Wright v Brown

rik2304

My question would be, why let a young defender in Brad McKay go when it is looking increasingly likely that Dave Mackay is unlikely to play and is probably earning more than Brad ?

It has been obvious for some time,maybe all last season as well that Tommy had a problem with Brad. Strange as he tracked him and signed him on a PCA. Something must have been said or tweeted that upset Tommy.

Of course there is flexibility when everyone is available. And Watson is back in training.

Paton has already been instrumental in two goals in the last two games and his long range passing has been excellent.

McKay cost a goal in almost every game he's played.

Of course there is flexibility when everyone is available. And Watson is back in training.

Paton has already been instrumental in two goals in the last two games and his long range passing has been excellent.

McKay cost a goal in almost every game he's played.

Who cost us the goalds in the games he didnae play in??  Should we punt them??  As for Paton, we must be talking about different guys. The one I watched on Saturday struggled to pass the ball to any St.Johnstone player..

Rather than go on all night ( I have  somewhere to be) lets just do the  right thing, agree to disagree and then agree that we all want things to turn out well and hopefully they will.  :wink:    You can then call me a drama queen and I will laugh about it. If it does go tits up, I'll be too busy greeting to  even mention this discussion:wink:

My question would be, why let a young defender in Brad McKay go when it is looking increasingly likely that Dave Mackay is unlikely to play and is probably earning more than Brad ?

Because he wants to be starting every week, and hes not going to get that here and hes not better than Ando or Joe. Thats all there is to it

It has been obvious for some time,maybe all last season as well that Tommy had a problem with Brad. Strange as he tracked him and signed him on a PCA. Something must have been said or tweeted that upset Tommy.

:laugh: What a load of shite. McKay was dropped for making utterly horrendous mistakes every time he played. European games and the Hearts game were clearly the problem. He then got dropped, and wanted first team football so was loaned out. He came back and was given another chance, and once again started making mistakes. His "defending" for Celtics third goal the other week was embarrassing.

Because he wants to be starting every week, and hes not going to get that here and hes not better than Ando or Joe. Thats all there is to it

:laugh: What a load of shite. McKay was dropped for making utterly horrendous mistakes every time he played. European games and the Hearts game were clearly the problem. He then got dropped, and wanted first team football so was loaned out. He came back and was given another chance, and once again started making mistakes. His "defending" for Celtics third goal the other week was embarrassing.

I'd like you to list the horrendous mistakes.

He slipped on a wet surface at Tynecastle.

Don't remember any horrendous defending in Europe.

The Celtic game I assume was when Griffith's nudged him off the ball on the centre line. It is hard to resist against a push when you are in midair.

I'd like you to list the horrendous mistakes.

He slipped on a wet surface at Tynecastle.

Don't remember any horrendous defending in Europe.

The Celtic game I assume was when Griffith's nudged him off the ball on the centre line. It is hard to resist against a push when you are in midair.

I'm not going to waste my time, tbh, as you've clearly decided what path youre heading down.

I'm not going to waste my time, tbh, as you've clearly decided what path youre heading down.

But so have you!! If Ando had been judged on his first 10 games or even first 5 years he'd not be here now.Brad was at fault against Celtic for the THIRD goal, not the other two, Ando was at fault at Motherwell for their goal, and he's a lot more experienced,

Hes regularly caught of position, regularly makes the wrong decision on whether to back off or get tight and regularly makes the wrong decision in terms of when to clear the ball or when to play it out from the back. Maybe hes been treated harshly, but if hes going to be chapping on the managers door every month asking if hes going to be a regular than he can only expect to be treated by the same standards Anderson and Shaughnessy are. If he'd been willing to work on his game and provide cover then he'd likely have been given time, like Anderson was.

There are judgements being made on a player who has only played a half dozen or so games for the club in over a season.

The boy did okay but nothing special so no big loss in my opinion. 

I think the most noticeable thing about Tommy's reasoning is that he does not mention cuptie at all. 

I'm not sure what his goals have to do with anything? David Robertson scored us a goal to put us into the top six once.

Hes judged on his defensive abilities as hes a centre half. 

Just that one of your colleagues who also thinks Brad was not a good signing cited his "prancing about up the pitch" against Alashkert as an example of his poor play.  By the way, out of curiosity, was that one of his "horrendous mistakes" in European games you were anxious to mention? 

Just that one of your colleagues who also thinks Brad was not a good signing cited his "prancing about up the pitch" against Alashkert as an example of his poor play.  By the way, out of curiosity, was that one of his "horrendous mistakes" in European games you were anxious to mention? 

I imagine that comment is to do with when they scored. Instead of running back into position after a set piece like every CB on the planet, he ran into the left wing position instead. It doesnt excuse the cluster**** that then happened, but its utterly bewildering.

The away match against Alashkert he was being caught out constantly by simple balls in behind and down the channel between him and Mackay- ball watching and not picking up his man. The home game, he was wandering about on the left wing for some reason when they broke up the pitch, into the massive gap he had left, and scored their goal. That's when I started having concerns about his concentration levels and positioning. He could well go on to be a decent player if he cuts out these mistakes, but just now he's not good enough to get the regular football he craves with us.   

Good luck to the lad. Hopefully he'll move down to the Championship and get some experience at a lower level where he can hopefully improve his game, cut out the mistakes and make a decent career for himself. 

Brad right now..... to Brown and Wright.

https://giphy.com/gifs/3o6ZsVSd9nrdo2jUsg

Edited by MySpazz

I imagine that comment is to do with when they scored. Instead of running back into position after a set piece like every CB on the planet, he ran into the left wing position instead. It doesnt excuse the cluster**** that then happened, but its utterly bewildering.

1. Brad had only been on the pitch for 7 or 8 minutes when Alashkert scored.

2. I thought Joe and Tam were allocated CB duties when big Frazer went off.

3. The Alashkert goal did not come from a set piece but from a speculative long ball when a Saints attack broke down.

4. Joe and Tam were more or less in position but the ball bounced kindly for the Alashkert guy who made the most of the opportunity.

In that case he now has competition as Foster can also play there.

If Foster plays a full 90 mins anywhere other than right back between now and when he gets released at the end of the season, I will be astonished....

P.S.. Let's be honest, Brad McKay wasnae very good. We can all kid on that we could have developed him and he could have been the next Ando given more of a chance... The truth is a pretty average Championship defender, at best..

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz