Saints V Killie Sat 28Th Feb. 3Pm

The ghost of Jim Morton

Not the worst 0-0 ever. Saints played some decent stuff at times on a difficult pitch. Hard to break killie down as they sat in and defended in numbers. They had a threat on the break as well.

Maybe would have brought on a McFadden or Swanson a bit earlier to try something different and hopefully create a bit more. Couldn't ask for more endeavour from the players, that goalmouth scramble in the last 10 where Mannus made the save before a couple of players threw their bodies in front of shots said it all.

First half their players fouled us all over the place with no bookings, then saints make a couple of fouls and two yellow cards.

Killie will still be in with an outside shout of top 6 the way hamilton are going, if Dundee or ourselves were to get a few bad results. They have Gary Locke's stamp all over them, battling and scrapping for everything, and their fixtures look alright upto the split.

Referee was the usual standard we've had all season, utter shite. How he can book Kane for diving yet let Killie off for the same offence is anyone's guess. We had at least 2 penalty claims in the 2nd half, it'll be interesting to see them again on sportscene. Graham should have buried his chance, can't believe he didn't throw himself at that ball.

Over played it at times, wanted too long on the ball at times too, plenty possession , but little invention.Ive seen plenty bombscares from Ando in his ten years, but that must be the worst. Not content with kicking the ballout Mannus' hands first half, he kicks Frazer in the coupon in the second, then does one of his infamous losing possession whilst last man to give them their one on one which resulted in the best scrammash I've seen for years.Hope he gets the treatment Scobbie did, after coming back from 4 months out, at times he looked allergic to football!

That was a quadruple of pish. Saints were pish. Killie were pish. The ref was pish and the weather was pish. The only positive I can take from today is that we got a point and the Arabs, Hamilton, Dundee and ICT got nothing. Nothing else to say about the game.

Typical Saints. All the results go for us & we don't take advantage.

Surely we have someone else to take corners & free kicks. What's wrong with varying things,short corners,near post corners etc etc.

Why leave it to injury time to sub. Why sub Kane instead of Macca. Why not bring on Croft. Too many why's for me today to Tommy.

Edited by Cagey

Typical Saints. All the results go for us & we don't take advantage.

Surely we have someone else to take corners & free kicks. What's wrong with varying things,short corners,near post corners etc etc.

Why leave it to injury time to sub. Why sub Kane instead of Macca. Why not bring on Croft. Too many why's for me today to Tommy.

I thought Wright made the right subs today tbh. Kane was contributing nothing except chasing nothing balls and holding it up 50 yards from goal before he went off, really needs to score soon or it'll become a bit worrying.

I thought Wright made the right subs today tbh. Kane was contributing nothing except chasing nothing balls and holding it up 50 yards from goal before he went off, really needs to score soon or it'll become a bit worrying.

He was contributing more than MacLean though. We're carrying him a little at the moment.

Agree with the Kane one, he's done well since he came in but thought today wasn't his best game, crowded out by a stuffy defence. I wondered if he'd been told to be greedier around the box because first half I thought he tried to force a turn and shot a couple of times when the better option looked to be to lay it off to a team mate.

I don't think there's too much pressure on him to score yet. He's just finding his feet in the team just now and he's contributed well overall. Apart from the aberdeen game, I can't remember too many clear chances we've created for him so far.

A game of opinions. I thought we were too slow in midfield going from back to front. Millar has been our best player this season but today I thought he held on to the ball too long and went across the park instead of picking out O'Halloran's and Kane's runs. Thought the substitutions were strange. I would not have put Grahame on he is hopeless. Kane was playing well chasing and closing down. I would have left him on. Swanson was even more strange 5 mins to go we had then on the rocks and he goes for 1 up front and 5 in the middle. He went for 1 point in my opinion more negativity. They never troubled us (except Andos error). When I saw Swanson coming on I expected him to go 433 with O'Halloran going up front. But alas no, defensive minded tactics again. Some consolation in our other hallengers for top six lost

Edited by Inchcolm

Dominated the game. Killie were determined and solid at the back and we couldn't get that goal. Caught on the counter attack from time to time but overall a frustrating game due to inferior officials. I don't know what's happening but the standard of refs is bringing our league down! Thinking we ought to have won this game as we're much the better team.

Edited by Dave H

A game of opinions. I thought we were too slow in midfield going from back to front. Millar has been our best player this season but today I thought he held on to the ball too long and went across the park instead of picking out O'Halloran's and Kane's runs. Thought the substitutions were strange. I would not have put Grahame on he is hopeless. Kane was playing well chasing and closing down. I would have left him on. Swanson was even more strange 5 mins to go we had then on the rocks and he goes for 1 up front and 5 in the middle. He went for 1 point in my opinion more negativity. They never troubled us (except Andos error). When I saw Swanson coming on I expected him to go 433 with O'Halloran going up front. But alas no, defensive minded tactics again. Some consolation in our other hallengers for top six lost

Whilst I agree the first sub was a little odd I actually thought Graham did ok. He won a fair few headers and linked quite well. I'd personally have taken off MacLean but in truth neither striker was playing brilliantly and their two central defenders were too comfortable in the air.

When Swanson came on he looked excellent and we actually looked more threatening so I wouldn't agree it was a negative sub. I actually was thinking he could have done it earlier, with hindsight.

Agree with the Kane one, he's done well since he came in but thought today wasn't his best game, crowded out by a stuffy defence. I wondered if he'd been told to be greedier around the box because first half I thought he tried to force a turn

and shot a couple of times when the better option looked to be to lay it off to a team mate.

I don't think there's too much pressure on him to score yet. He's just finding his feet in the team just now and he's contributed well overall. Apart from the aberdeen game, I can't remember too many clear chances we've created for him so far.

Your comments are valid in respect of being crowded out.

Macca and Kane had very little space in which to operate due to Killies defend in depth tactics and lets hit them ln the break.

There was only one team looking for the win. Agree with the over playing of the ball at times that nearly cost us. Teams that aint as good as us will try to stop us playing. Killie are one of those teams. Cant fault the players who tried their best to beat a team who constantly pulled shirts , tugged arms and fouled their way through the match. If the ref had stamped it out early doors then who knows what the score might of been. Myself ,I would of kept Kane on at Macca's expense and put Graham up top , with Kane dropping back. Swanson would also of been on earlier. The guys itching to prove a point............3 minutes at the end of the game isn't enough.

A day where nothing falls for us again but that point might be enough to make the top 6 ,so maybe a point gained.

Still think Hamilton away and Dundee at home will be huge games so make sure you're there.