Scotland V Gibraltar Mar 29

babychunder

We need to win this one handsomely.

I'd play 4-3-3 with this team.

GK            : Shagger

Back Four : Hutton, Berra, Greer, Robertson

Midfield     : Anya, Brown, Morrison

Strikers     : Naismith, Rhodes, May

I'd look to swap out Morrison for McArthur and Greer for Martin at some point, with one sub up my sleeve (maybe Steven Fletcher if a striker tires).

No place for Maloney or Darren Fletcher as they looked past their sell by date against Norn Iron.

Broon has been the most important player so far this campaign, there's no way Strachan's dropping him.  

I reckon it'll be: 

Marshall

Hutton, Greer, Martin, Robertson

Fletcher, Broon

Maloney, Naismith, Anya

Fletcher

Although I'd personally prefer to see Morrison in place of S Fletcher with Naismith moved up top.  

Broon has been the most important player so far this campaign, there's no way Strachan's dropping him.  

I reckon it'll be: 

Marshall

Hutton, Greer, Martin, Robertson

Fletcher, Broon

Maloney, Naismith, Anya

Fletcher

Although I'd personally prefer to see Morrison in place of S Fletcher with Naismith moved up top.  

I think that will be closer to the team than babychunders.

I still don't understand this wish for Naismith to be used up front. I can understand and agree with him being used just behind the forwards providing the ammunition but as a striker he fires blanks.

Steven Fletcher - 19 apps 1 goal

Steven Naismith - 35 apps 4 goals

Neither is prolific, but Naismith scores twice as often as Fletcher.

Jordan Rhodes - 11 apps 3 goals

Outscores them both.

Steven Fletcher - 19 apps 1 goal

Steven Naismith - 35 apps 4 goals

Neither is prolific, but Naismith scores twice as often as Fletcher.

Jordan Rhodes - 11 apps 3 goals

Outscores them both.

Who have Rhodes' caps and goals come against?  Naismith and Fletcher offer far more to the team than Rhodes does.  Maybe not such an important thing against Gibralter, although I think we should stick to the same system and players that have worked well for us so far.

Who have Rhodes' caps and goals come against?  Naismith and Fletcher offer far more to the team than Rhodes does.  Maybe not such an important thing against Gibralter, although I think we should stick to the same system and players that have worked well for us so far.

Google is your friend.

Disagree about Fletcher, he looked well rusty last game and hasn't been scoring for his club. Strikers need to score, especially whne played up top alone. Naismith I think is our best option followed by Rhodes. Rhodes needs someone to play alongside him, Naismith doesn't like to play main striker, so I'd start with them. Against Gib we can afford to be adventurous so I'd start 4-3-3 with May.

Google is your friend.

Disagree about Fletcher, he looked well rusty last game and hasn't been scoring for his club. Strikers need to score, especially whne played up top alone. Naismith I think is our best option followed by Rhodes. Rhodes needs someone to play alongside him, Naismith doesn't like to play main striker, so I'd start with them. Against Gib we can afford to be adventurous so I'd start 4-3-3 with May.

Without google, I'm pretty sure Rhodes' three goals have come against diddy teams (2 against Luxembourg, can't remember the other team he scored against but pretty sure it was in a 3-1 win so they couldn't have been that good!).  Gibralter probably is the sort of game that would suit him (given his record against diddy teams ;-)) but I doubt Strachan will change what he knows works well.

I'm undecided on Fletcher to be honest.  I thought he was quiet against Norn Irn but heard a couple of pundits mention him in the man of match conversation so I don't know if I just expected more of him or if I'm still in the huff with him for turning his back on us for a couple of years.  I wouldn't be upset to see him dropped (I'd rather Morrison in behind Naismith) but reckon Strachan will stick with him.

Edited by nips

I'm undecided on Fletcher to be honest.  I thought he was quiet against Norn Irn but heard a couple of pundits mention him in the man of match conversation so I don't know if I just expected more of him or if I'm still in the huff with him for turning his back on us for a couple of years.  I wouldn't be upset to see him dropped (I'd rather Morrison in behind Naismith) but reckon Strachan will stick with him.

His first touch is top drawer but he's not a great goalscoring threat. Saying that, with decent balls into the box his heading ability is good. I expect he'd operate more successfully with a striker alongside him. May would be perfect foil for him with his running ability. We could go with Naismith on the right, Anya left, Brown and Fletch in the middle and May alongside Fletcher up top. Means Maloney is left out though and arguably he's one of our more creative threats. Your team is likely how we'll shape up though.

Edited by Broon

Greer Defiantly Vows to shut out Gibraltar

Don't expect a goalfest - Greer

Brighton defender Gordon Greer says fans should not expect Scotland to run riot when they play Gibraltar in Euro 2016 qualifying on Sunday.

Greer said: "These players are no mugs and for me it is all about winning the game and moving on.

"It will be a difficult game and difficult to break them down and we are preparing as best we can."

Really can't believe that people don't rate Darren Fletcher or Scott Brown.

Fletcher look composed on the ball on Wednesday and I thought it was a mature performance. His passes were crisp and I felt he made the right decisions 99%

As for Brown, I can only assume it's the team he plays for that puts people off. Seems that every player that plays with energy is now labelled as "headless chicken". He is a good technical player, good in the challenge and gives anyone he plays against a hard time. Best midfielder in Scotland.

I'd personally go-

Gordon

Hutton-Martin-Hanley-Robertson

Fletcher-Brown

Maloney-Naismith-Anya

May/Rhodes

Blue tinted specs aside I really think it would be a great time to chuck May in. We know what Fletcher can do up top and his record is far from impressive scoring wise in Internationals.

Without google, I'm pretty sure Rhodes' three goals have come against diddy teams (2 against Luxembourg, can't remember the other team he scored against but pretty sure it was in a 3-1 win so they couldn't have been that good!).

Australia reserves pretty much at Easter Road. He played well in that game, but they were woeful.

Luxembourg, I was so cold (and drunk) that I can't remember much apart from Rhodes scoring a tap in, their goal being a screamer and Muzz coming on for the last few minutes.

i think this game suits May but i think Strachan would have given him game time on wed if he was going to play tho the other strikers who did play didnt exactly grab a starting shirt.

think it will be 

Marshall

Hutton Martin Greer Robertson

Brown Morrison

Maloney     Naismith      Anya

Fletcher