Saints Vs Arabs

David123

Mannus

Mackay Ando Wright Easton (hopefully)

O'halloran Millar Lappin Swanson

. Wotherspoon

. Kane

I like that lineup, but would still have Muzz in place of Lappin. Lappin was better on the left, but Swanson is such a goal threat there he can't be left out. He'll be keen to score against Utd too.

I think Kane deserves to start.

Still a massive must win game and hopefully United will at best only get a point at ICT in midweek.

Would like to see Kane given a run put in this one in the absence of Graham.

I think 3rd may be out of reach so maybe an ICT win would be best.

I think 3rd may be out of reach so maybe an ICT win would be best.

Think it would be better with a united win and then we beat united on Saturday. Keeps it all nice and tight going into last two games which I think we can win given that they both have nothing to play for now.

We can't get third now. And despite the talk about Aberdeen and Celtic having nothing to play for, all that means is they'll give fringe players a chance to win contracts for next season, which doesnt make anything easier.

I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't finish 5th from this position now, as the results for us and united yesterday put a huge dent into things.

We can't get third now. And despite the talk about Aberdeen and Celtic having nothing to play for, all that means is they'll give fringe players a chance to win contracts for next season, which doesnt make anything easier.

I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't finish 5th from this position now, as the results for us and united yesterday put a huge dent into things.

RandoomGuy

For me the formation should be 442. I would attack them with pace and the midfield playing the ball into space behind their back four and making it a foot race (not into feet)

. Mannus

. Mackay Anderson Wright Easton

. Wotherspoon Millar Muzz Swanson

. O'Halloran Kane

We need to improve our gd as ig may end up tied for 4th

A bit late now to increase our goal dif against probably the best 3 teams in the league.

There have been a few games where we dominated but were happy to sit on 1 or 2 goal lead. I have thought from start of season that relegation, play off top 6 etc could come down to goal dif & have been pissed off by our attitude.

A bit late now to increase our goal dif against probably the best 3 teams in the league.

There have been a few games where we dominated but were happy to sit on 1 or 2 goal lead. I have thought from start of season that relegation, play off top 6 etc could come down to goal dif & have been pissed off by our attitude.

beat united 3-0 and our gd will be better than theirs and they go to inverness tomorrow night so that might change.

I like that lineup, but would still have Muzz in place of Lappin. Lappin was better on the left, but Swanson is such a goal threat there he can't be left out. He'll be keen to score against Utd too.

I think Kane deserves to start.

Why does Kane deserve to start? He hasn't scored a goal. I'd actually quite like to see M'OH up top with McFadden in behind. It's a combination that hasn't been tried yet. MacLean is out of form and Kane was all huff and puff and no threat against Dundee United U20's.

Why does Kane deserve to start? He hasn't scored a goal. I'd actually quite like to see M'OH up top with McFadden in behind. It's a combination that hasn't been tried yet. MacLean is out of form and Kane was all huff and puff and no threat against Dundee United U20's.

McFadden ran around like a headless chicken & hardly touched the ball when he came on on Saturday. I can only assume the reason he went for the forward formation was that what he intended against the Arabs. Still doesn't explain why he waited for 10 mins to go to bring on Graham & then bring on Faddy before him.

Of the first team games he has started, Kane has had one overwhelming MOTM Poll win, and scored consistently on the others - so my feeling that he deserves to start is based upon opinions of a range of fans over a number of games.  I feel that he struggles to adapt to the pace of a game as a substitute, a skill that I honestly think only comes from game time and experience.  

Compared to our other strikers, only Graham stands out as more valued by the fans in terms of MOTM votes, and he's cup tied for this one.  MoH is inconsistent at best, and I'm struggling to remember if he has scored a goal when played up front.  Based on some of his misses on Saturday, I remain unconvinced by him as a number 9.

MoH clearly bothers teams with his pace and ability with the ball at his feet.  For me that is best employed further back.  Swanson is a better left winger, and Wotherspoon can play right or centrally, so I'd put MoH wide right, and Kane up top.

Mannus

MacKay Wright Ando Easton/Scobbie

Millar Davidson

O'Halloran Wotherspoon Swanson

Kane

Edited by montrosesaintee

Are we forgetting where O'Halloran scored twice against United from?

Get him back wide left where he is at his best, but only if Easton is back, he's the only one who can cover for his lack of tracking back. I'd probably have Swanson down the right tbh, if Mackay is back there. I think they'd have a bit of intelligence behind them. If I had my way it'd be....

Mannus

Mackay

Ando

Wright

Easton

Millar

Lappin

Swanson

Spoony

MOH

Maclean

I know McLean is out of form, but I just don't think Kane is the man to ruffle feathers and link play. I'm being critical of MacLean recently, he's been poor, but hey he's got to find form at some point.