his previous high profile career.