St Johnstone V Inverness

Longgforgan Saint

Here I go again we were negative from start with only 1 up front ICT were there for the taking. The last 15 mins proved that when we played 2 up. TW waits until 1 down an then goes for it late in the game. He knew we had to equal or better UTD score. EUROPE gone even if we beat UTD it will not be enough our defence record will count for nothing. Would rather we got beat 4v3 going for it than miss out with a defensive 1v1 draw.

Disappointed after that but for all the attention ICT get for their passing football. We played most of the football and passed it about much better than they did!

Didn't create much. Swanson played well in patches then was frustrating in others. Great strike for the one who hit the bar.

MacLean so off the pace. O'Halloran Frustrating, if he learns to be more composed he will score more than he has this season.

Muzz worked hard, thought Miller & Millar did fine today. Solid defensively apart from the goal. Not sure why Scobbie left the guy so much space out wide for their goal though?!

Well done Tom & Spoony for the goal! Graham what does he need to do to cement a place?!

Spoony so frustrating. Yet again didn't play to his best but he did work hard, got stuck in and won a few in the air too.

Caleys niggley rolling about and fouling was painful to watch.

We need someone from midfield to get into the box more often. How Craig, Muzz often used to do.

McFadden getting a chance to come on? Wouldn't of been my choice?

Edited by PerthSeany

Here I go again we were negative from start with only 1 up front ICT were there for the taking. The last 15 mins proved that when we played 2 up. TW waits until 1 down an then goes for it late in the game. He knew we had to equal or better UTD score. EUROPE gone even if we beat UTD it will not be enough our defence record will count for nothing. Would rather we got beat 4v3 going for it than miss out with a defensive 1v1 draw.

We had two up front the entire game. Ive no idea how you constantly decide we play one up front when we havent this year

If I had hair, I would probably be pulling it oot about now..Team selection and substitutions absolutely baffle me. Add to that yet another inept performance by the officials and a couple of utterly unacceptable dives by Swanson and I am somewhat fucked off yet again. How the fuck there could be 10 yellows in that game only God and that prick Dallas knows. The fact that 5 of them were for us is even more unbelievable. At least it now looks like I won't have to break off from my summer holiday anymore. I love Saints but sometimes the drive me fucking NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought we looked quite good going forward at the start of both halfs,and looked the more positive team, Mikey missed two great chances,the second one being really poor, he should've hit the target at least both times, also needs to take a look up more often, great football for our goal, reverse pass from Spoony and great run and cross from Scobbie, who had a decent game again, as did Miller considering the lack of games they've had recently.Have to see it again, but thought Ando wasn't tight enough to the guy that flicked the ball on for their goal, but Muzz didn't track Doran properly,decent game imo, might be in the minority

The only bookings I thought were right were the Raven second yellow and the one on Ando near the end. Not sure about the Swanson dives. Thought he was caught for the penalty shout bit I'm at the wrong end of the ground to be sure.

We were the better side though overall. Still never ever been impressed with Caley in the dozens of games they've played Saints. I guess they must be to us what other teams claim we are.

As others have said, I think Tommy chose the wrong starting line-up today. When you're setting up your team for an important match, you surely have to select the only striker who currently looks capable of scoring. Brian, as I expected, was very keen to prove himself when he eventually came on. Great goal. A lot of credit must go to Wotherspoon and Scobbie for setting him up with that opportunity. Great passion by the big man. It was great to see his attempts to get the crowd fired up in the aftermath.

I had no qualms with MacLean starting. I wanted the line-up to be as similar as possible to last week's one. It was a winning formula which I would have preferred to continue with. Of course, it's always a temptation to start Wotherspoon, Swanson and O'Halloran, but I simply don't like the latter as a striker and therefore would have started him on the bench again today.

Anderson struggles without a reliable centre-half playing beside him. Mackay did a fine job but it's obviously not his natural position. Chris Millar and Murray Davidson were good again. Swanson had a very good first-half before struggling in the second. As soon as Raven got booked, you could practically see Swanson smell blood. From that point onwards, I was reminded once again of that notorious match at Tannadice when he dived to get Steven Anderson sent off. It seemed like he was trying to do the same thing today. Unfortunately he also took a little tumble after Raven had been sent off. It was a bit disappointing.

The referee was pretty awful. Enough said.

Inverness are a good team. Very hard to break down. Good at stopping us from playing the football we would have maybe liked to play (which is, funnily enough, what we have been accused of doing by other teams). I'd be surprised if they didn't finish 3rd after today's result. With Dundee United getting an unexpected victory, a draw was a bit of a disappointing outcome for Saints. We must now focus on reclaiming 4th by beating the Arabs next week. Hopefully we could hold on to that position until the end of the season and pray that Caley win the cup.

United have released Graham , does that mean he can play next week? Hopefully ,but will probably still be on the bench.

I don't think so. they have merely announced they will not be renewing his deal. I believe he is still under contract to them till the seasons end.

Thought we were the better team today. Swanson the stand out in the first half, dropped off in the second. Not sure how people at the scoreboard end could see if his second one was a dive, there were bodies in the way from my view? Spoony was getting stuck in all over the park and thought he was very decent this week.

MOH should have done much better with both his chances but we all know his end product can be lacking but he plays in spite of that. Disappointing result and how flat we went after they scored but they are a good team so can't be too disheartened. Three points a must next week or we can forget about Europe.