Is Scottish Football truly incompetent?

Gussie

• 1 month later...

The thinking seems to be Strachan won't resign, he wants sacked to get his ginormous pay off. Given the World Cup is fecked anyway, what's the point in paying all that out just to pay double and hand another manager an impossible task.

if that's true, it's really cynical thinking, completely lacking in vision. I can't believe the SFA are that short of cash.

Strachan is a useless wank who we are stuck with, hey ho.

Suspect that the blazers can't think of a replacement...and hoping that something turns up which is why Gordy manfully continues.

Action (!) Points:

In the meantime, will they sack the idiot who commissioned those pink strips! 

Employ someone to trace decent players with a hint of a Scottish heritage...greenfinches across the sea have been doing it for years.

Cancel the "Svetlana suite" in Moskva...which sells cheap grain vodka..and special ladies (and boys?) .theyre no going noo...

In the meantime, will they sack the idiot who commissioned those pink strips! 

Look, is it any coincidence that the current heads of governance in the SFA and SPFL are English gentlemen. If these two buffoons had been deliberately planted within Scottish football to undermine its foundations they could not have done a better job.

Pink strips you say, isn't the other option the Liquorice allsorts strip? That's what it is generally referred to down here in England we are a laughing stock but they can't even be bothered laughing anymore.

I'll not go into the mal-governance issues and the disbelief held by media people outside Scotland towards the North Korea style control over our sports jounalists and and broadcasting agencies .... no siree!

This might not be the right place for this post if not apologies.................but I have just noticed that the Fake Saints have had their Scottish Cup game cancelled tomorrow. Surely if they put the undersoil heating on today ( or yesterday given the weather forecast) the pitch would be fine for tomorrow afternoon. As they are playing Spartans, a brilliantly run wee Edinburgh club, there should have been no problem with travel. Yes, it has been cold this week but for a supposedly "big" club to have such an early postponement is in my view ridiculous.

This might not be the right place for this post if not apologies.................but I have just noticed that the Fake Saints have had their Scottish Cup game cancelled tomorrow. Surely if they put the undersoil heating on today ( or yesterday given the weather forecast) the pitch would be fine for tomorrow afternoon. As they are playing Spartans, a brilliantly run wee Edinburgh club, there should have been no problem with travel. Yes, it has been cold this week but for a supposedly "big" club to have such an early postponement is in my view ridiculous.

Problem with u\s heating. Think they can claim of insurance. No chance.

• 3 weeks later...

If so many cards are being rescinded is it not time that the referees are called  to task by their peers and given a refresher course. ( or disciplined)

Used to be that the Refs decision was final, whether it later proved right or wrong. 

Ah the  power of TV and the Sportscene panel. :wink:

Edited by HOODLUM65

Malky Mackay appointed as Scottish footballs new sporting director.

Stewart Regan says " due diligence " has been carried out.

Mackay ( is one of a group ) who has a Court case raised by Cardiff City to face regarding fraudulent transfer issues.

Don't have an inkling regarding whether he is guilty or not, (and everyone is entitled to be innocent till proved otherwise )  but this could blow up in Regan's face.

If Mackay is found guilty, Regan should collect his coat and go immediately.

All week folk have been talking about Mackays position and nearly everyone has said we need to bring back reserve football,

I know something needs done but I can't see how this helps?

surely going out on loan playing 1st team football is better than reserve football, u are allowed to play over aged players in the u20s league so the youngsters still get to play with older ones.

All week folk have been talking about Mackays position and nearly everyone has said we need to bring back reserve football,

I know something needs done but I can't see how this helps?

surely going out on loan playing 1st team football is better than reserve football, u are allowed to play over aged players in the u20s league so the youngsters still get to play with older ones.

His appointment is a glaring example of what is wrong with Scottish football. Cardiff issues aside, as our performance director, we have appointed someone who has been out of the Scottish game for 20 years, has been a decent at best manager, has no real history of bringing through youths and most likely feels he has something to prove.

We should be appointing someone who is experienced of working with youths, knows the workings and failings of Scottish football and is keen on developing the game alone, not his reputation.

We should be appointing someone who is experienced of working with youths, knows the workings and failings of Scottish football and is keen on developing the game alone, not his reputation.

Fair enough, would not disagree with one word.  However, having thought about it I find the back of my postage stamp is still blank.

• 4 weeks later...